Lt. Commander
# 1911
02-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskin67 View Post
What? I don't think I've heard of anyone moving over.

Also I play both.
I swapped over to TOR and I honestly had a blast. I like both games... STO has better space combat but less immersible atmosphere.
Lt. Commander
# 1912
02-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
I am so so tempted to steal this for my sig

May I?
I would be honored to be a sig Glad it means that much to you.
Starfleet Veteran
# 1913
02-18-2013, 04:02 PM
I got a partial tax return today. I was very tempted to spend some of it on Zen as my KDF fleet is in dire need of some dilithium, but I cannot do it. I cannot support a game that time and time again goes in the opposite direction that the players want. I'm tired of broken promises, and bone head moves based on "metrics". Make a fun engaging game, and there wouldn't be a need for people exploiting, or not as many would feel the need to do it!

While this was originally just about FM in IOR, it has turned into so much more. It's about not listening to your player base, it's about requiring us to play limited, poorly designed missions repeatedly in order to feel a sense of progress in the game. It's sneaking and not communicating game changes that affect every player. Its about taking something away and not replacing it, and then telling us it'll happen in a few months. This company used to be transparent with updates and what it was working on. While it may have bit them from time to time when they couldn't deliver, it was so much better than the cloak and dagger that we have now. We used to feel like a community who could have actual dialog with the devs about where we are going, what we need to do to get there, and what we think about it along the way. Now we're nothing but numbers on a spreadsheet. Its sickening the change this game has taken in just over a year.
STOP THE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
Lieutenant
# 1914
02-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
Its sad, 189 pages of posts and ignored completely by the Devs... They honestly don't care so lets just give up and go do something else. This is a lost cause.
*Gives a knowing nod*
I know your game, you've had ?5 on this not getting to 200.
*Hands out some sandwiches to keep everyone's sugar levels up.*
Keep it up lads and lasses. Sorry those of you who are veggies, they are BEEF apparently which probably means HORSE I suppose....mis-selling and wrongly labeling things
.....which brings us back on topic I guess.
Lieutenant
# 1915
02-18-2013, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
Here's another easy way to solve the exploit: scale the provisioning project. So a fleet of 25 might have to put only a fraction of the resources in to build up their starbase, but they also only get a fraction of the assets from their provisioning projects. So it doesn't do you any good to kick everyone out of your fleet, build up to T5, then invite everyone back, because you'll be stuck with a starbase that provides only a trickle of provisioned assets.
If you're saying what I think you're saying: you only get some Mk XII items at first and then slowly get the others with the other tiers, then I'd be fine with that. I'm not sure what would be easier from a development standpoint, so that'd be up to Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 1916
02-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskin67 View Post
What? I don't think I've heard of anyone moving over.

Also I play both.
Just because you haven't heard of it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Tree in the forest argument? It happens, I know of one person, who has. That is just one person to 1 game, Me, I'm spending more time in WoW now, and brought a friend over from STO. thats now 3. See?

From what I've seen from my private chat, is more folks aren't in game, they're either using outside chat channels to talk into the game or playing other ones.
Lieutenant
# 1917
02-18-2013, 04:07 PM
tis a shame that this game has come to such disarray but lordagamerob5 is quite correct... the governence of this game is now equal to the Obama administration in the US but on a corporate front. as a startrek fan i can safely say we should unite against this as "we the people" pay for this game.

however when the needs of the ONE "the game company in this case" outweighs the "needs of the many" the gamers who pay either through the store or via subscriptions and we have capitchulate to the will of the state" (in this case perfect world).. it deminishes us all collectavly....

GENE RODDENBERRY if he saw this would turn in his grave.!!! and i dont mean the outcry from the players.. i mean the fact it (no matter what) falls on deaf ears!
Career Officer
# 1918
02-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
I got a partial tax return today. I was very tempted to spend some of it on Zen as my KDF fleet is in dire need of some dilithium, but I cannot do it. *snip*
Why would you, they keep raising the bar anyway. If you could trust on requirements being the same or possibly lowered, it could be usefull. But since they slow us down in other ways if we get too close, the whole point of buying resources gets nullified...
Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
Career Officer
# 1919
02-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindwipecjg View Post
GENE RODDENBERRY if he saw this would turn in his grave.!!! and i dont mean the outcry from the players.. i mean the fact it (no matter what) falls on deaf ears!
I don't think he would turn in his grave.

1) He was cremated

2) He was a business man like any other. Hell, he even wrote lyrics to Star Trek's main theme just so he could cash in on the loyalties. Kind of sounds like something Cryptic/PWE would do.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Career Officer
# 1920 Obama? Seriously?
02-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindwipecjg View Post
tis a shame that this game has come to such disarray but lordagamerob5 is quite correct... the governence of this game is now equal to the Obama administration in the US but on a corporate front. as a startrek fan i can safely say we should unite against this as "we the people" pay for this game.

however when the needs of the ONE "the game company in this case" outweighs the "needs of the many" the gamers who pay either through the store or via subscriptions and we have capitchulate to the will of the state" (in this case perfect world).. it deminishes us all collectavly....

Closed Thread