Career Officer
# 2051
02-19-2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Is that really how Cryptic wants its customers to think of it?
I think some are viewing this as a sort of "litmus test" for Cryptic as to how they will handle this situation. Does Cryptic genuinely care about the player? Will they do something to show we matter? Are their priorities showing that they do want this game to be enjoyable? Do they give a damn?

Considering that since this has started all we've gotten is a preview of new shinnies to do what we've been doing for three years and a post asking for Harlem shake videos, well some of those questions are being answered.

No one is really expecting a quick or even an overnight solution, but the way this is being handled is showing apathy towards the customers.

Why should I continue to spend money on a product that the developer doesn't seem to care much about?

I'm willing to at least see what transpires in May with the "it's so secret we can't give any details or else global security will be threatened" content update, but after that I might leave permanently if that super patch releases in the state most of their patches have released in.

Cryptic, use the tribble server. If it is such a secret then pick random people, have them sign a non-disclosure agreement, and begin testing 1-2 months in advance. We need to avoid the debacles of the past.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS

Last edited by lordagamemnonb5; 02-19-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Commander
# 2052
02-19-2013, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
I think some are viewing this as a sort of "litmus test" for Cryptic as to how they will handle this situation. Does Cryptic genuinely care about the player? Will they do something to show we matter? Are their priorities showing that they do want this game to be enjoyable? Do they give a damn?

Considering that since this has started all we've gotten is a preview of new shinnies to do what we've been doing for three years and a post asking for Harlem shake videos, well some of those questions are being answered.

No one is really expecting a quick or even an overnight solution, but the way this is being handled is showing apathy towards the customers.

Why should I continue to spen money on a product that the developer doesn't care about?

I'm willing to at least see what transpires in May with the "it's so secret we can't give any details or else global security will be threatened" content update, but after that I might leave permanently if that super patch releases in the state most of their patches have released in.

Cryptic, use the tribble server. If it is such a secret then pick random people, have them sign a non-disclosure agreement, and begin testing 1-2 months in advance. We need to avoid the debacles of the past.
Well considering we are constantly being told by Dan and by the CDFers, that these forums only represent a small minority of players and the rest are blissfully enjoying the game (see the metrics", then why are we expecting a response???

I understood what they were saying, but I never bought into the fact that just because a small amount view/post on forums, twitter, facebook etc, that this wasn't what was reflected in game and I always found that sometimes posts did reflect the the mood in game.

So, those that actually do play the game and those that have been on over the weekend, what's Chat saying? Everything Tickety boo?
Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
Starfleet Veteran
OK the introduction of FM's as Foundry rewards was a great move as our fleet had got bored running the same Fleet Events for FM's - especially "Starbase Fleet Defence" which is so bugged as to be unplayable at times.

Now we need vast amounts of FM's for Embassy Tier 2 and Starbase Tier 4 upgrades and Crytic take away the only thing which was keeping us committed to the game and do not add any new Fleet Missions to compensate. As a result our Fleet activity has dropped dramatically because it is just too boring to keep running the same old missions.

Get your act together guys - you will definitely not get the same income from us as there is now no point in selling Zen for Dilithium to complete projects as the bottle neck is Fleet Marks.

We can grind Dilithium at the same rate as we can grind Fleet Marks so Crytic have shot themselves in the foot with this one.
Career Officer
# 2054
02-19-2013, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Greetings!
There has been a lot of talk lately about the changes to the Foundry daily mission...
Maybe you should've listened in Tribble before doing it then.

You cite metrics as the reasoning behind this; well gamers/customers do not play a game due to its metrics. You don't see magazine articles stating:

"Star Trek Online: 9 out of 10 for its metrics!".

That's absurd.

You also state that the f-missions were not meant to be a one-stop shop for rewards.
WHY NOT?

Why shouldn't every mission reward e.c., dilithium, and marks (and there should only be one type of mark)?
Then we'd be free to go do whatever missions we enjoy - i.e. to have fun and not have to grind.

It's clear that no one at PWE even plays this game; playtesters are either zombies; or everyone's a yes man/woman there. Well, here's a real life example of what it is like to play STO since S6:

Your wife/significant other gives you a shopping list of forty-two items.
You go to the first supermarket and all they can sell you is bread.
Then you go to the second supermarket and all they can sell you is milk
then you go to the third supermarket and all they can sell you is butter
then you go to the fourth supermarket and all they can sell you is cheese; but since you needed two types of cheese they make you wait 30 minutes in order to purchase the 2nd one.
then you go to the next supermarket and all they can sell you is jelly
then you go to the next supermarket and all they can sell you is peanut butter, but not the brand you like
then you go to the next supermarket and all they can sell you is eggs, but not the extra large kind
then you go to the next supermarket and all they can sell you is ...

After you've spent two hours you've barely made any progress on your list and it certainly wasn't fun.

After two hours we've barely made any progress on our characters/bases/etc - and none of it has been fun.

You've taken out the fun of STO and replaced it with grinding & metrics.

I am not a metric, I am a free customer.
There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004

Last edited by tjexcimer500; 02-19-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Lieutenant
# 2055
02-19-2013, 07:11 AM
Sadly Cryptic will simply shuffle paper even when they do take action and they will do so again at some point with some sort of tweak somewhere to appease.

They have multiple currencies in place to allow them to bottleneck in different places and that is part of why this is not going away and why this is bigger then just the change to FM's in the last patch. We had the dil bottleneck which is still obviously a problem to some anyway so they know that they are slowing and can slow using that again, wouldn't surprise me to see FM's added on something else and the dil removed or lowered elsewhere to use that bottleneck again even though that problem hasn't gone away anyway for lots of people.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2056
02-19-2013, 07:26 AM
Apologies for the cross links, but I believe it is relevant.

Dstahl as you know, has posted on the forum today asking for "Harlem shake" videos.

I have posted on page 5 of that thread, post #41.

Opinions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes
Career Officer
# 2057
02-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
It was a simple post. It is the middle of the night. Fleets send me videos all the time and this was a harmless request.

The team is working many hours a week and addressing feedback and building our biggest update ever. If you can't have fun, then what is the point?

You'd think that a person would be given a little latitude to ask if there are any fleets that want to send in a funny video to get featured at a company meeting.
How about addressing the feedback that was on tribble before this happened? The feedback now?
Maybe use that latitude to ask us before you did this? Now, if this wasn't going on, I'd rather have enjoyed your post and tried to participate; but seriously with this going on...

"If you can't have fun, then what is the point?" -dastahl
Exactly our point!
There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
Career Officer
# 2058
02-19-2013, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
Apologies for the cross links, but I believe it is relevant.

Dstahl as you know, has posted on the forum today asking for "Harlem shake" videos.

I have posted on page 5 of that thread, post #41.

Opinions?
lol! old news - but yes, ridiculous. 'Fiddling whilst Rome burns' as someone wryly put it
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Survivor of Romulus
# 2059
02-19-2013, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
lol! old news - but yes, ridiculous. 'Fiddling whilst Rome burns' as someone wryly put it
He did make a good point though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl
If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
While it was meant to reflect the devs, it does quite nicely reflect the question many of us have been asking lately. I know I have!
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes
Career Officer
# 2060
02-19-2013, 07:37 AM
I want ot see a response on, among other things, his bunny grinding comment from 2+ years ago (especially in the light of New Romulus).

Is bunny tagging what you consider fun?
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Closed Thread