Lt. Commander
# 1421
02-16-2013, 07:19 PM
I agree w/ DS! Thanks for protecting the little guy!
Career Officer
# 1422
02-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Posting velosity and viewing velocity has decreased a lot over the last few hours. This could mean than the issue is dying down for people or some are just tired of posting.
It's late, like 4 AM here for starters. People have said what they have to say, unless there's a new development there is little point for those who already posted to keep repeating themselves. But there is no connection between current posting speed and the acceptance level of this issue as you are implying.

Btw, I find the tone of your post rather annoying, just like your previous post annoyed me. Your solution isn't the best I've seen in this thread, far from it, and waving it in my face doesn't make them any better. If hearing that your idea is the best EVAH is why you are here, well, grab a seat cause you're in for a long wait...
Lieutenant
# 1423
02-16-2013, 07:21 PM
I haven't read all 143 pages of this and I do not intend to, but here is my recommendation:

Make Fleet Marks tradable on the exchange.

Why?
1) people that want to grind them out, can
2) people that don't want to grind them out, can instead grind for EDC and buy them
3) by doing this you effectively double/triple the amount of missions that can be used to obtain Fleet Marks (directly and indirectly)
4) people are already selling their fleet marks, this would just make it convenient and let the market determine their value.
Lt. Commander
# 1424
02-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Posting velosity and viewing velocity has decreased a lot over the last few hours. This could mean than the issue is dying down for people or some are just tired of posting.
its 7PM Pacific time, on a Saturday, its more likely folks are doing things, OTHER than being here, or are in the game.
Quote:
Personally I believe that Mr Stahl will implement a compromise ...
That is you. Me, I don't believe he will. his metrics tell him we're fine, so that's what he's going with. Never mind, believing him, is a sketchy subject, in and of itself.
Quote:
Of course they could also be trying the - let the fire burn itself out - approach. Letting this thread run for so long with mostly nonsense which is not constructive and at many times rude - may indicate this approach.
Oh its hardly nonsense and non constructive, there has been numerous good ideas, concepts and very sound arguments for them. Not Nonsense.

The facts, are simple. To many players of this game, "Mr. Stahl" and how he and his company have been treating us as nothing more than "metrics" has begun to wear on people

Oh and by the way, its Velocity.
Ensign
# 1425
02-16-2013, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlordskull73 View Post
That is fine. This is your viewpoint on the matter, and you are entitled to it.

Regardless...as a fellow consumer in a game that I enjoy playing, I will continue to attempt to affect change in a product or service that I spend my free time in...because I want it to be better. It doesn't matter whether that is my job or not. Sitting on my hands and railing against the devs will not solve the issue. Even if voicing my ideas and opinions goes "unheeded", at least I tried...because not trying guarantees zero change. I'd rather take a slim chance than NO chance.
There has been some "railing against the devs", but I have been reading this thread from the beginning, every single post, and I would say quite a LOT of people have come up with constructive ideas and voiced them in a rational and defensible way. I think others are saying it is not our job to mesh our ideas with the devs' ideas (particularly since none of us are certain of their goals anyway). I think at the point where we are approaching 1500 posts, you are far from alone in taking a slim chance that your opinion might be heard. You are far from alone in attempting to affect change and you are not the only rational person here.
Career Officer
# 1426
02-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admgreer View Post
Please keep on topic. Posting sliiy videos or Jokes or off topic subjects will just get thsi thread closed. Please keep posting your concerns and opinions about the IOR nurf and current game bugs.
Lighten up there Admiral...

A bit of levity won't kill the topic at hand, and it usually helps when everybody stops for a moment to take a breath.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 02-16-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Captain
# 1427
02-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Or that it's getting late in the evening on a holiday weekend, and people actually hace things to do other than riot on an internet nerd pen.
Lieutenant
# 1428
02-16-2013, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallrouge View Post
There has been some "railing against the devs", but I have been reading this thread from the beginning, every single post, and I would say quite a LOT of people have come up with constructive ideas and voiced them in a rational and defensible way. I think others are saying it is not our job to mesh our ideas with the devs' ideas (particularly since none of us are certain of their goals anyway). I think at the point where we are approaching 1500 posts, you are far from alone in taking a slim chance that your opinion might be heard. You are far from alone in attempting to affect change and you are not the only rational person here.
I wasn't railing against the devs, I wasn't saying I couldn't come up with ideas, although some have very well thought out plans in this thread. I was merely saying that it isn't and shouldn't be our jobs to do things that people [devs] are actually getting paid to do.
Ensign
# 1429
02-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzarquestion View Post
I wasn't railing against the devs, I wasn't saying I couldn't come up with ideas, although some have very well thought out plans in this thread. I was merely saying that it isn't and shouldn't be our jobs to do things that people [devs] are actually getting paid to do.
My post was not in reference to yours. I agree with you. We don't have access to either the data or the guidance that drives changes such as these in the game and therefore we are ill-equipped to step into the role of compromising with devs as the other post suggested. We can only voice our opinion.
Lieutenant
# 1430
02-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Sorry smallrouge I just assumed. Regardless we need more content prior to 'possibly 3 months from now' (we all know how Cryptic is with release target dates).

Anyway...Power to the People! Keep fighting the Good Fight!
Closed Thread