Career Officer
# 1501
02-17-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
3) Mr Stahl has stated that their goal WAS to make thounsands of dollars per starbase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
3) That's precisely my point. When you prioritize profits over an enjoyable mechanic the end result is a playerbase that's royally pissed off. Which, coincidentally, is exactly what we have right now.
And further to this, all this investment - all these hours sunk in fleets and all this money (Dilithium and Zen) - what has it gotten us?

A developer that keeps its players in the dark, constantly comes up with new ways to suck out the fun and increase the grind and delivers half-finished, bug-ridden insubstantial content whilst closing off sources of in-game revenue and hoping we'll put our hands in our pockets again.

*shakes head* I can't believe I'm writing that about the developer of a Star Trek game - this should be one of the greatest MMOs ever - where did it go so wrong?
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 1502
02-17-2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Every character not in a fleet raises the average, not lowers it. The absolute MINIMUM that average can be is 121.

So unless you're criticizing me for pegging the bottom of average, I'm not seeing what you meant.
How is that even possible?! Are you telling me the game is hard-coded not to let the average number of players in fleets go below 121? If the average becomes 121, we are no longer allowed to leave fleets? An average can't have a minimum value higher then 0, it is mathematically impossible.
Lieutenant
# 1503
02-17-2013, 08:35 AM
Good morning STO! Something I would again point out. Since I refuse to be a constant member of a large fleet I will remain in my small fleet with people I actually want to play the game with. However if I wanted my fleet gear I can just buy my way into Mega Fleet X pick up my gear and 1 finger wave to Dan the whole time. This is one loophole they cannot fix without killing the game. This loophole makes the idea that small fleets shouldn't have access to T5 Star Bases and their corresponding store access moot. Everyone, including Mega Fleet X has stated the Star Base is actually Star Ghost Town. I really hate being cynical, but we as a community need to get passed the elitism ideal of Star Bases. They should take longer for smaller fleets, but not nearing impossible, let alone 3 years.

Anyway...Power to the People! Keep fighting The Good Fight!

Last edited by bizzarquestion; 02-17-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Ensign
# 1504
02-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
And further to this, all this investment - all these hours sunk in fleets and all this money (Dilithium and Zen) - what has it gotten us?

A developer that keeps its players in the dark, constantly comes up with new ways to suck out the fun and increase the grind and delivers half-finished, bug-ridden insubstantial content whilst closing off sources of in-game revenue and hoping we'll put our hands in our pockets again.

*shakes head* I can't believe I'm writing that about the developer of a Star Trek game - this should be one of the greatest MMOs ever - where did it go so wrong?
I think it's time for some new blood as executive producer. We should demand dstahl's resignation and write per and cryptic execs demanding as much.
Career Officer
# 1505
Quote:
...*shakes head* I can't believe I'm writing that about the developer of a Star Trek game - this should be one of the greatest MMOs ever - where did it go so wrong?

That's the big depresser. It should be epic, but it falls far short.

I'mma go listen to The Impossible Dream from Man of La Mancha again. Don Quixote had it right...
Captain
# 1506
Quote:
See, I personally don't mind being kept out of the loop so much if the information we're eventually given is accurate, detailed, and (most importantly) consistent. Unfortunately, Cryptic is usually zero for three on that point when it comes to dealing with upcoming content.
Community Moderator
# 1507
02-17-2013, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
I'm criticizing you for using completely incorrect math on top of already suspect numbers to try and support a notion that fundamentally consigns small fleets to second class status simply by nature of them being small.
I didn't use it to support any notion you assumed I was supporting (because it was the opposite of your position and I posted in the thread.)

You are correct, however, that my math logic was faulty. I blame having only gotten 7 hours of sleep over the past three days due to travelling.

I made my position on these changes clear in the first page of the thread; I see no point in continually reiterating it, that would add no value to the discussion.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Career Officer
# 1508
02-17-2013, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
I didn't use it to support any notion you assumed I was supporting (because it was the opposite of your position and I posted in the thread.)

You are correct, however, that my math logic was faulty. I blame having only gotten 7 hours of sleep over the past three days due to travelling.

I made my position on these changes clear in the first page of the thread; I see no point in continually reiterating it, that would add no value to the discussion.
Actually, if people posted in the first few pages of the thread, they may want to post them again, just because people coming late to the thread are not going to filter through 150+ pages and read every post.

Or maybe just a quick link to the earlier page...
Community Moderator
# 1509
02-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebumble View Post
Or maybe just a quick link to the earlier page...
There is a link to the beginning of this thread on every page of the thread.

Also, a clarification; my post was in the first page of the old thread, not of this one. Sorry for the mis-remembrance. In any event, I've made my position clear to PWE, and that's all that matters; I have no desire to convince any player to agree with me or not, you all can make up your own minds about the patch and what, if anything, should be done to change it. Spamming my opinion over and over would just make it harder for anybody else to have their voice heard.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Ensign
# 1510
02-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebumble View Post
Run off and get me 100 FMs and let me know how long that takes you.

See you in a few hours...
I'm no expert but 100 FM - What's that, a couple of PvE missions? An hour?

Maybe you'd prefer players are given FM simply for logging in.

STO isn't perfect, the missions could be more challenging (but the way they are implemented makes making a challenging mission difficult - eg. you always know where to go next). But imho it is improving and is fun to play if you don't have unrealistic expectations.
Closed Thread