Commander
# 1021
02-16-2013, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
One could argue the Kumari reveal and Ask Cryptic were attempts at diverting attention.
You mean apart from the fact that the Ask Cryptic was scheduled to go out yesterday and we get a screenshot each and every Friday of new and upcoming content?
Career Officer
# 1022
02-16-2013, 07:26 AM
Also, Please remember when reading their figures that their Cryptics numbers, not the actual numbers players are actually putting up.

Cryptic comes to the conclusion you don't have a life and therefore can grind for 8 to 10 hours a day to get all of your available Omega Marks, Romulan Marks. Fleet Marks, EC and Lobis that you get from lockboxes opened with keys purchased with the EC you spent all day grinding for.

They most likely include accounts that have been abandoned now that the grind has hit WoW-like proportions.
Career Officer
# 1023
02-16-2013, 07:27 AM
The real pain of this is that I have been waiting for the better part of an hour Klingon side for a mission to team with people for fleet marks. My fleet members are not always on. The foundry mark could have been lowered and accomplish slowing small fleet growth. Eliminating them, means when i am on at slow times of the day, i am unable to get fleet marks. this is not really acceptable as alot of the good gear/ships is tied up in the Starbase.
Career Officer
# 1024
02-16-2013, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowqfah View Post
The real pain of this is that I have been waiting for the better part of an hour Klingon side for a mission to team with people for fleet marks. My fleet members are not always on. The foundry mark could have been lowered and accomplish slowing small fleet growth. Eliminating them, means when i am on at slow times of the day, i am unable to get fleet marks. this is not really acceptable as alot of the good gear/ships is tied up in the Starbase.

If you play KDF, even during rush hour its a pain to get a full group together.

But the numbers don't lie right? KDF players are making to many FMs..XD
Career Officer
# 1025
02-16-2013, 07:42 AM
Until they finally add Fleet Marks to PVP missions, it's always going to be laughable. Fleets PVP together, and yet don't get FM for doing it? They fight in Kerrat against the Borg but don't get Omega Marks or Nanos?

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 02-16-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 1026
02-16-2013, 07:49 AM
The line must be drawn here and now:
Do they work for us, their customers?
Or do we grind for them, as enslaved players?
There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
Ensign
# 1027
02-16-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
This has been Cryptics "politics" since STO went F2P and even before, if i remember correctly.

What bothers me most is how inconsequent they do things, starting with STOs ship mechanics where ships only look like Star Trek ships but work completely different, going to constant Fleet Mark changes at the Foundry daily and other dailys not even working. I don't want to start thinking about pressing Star Trek ships into a Stone/paper/scissor mechanic....
Abilities getting constantly changed which can suddenly make your ship build completely useless from one day to another, in the worst case.

Apparently they want to give us more opportunities to get Dilithium, fine. But don't they remember they installed a 8000 Dilithium cap per day a long time ago?
I wouldn't care for it if they wouldn't decrease the amount of Fleet Marks per mission at the same time. Everyone i know (including myself) constantly needs more Fleet marks, not Dilithium, at least not that much.
Sometimes i think they don't even care to play the game by themselves from time to time, i know if it where a Star Wars of BSG game they would be much more enthusiastic and careful about it...

I too have the impression everytime they release a new patch, the game fails to work on some other area, if it's some technical thing or game mechanics.

Things like that don't raise confidence about their competence when it comes to making games in general. I wonder why companies keep giving them their IPs to make games, don't they even bother to look what they do with their product?

Really, i just don't get it...

Honestly my confidence in them is at a new low point.

Sorry if this has gotten off topic a bit.
Maybe the answer is in complaining to CBS and maybe they will dish out some specifics about customer satisfaction.
Career Officer
# 1028
02-16-2013, 08:01 AM
I'm still crossing my fingers the PWE surveys are Craptics wake up call. This is a PWE forum ((Hence the sto-forum.perfectworld.com in your browser.)). All a mod has to do is drop an e-mail and say 'Theres a problem.'

We can only hope.

At this point, its all we have...
Ensign
# 1029
02-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Reality is they have a monoploy - there is nowhere else to get your Star Trek fix at present.
Yes for now but the new star trek co op game is due out in April before dstahls intended fix.... So trekkies will have another outlet for their trek fix. Let's hope they come back.
Republic Veteran
# 1030
02-16-2013, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferengitraders View Post
Yes for now but the new star trek co op game is due out in April before dstahls intended fix.... So trekkies will have another outlet for their trek fix. Let's hope they come back.
STO has nothing to worry about from that game.

Closed Thread