Career Officer
# 1211
02-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
That was my point
Lol don't forget it means they are under less pressure to actually make new meaningful content...

Oh you want new stuff... but you've not even finished T5 yet, here buy some lockbox Keys!!!
Career Officer
# 1212
02-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomace View Post
I notice their PR site Massively is very quiet.

Something about a 10 foot pole?

Interested to see if they do mention this and if so, how she will spin it.

Cheques in the mail eh?
I was over on MMORPG and STO isn't even top 10 anymore. Was for awhile...

After all, wasn't it the MMO of The Year? Now its the MMO of The Tears.

XD
Career Officer
# 1213
02-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cratchmaster View Post
True, this actually isn't about the Fleet Marks, it's about respect, or complete lack shown by the dev team. The player base was very upset with the dilithium nerf introduced after season 7. A band-aid solution and the admittedly wonderful Winter and Anniversary events passified the player base. But the fact of the matter is that the game was and still IS a grind fest and episodes like the current fleet mark removal and subsequent snubbing by the devs completely diminish the good will they tried to build with the holiday events. If I ran a company like this, I certainly wouldn't expect to be running it for long.
I'm more upset that they removed tech from STF's, introduced a reputation system for it, and then had the audacity to claim they where doing me a favour.

Fact is, in S5 I logged on for fun, mostly straight after I got home, did stuff with fleetmates etc. Now, I don't log in till later in the evening, and most of the time I just chat and look at the exchange. In fact, since I got an out of game client to chat I don't even log in anymore. They have taken away the sole reason for playing, to have *fun*. All that is left to me is chatting and STF's every now and then. The dev's keep going on about dilithium, well I never had a problem maxing my cap in season 5, and I still don't have one, I just don't bother with refining it anymore. And if they really want to help us getting more dilithium for the Starbases, rep systems and whatever, then allow us to donate unrefined dilithium too. That wouldn't hurt the dili economy, and stimulate donations...but that's just wishfull thinking I guess.
Career Officer
# 1214
02-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
True, this actually isn't about the Fleet Marks, it's about respect, or complete lack shown by the dev team. The player base was very upset with the dilithium nerf introduced after season 7. A band-aid solution and the admittedly wonderful Winter and Anniversary events passified the player base. But the fact of the matter is that the game was and still IS a grind fest and episodes like the current fleet mark removal and subsequent snubbing by the devs completely diminish the good will they tried to build with the holiday events. If I ran a company like this, I certainly wouldn't expect to be running it for long.
Exactly this!

I, like many others I suspect, was willing to give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt after they hastily implemented the post-Season 7 fixes - the hope being that they'd realised they overstepped the mark and would pay greater attention to what the community was telling them going forward.

Obviously that's not the case and they're simply scheming other ways to get more time and/or money out of us via the most opaque and swingeing moves available to them.

Honestly, I'm dreading The Season formerly known as 8 because it seems clear that whilst it'll be shiny and colorful and pretty, beneath all the glitz will be more Scrooge-like mechanics as they seek to limit player choice and force us into grinding more or paying more.

Even a hamster needs to get off the wheel once in a while
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Republic Veteran
# 1215
02-16-2013, 12:58 PM
I cannot see this ending well for Cryptic at all. As a way of breaking my pattern of spending with them, instead of spending this $20 on zen, I am gonna head out and have a decent lunch. A steak perhaps. Why? Because I have additional income I can just blow it on whatever I want...but not on a Cryptic game. Not anymore.
# 1216
02-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Maybe it's time for folks to quit trying to convince Dan Stahl of making the right choices and start emailing PWE execs or Jack Emmert to ask for Dan's resignation. I think it's time to get some new blood at the helm and maybe we'll get someone whose concerns are more inline with the playerbase.
Career Officer
# 1217
02-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post
Maybe it's time for folks to quit trying to convince Dan Stahl of making the right choices and start emailing PWE execs or Jack Emmert to ask for Dan's resignation. I think it's time to get some new blood at the helm and maybe we'll get someone whose concerns are more inline with the playerbase.

Maybe JJ would want to take a shot at the helm..XD

*ducks and runs like hell...*
Career Officer
# 1218
02-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
I'd getit if someone makes an overhaul mod and makes it in the proper universe. With a bonus level where you can hunt jjabrams down.

Only if we get a mission where we can defend JJ (I like ST09 )

*puts flame suit on*
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Career Officer
# 1219
02-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydawnknight View Post
Trust me I appreciate and understand the crappy situation we're all in. And yes, we are all forced to grind. What I was pointing out, is the method of doing so is flawed, and it always was. As far as saying that the missions weren't "autofarm", allow me to clarify what I saw:

1) If you can walk off and have lunch/watch TV/read the forums/etc with little to no input from you at all while the game plays and earns rewards for you, then you are AFK (as in Away From Keyboard)

2) It is not up to the players to "fix" a broken anything in the game. It is certainly not up the the player base to do it using a tactic which is obviously not intended. If you're going to argue that using a storymaking tool to make enemies that don't fight back, or to turn your BOffs into auto-win robots for easy money making isn't wrong, then I don't have much more to say on the matter.
1) This was not fixed by the patch. You can still AFK in any mission as long as it takes 20 minutes and still earn dilithium and now without a cooldown. The boff thing still actually works and you get loot and dilithium.

2) I agree with you there. Cryptic should be fixing it.

3) It's not just a storymaking tool; it's also a mission tool.
Ensign
# 1220
02-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
I cannot see this ending well for Cryptic at all. As a way of breaking my pattern of spending with them, instead of spending this $20 on zen, I am gonna head out and have a decent lunch. A steak perhaps. Why? Because I have additional income I can just blow it on whatever I want...but not on a Cryptic game. Not anymore.
LOL this is nothing......honestly Cryptic have done far worse than this.....and STILL they ignored the playerbase......Cryptic devs are EPIC at not actually replying to player concerns.

No matter what the fuffy happy state of the game wording is about how they care deeply about STO....the ultimate truth is...no....they do NOT care about STO or even the Trek franchise.....this is after all the company that hired Dollar Bill Roper.....some people like to say that all that he touches turns to gold......no it's fools gold and sooner or later people will realise that.

HA just kidding.....no one will realise anything because people are STUPID and this is WHY online gaming has gone to the dogs....because it is NOT now and never will be again about games for gamers....it's all about teh moneh!!!

Dollar Bill says 'MOAR CASH!!!!!'
Closed Thread