Career Officer
# 2041
02-19-2013, 05:15 AM
It's amazing, that with all that is going on, Stahl makes a thread asking people to post Harlem Shake videos.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Captain
# 2042
02-19-2013, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
It's amazing, that with all that is going on, Stahl makes a thread asking people to post Harlem Shake videos.
With as large of a disconnect between Stahl and the players as there is, is it really that surprising?
Career Officer
# 2043
02-19-2013, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
If you had it your way, we still wouldn't have any dilithium rewards in STFs.
If I had my way we'd be getting 50 fleet marks every 30 minutes from the foundry, dilithium from PvP and STFs but if the devs haven't responded to this thread after 200 some posts their not going to. I could do without this painful reminder constantly coming up in "today's posts" of the long road to tier 2 for my alt fleet using only commendation reports for fleet marks.
Career Officer
# 2044
02-19-2013, 06:07 AM
Given the scale of discontent that's being expressed here, I do find it staggering that Dan's first post on this forum today was on what should be considered 'canon' in STO??

I appreciate that the feelings expressed in this thread require a careful and considered response, but until such a time as Stahl's ready to address this, surely any engagement with the community on unrelated issues is just furthering the impression that Cryptic don't give a damn?

Whatever Dan's credentials are as an Executive Producer, he's hopeless at PR.

Oh, and in another 67 posts we're the 7th most commented subject in the news section since beta - don't stop now
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
# 2045
02-19-2013, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Oh, and in another 67 posts we're the 7th most commented subject in the news section since beta - don't stop now

And you doubted we'd hit 2000...
Career Officer
# 2046
02-19-2013, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
And you doubted we'd hit 2000...
Did you find my lack of faith disturbing?

Oops! Wrong game

And to entertain my fellow posters, here's an interesting article that sheds light on how a developer can screw up a beloved IP so badly
Captain
# 2047
02-19-2013, 06:34 AM
I've got two questions, though. Honest questions, not meant as trolling or anything, just wondering.

1: Were fleet marks really the choke point in any but the smallest fleets? I've got a bunch of characters, spread across 5 different fleets, and in all of them the projects seem to stall on dilithium (and in some cases doff) contributions. I can't remember the last time I was in time to actually contribute fleet marks...

2: Wouldn't this be a boost to the Klingon queued fleet events? I mean, those seemed pretty dead...

Then again, I tended to agree with FM's being out of place in the IOR wrapper, so what do I know
Career Officer
# 2048
02-19-2013, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claransa View Post
If I had my way we'd be getting 50 fleet marks every 30 minutes from the foundry, dilithium from PvP and STFs but if the devs haven't responded to this thread after 200 some posts their not going to. I could do without this painful reminder constantly coming up in "today's posts" of the long road to tier 2 for my alt fleet using only commendation reports for fleet marks.

Stop being defeatist. It worked for the STF and it will work here if we keep the faith and fight the good fight (big-ups to you Fallout 3 players )

If you don't want to be reminded, don't read thread, and don't post in it. It's that simple.

Post if you are for the change, or post if you are against the change, but we don't need any "close the thread because I want it closed" attitudes here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twam View Post
I've got two questions, though. Honest questions, not meant as trolling or anything, just wondering.

1: Were fleet marks really the choke point in any but the smallest fleets? I've got a bunch of characters, spread across 5 different fleets, and in all of them the projects seem to stall on dilithium (and in some cases doff) contributions. I can't remember the last time I was in time to actually contribute fleet marks...

2: Wouldn't this be a boost to the Klingon queued fleet events? I mean, those seemed pretty dead...

Then again, I tended to agree with FM's being out of place in the IOR wrapper, so what do I know
1) It really depended on the fleet on what their defieciency was. It is funny you bring up being short on dilithium. The devs want players to have more dilithium, yet they keep the refinment cap in place. The thing with the fleet marks was that having it attached to Foundry meant we could do something else beside grind the same content over and over again. Now it's back to the same stale content for the same meager rewards compared to the time investment.

2) The opposite has happened according to KDF players. They have far less of a population than Feds, and were hurting for players for qued events. Now, KDF players have reported they still have a long wait to get into a que, and have reported a sharp rise of AFKers.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS

Last edited by lordagamemnonb5; 02-19-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Career Officer
# 2049
02-19-2013, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
Stop being defeatist. It worked for the STF and it will work here if we keep the faith and fight the good fight (big-ups to you Fallout 3 players )
We're finding that with our 'Disenchanted' campaign - the players we speak to either join us or say Cryptic doesn't give a damn - it's doesn't matter what we do.

Is that really how Cryptic wants its customers to think of it?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2050
02-19-2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twam View Post

I can't speak to your question #2 because my Klingon character has never gotten around to joining a fleet or running fleet events klink-side, but I can speak to your question #1.

For my 6-player fleet (The Anti-Social Fleet of One) the roadblock has never been fleet marks, but has always been dilithium.

Why?

Because we can grit our teeth and do the fleet alert-starbase incursion-colony invasion loop over and over for marks, but no matter what, we will not be able to refine more than 8,000 ore.

We are doing the Tier III SB upgrade project now. Requires 10,000 FM and 640,000 Refined Dilithium. Even if 3 of the 6 fleet guys gave every scrap of their refined daily dilithium to the base, it'd take 50 days to refine that much.

Don't think that I am happy about the removal of the IOR marks without them implementing an increase in FMs in some other way, but I find the refining cap to be a bigger roadblock to progression than the fleet marks.

I just wish the grind for the paltry amount of fleet marks we earn wasn't so horribly dull.
Closed Thread