Captain
# 1651
02-17-2013, 10:21 PM
I Honestly doubt they would do ANY of the repairs suggested here-nor will whatever they DO do, work in any way, shape or form to support the Player-side.

It's just not in their nature to do that, regardless of whatever intended result they may have in mind or claim to be pursuing, the simple fact is, Cryptic's lost my confidence in their ability to deliver a good game, one that works, on time, without thn turning on it with the corporate pitchfork.

It's got the attraction and engagement of watching a train-wreck-you can't stop watching no matter HOW you feel about doing so, and I look forward to the next "Fix" with the same anticipation I would feel watching a small child wandering into traffic on a crowded freeway...
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Lieutenant
# 1652
02-17-2013, 10:23 PM
Well the scaling seems not to be a good solution for now cause no matter wich way you look at it, there will be a mean to exploit.
Either with large fleet kicking members, or small fleet not wanting to have more members in so the amount of requirements stay at low.

Now there a simple solution that have been put on the table : reward ALL events with a possibility to either choose the bound reward or the fleet mark. And make so it reward an acceptable amount of it and not some ridiculous bits.
A Disenchanted player
Career Officer
# 1653
02-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucebleo View Post
I agree 98% with this!!

What I don't agree with is that it's not OK......I did NOT know this when my fleet was created waay back in head start before the game launched. This whole Large Fleet favouritism stinks.....I and my fleet mate have been perfectly happy to not join other larger fleets for the WHOLE time leading up to this.........but now we have ACTUALLY discussed leaving our beloved head start fleet.......NO Why the hell should we? FIX THIS.....if you can't create an option for smaller fleets to have the same access to shiney sparkly pixels that the large fleets do.....then quite simply get out of making games.

You COULD introduce fleet ship limitations......like perhaps a daily allowance of fleet ships and mods BASED on the membership numbers of fleets.....per account if you want to be really scroogey.

But no......still as Blebbington said it's odd that the fm nerf happens just after certain 'spesh' fleets hit t5 eh?
Dude! You will have access to the same "shineys", it's just going to take you longer to get there. There is no favoritism towards large Fleets, it's just simple math. More people filling the bucket means the bucket gets filled faster.

I tell you, once these Starbases start hitting Tier 5, a lot of people are gonna find themselves without a bucket, because those Fleets won't need 500 members anymore.

And why is everyone so hot to burn through everything so fast? Every time anything new comes out, people burn through it as fast as they can. Burn through Starbase Advancement. Burn through Reputation Tracks. Once you've done all that, what are you left with? Grinding the same content, except now you have no purpose to it. Why rush through it all?

See my suggestions to revamp playable factions at: FACTION REVAMP: A PROPOSAL TO CRYPTIC STUDIOS
Commander
# 1654
02-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussere View Post
Well the scaling seems not to be a good solution for now cause no matter wich way you look at it, there will be a mean to exploit.
Either with large fleet kicking members, or small fleet not wanting to have more members in so the amount of requirements stay at low.

Now there a simple solution that have been put on the table : reward ALL events with a possibility to either choose the bound reward or the fleet mark. And make so it reward an acceptable amount of it and not some ridiculous bits.
60 fleet marks seems acceptable in that case, with the bonus that you can buy with your fleet credits you get 70 fleet marks for that limited time till you re-up your bonus.
Career Officer
# 1655
02-17-2013, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzarquestion View Post
There has to be a minimum that a fleet can select to prevent said 'exploit' from happening. If you have a fleet of 167 you would not be able to select a maximum fleet size lower than your current fleet size.

Anyway...Power to the People! Keep up The Good Fight!
And you don't think there won't be screaming and protesting and gnashing of teeth over how "unfair" that would be that they can't become a smaller Fleet simply because they want to. And those Fleets that have 100+ members yet only have a dozen active members, they should be penalized with having to always pay higher costs because they can't drop their maximum membership to what is actually active? Best just to leave it alone.

See my suggestions to revamp playable factions at: FACTION REVAMP: A PROPOSAL TO CRYPTIC STUDIOS
Captain
# 1656
02-17-2013, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddmoonrizin View Post
Dude! You will have access to the same "shineys", it's just going to take you longer to get there. There is no favoritism towards large Fleets, it's just simple math. More people filling the bucket means the bucket gets filled faster.

I tell you, once these Starbases start hitting Tier 5, a lot of people are gonna find themselves without a bucket, because those Fleets won't need 500 members anymore.

And why is everyone so hot to burn through everything so fast? Every time anything new comes out, people burn through it as fast as they can. Burn through Starbase Advancement. Burn through Reputation Tracks. Once you've done all that, what are you left with? Grinding the same content, except now you have no purpose to it. Why rush through it all?
Cause people want it now!

I'm okay with things taking a long time, it's just when it takes a long time, and it's not fun. Playing the foundry was fun. The "Fleet" activities never have been.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 1657
02-17-2013, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Yes and you should have killed that officer - there should be no communication while cloaked - just like running silent in a sub hiding below a destroyer.
Sound cannot travel in a vacuum. The submarine comparison does not hold. Yet the Devs continue to mistakenly believe otherwise.
All cloaks should be canon.

Last edited by bloctoad; 02-17-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Career Officer
# 1658
02-17-2013, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussere View Post

I made a similar proposal on page 152 of this thread about rewards and again in its own thread titled Reward Revamp: A Proposal to Cryptic Studios. (Sorry, I'm on my phone and can't manage a link at the moment.) Admittedly it's a bit of a read, but it deals with more than just Fleet Marks.

Captain
# 1659
02-17-2013, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
Surely with this sort of momentum behind this thread (and the others before it) an urgent response from the higher ups is warranted?

We are the customers after all.

EDIT

200th post yay.
We generate the revenue. Don't make us mad.
All cloaks should be canon.
Career Officer
# 1660
02-17-2013, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Cause people want it now!

I'm okay with things taking a long time, it's just when it takes a long time, and it's not fun. Playing the foundry was fun. The "Fleet" activities never have been.
Demand of instant gratification is part of what's wrong here. LOL

I agree that the fun needs to be put back into the game.

Closed Thread