Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 104
# 1721
02-18-2013, 08:14 AM
Just thought that I'd link the Tribble reaction to the changes over there, it pretty much echoes the feelings here.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=549851
HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM


=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,020
# 1722
02-18-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Looks like the cheerleaders over at Massively have weighed in...

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02...undry-foibles/

Completely ignoring the Starbase angle to boot. Not that it's actually a surprise.
That's a shameful post.

Anyone that considers the 'clickies' or the 'grinder' missions that followed them 'exploits' is missing the bigger picture - heck, even Stahl doesn't call them exploits:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Stahl
Concurrently, we also closed a major loophole in Foundry missions in Season 7 which removed Dilithium rewards from what many considered "exploitative" Foundry missions (literally "log in click a button" get a boat of Dilithium).
Instead, he let the community do his dirty work for him.

Cryptic created and deployed the tools, Cryptic set the rewards knowing full well these things were exploitable and now it's turned the community against itself.

I normally enjoy Terilynn's articles but either she really is that naive or she's flying around in shiny new JHAS courtesy of Cryptic because that's some of the most delusional 'reporting' I've ever read from her.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 27
# 1723
02-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giarana View Post
Just thought that I'd link the Tribble reaction to the changes over there, it pretty much echoes the feelings here.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=549851
Ok you know what? Now I am ANGRY. I had never seen that thread before (thanks for the link) but now I realize that pretty much every concern we have been voicing here was already voiced to the powers that be along with plenty of warnings that a forum war would ensue. Yet we still get a post from Dan saying this move "needed to happen" and they went ahead with it, without a THOUGHT to the concerns of the players. Without a PAUSE to weigh alternatives to this ill-considered patch.

Off to revive my characters on SWTOR.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,020
# 1724
02-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallrouge View Post
Ok you know what? Now I am ANGRY. I had never seen that thread before (thanks for the link) but now I realize that pretty much every concern we have been voicing here was already voiced to the powers that be along with plenty of warnings that a forum war would ensue. Yet we still get a post from Dan saying this move "needed to happen" and they went ahead with it, without a THOUGHT to the concerns of the players. Without a PAUSE to weigh alternatives to this ill-considered patch.

Off to revive my characters on SWTOR.
This shouldn't come as a surprise - this is exactly the same as when Season 7 was on Tribble for testing - Cryptic simply don't listen.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,784
# 1725
02-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallrouge View Post
Ok you know what? Now I am ANGRY. I had never seen that thread before (thanks for the link) but now I realize that pretty much every concern we have been voicing here was already voiced to the powers that be along with plenty of warnings that a forum war would ensue. Yet we still get a post from Dan saying this move "needed to happen" and they went ahead with it, without a THOUGHT to the concerns of the players. Without a PAUSE to weigh alternatives to this ill-considered patch.

Off to revive my characters on SWTOR.
This happened with every bug in the game, they release it to tribble, we find and report them, cryptic ignores those reports and they go live.

This has been going on since launch, the only thing with this latest debacle, is that cryptic knew this was going to happen so only released it to tribble one day before it went live, deliberately...

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
The stick Cryptic keep bringing out isn't to discourage you from playing, its to discourage you from playing incorrectly. The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 43
# 1726
02-18-2013, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Looks like the cheerleaders over at Massively have weighed in...

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02...undry-foibles/

Completely ignoring the Starbase angle to boot. Not that it's actually a surprise.
Terilynn is awful at reporting on STO -- she's a complete fangurl and incapable of objectivity. My guess is she's auditioning for Brandon's job should he ever leave. I don't remember sho did the STO column before, but they were a lot better on reporting issues instead of always taking the company line.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 622
# 1727
02-18-2013, 08:39 AM
Fun gameplay?! What is that?
Wipe that smile off your face.
Do you understand?!
A Fleet Emblem?! On your uniform?!
What kind of a gamer are you?


We're not gonna take it anymore, Dan.
All cloaks should be canon.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 238
# 1728
02-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
That's a shameful post.
I'll quote part of the text here:

"Until recently, 50 fleet marks were rewarded to players who undertook the repeatable Investigate Officer Report Foundry mission. Since the reward's implementation several months ago, a few exploit Foundry authors created numerous versions of the AFK exploit. Cryptic faced an outcry from the Foundry authors whose legitimate missions were being shoved aside in the ratings list in favor of those with the easy take. Although Executive Producer Daniel Stahl also referenced rewards data as an additional reason, the team did remove fleet marks as a reward from the mission wrapper and replaced them with a scaling dilithium reward. The wrath has yet to die down."

LOL, so now the propaganda is blaming the Foundry authors after all? Since the data was only an additional reason
Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 358
# 1729
02-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by izdubar2 View Post
Terilynn is awful at reporting on STO -- she's a complete fangurl and incapable of objectivity. My guess is she's auditioning for Brandon's job should he ever leave. I don't remember sho did the STO column before, but they were a lot better on reporting issues instead of always taking the company line.
I've had my running's with Terilynn before and she has little love for forum posters, especially those who "complain" about STO.

I'm sure she likened us to 12 year old or something and it cause a ruckus on here.

Here views are total blinkered and she doesn't upset the apple cart for fear of not getting the free trips to Cryptic or the other things we don't see.

Was expecting her column to say she agrees with the changes so she hasn't let me down...
Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,477
# 1730
02-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4v1t4r View Post
LOL, so now the propaganda is blaming the Foundry authors after all? Since the data was only an additional reason
Well it clearly can never be Cryptic's fault...
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:49 PM.