Career Officer
# 1121
02-16-2013, 12:13 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 02-16-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Ensign
# 1122 Lol
02-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horgahn View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
these are the posts that just make me laugh,
you know you will never do that even given the chance
but it sure is funny when people get upset

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 02-16-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Career Officer
# 1123
02-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydawnknight View Post
Trust me I appreciate and understand the crappy situation we're all in. And yes, we are all forced to grind. What I was pointing out, is the method of doing so is flawed, and it always was. As far as saying that the missions weren't "autofarm", allow me to clarify what I saw:

1) If you can walk off and have lunch/watch TV/read the forums/etc with little to no input from you at all while the game plays and earns rewards for you, then you are AFK (as in Away From Keyboard)

2) It is not up to the players to "fix" a broken anything in the game. It is certainly not up the the player base to do it using a tactic which is obviously not intended. If you're going to argue that using a storymaking tool to make enemies that don't fight back, or to turn your BOffs into auto-win robots for easy money making isn't wrong, then I don't have much more to say on the matter.
1) let's kill of doffing then

2) You're not big on creative thinking are you? And my BOFF's are autowin robots in any case, and they should be, I have them all kitted up in Omega Mk.12 and with good ground traits. Also, I'm their commanding officer, so they better do what I tell them to do. But hey, why not. Let's kill boff commands too, it is clearly not intended that we place them on strategic positions.

Hell, nerf *everything*, this game is fading away, better to go out with a bang
Career Officer
# 1124
02-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
At the risk of being confrontational, judging by the sigs it seems to me that the majority of people that have even come close to defending the St. Valentine's Day Massacre (patch) are *gasp* Foundry authors.

Is AFK wrong? Yes, in a team event. In solo, I couldn't care any less. It doesn't affect me. I will never begrudge a person their free time. If a subscriber wants to pay money to do nothing, more power to him.

But don't force me to play some overly wordy 1 hour+ mission because someone wants to legislate morality.
I wouldn't even call it morality. I would call it 'My way or the highway. mentality.'

Good points on both sides though. But what it comes down to is, I pay for the game, if I want to stand around for 20 minutes in a solo mission and do nothing, that's my prerogative. I'm not hurting anyone, and the gains I'm making are a drop in the ocean compared to whats being moved around within the game.

How was I hurting anyone. Hell, most of the time I was AFK for 30 minutes or so. ((I have 3 grandkids here, 5, 4 and 2.)) that falls within the limits they set now.

I'm sure there were people that did them in less time, some took even longer. I didn't do the same one every time. There multiple grinders to choose from.

The 'It wasn't being used as it was intended line' is BS. The Foundry was made first and foremost so players could have FUN.(Supposedly.) It was a balance of fun and convenience. Now its neither. Its a reminder of fun no longer available because the nerfing leaves such a bad taste.
We are now in a gaming paradox created by Cryptic/PWE...

"You cannot win because you cannot get the rewards and

you cannot get the rewards because you cannot win."

Last edited by thebumble; 02-16-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Commander
# 1125
02-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Just chucking it out there, but isn't the real problem that the foundry should be just what it was suppose to be, fan fiction for those budding authors that wanted their story told, to be played by those people who wanted more from the normal Cryptic missions and wanted some variety?

Cryptic imo, have turned the foundry into "the story" and "the Content" for STO, whilst they continue to pursue ways to get you to play more by grinding and pay instead.

If the foundry had 0 exp and 0 marks, how many people would really use the foundry (as it used to be)

Being a long term forum dweller, the posts about the foundry always seem to be "I won't play em" or "too much rubbish in em" and they were only used by those who want to dabble more than actually used as content.

So all you foundry authours, sorry, but isn't it possible that people only play your missions simply because they provide Dil and marks and only a small portion of your mission is actually read? Doesn't that at the least gall you?

Most honest people on the forums over the last few years have said (and I agree), that they refuse to play missions created by fans and want Cryptic to create the missions. Is this still the case?

So far in the thread, very few are saying "no problem, I play the missions for fun not for Marks", that to me would be a resounding "foundry is just a tool for dil and marks" then a "great way to explore more storys".

Sheesh, can I use so many "" in a post? Been at least 25 years plus since I was at school

P.S. Sorry, been drinking too much of my single malt stuff. Forgive me if I'm rambling.

Off to the Neverwinter forums for a *hits and giggles...
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".

Last edited by solomace; 02-16-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 1126
02-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horgahn View Post
i think we are all mature enough here that we dont have to resort to personal attacks. Calm down.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 02-16-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Career Officer
# 1127
02-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomace View Post
Just chucking it out there, but isn't the real problem that the foundry should be just what it was suppose to be*snip*
The real problem is that this game isn't what it is supposed to be. Hell, I'm not even sure if I should call it a game any longer.
Career Officer
# 1128
02-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Tempers must be getting frayed at Cryptic HQ.

Here's one from me to Dan with love:

"May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits forever"

It's cultural and traditional so be respectful whilst you're censoring me

*hugs!!*
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 1129
02-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
i think we are all mature enough here that we dont have to resort to personal attacks. Calm down.
I dunno. I gave a mild snort at the picture floating through my brain....
We are now in a gaming paradox created by Cryptic/PWE...

"You cannot win because you cannot get the rewards and

you cannot get the rewards because you cannot win."
Commander
# 1130
02-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4v1t4r View Post
The real problem is that this game isn't what it is supposed to be. Hell, I'm not even sure if I should call it a game any longer.
Okay. You got me.

However, you know someone from "the otherside" is now going to ask you "what should the game be"...

I get you though.

Who would have thunk it, I can open up CO forums, STO forums and NW forums all in different tabs.

Technology eh... Fascinating...

Whats next, Garlic bread...
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".
Closed Thread