Captain
# 2161
02-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadnax View Post
Perhaps he's getting tired of repeating himself or being insulted when he does try to give a more fully crafted response.
When a "more fully crafted response" includes details, solutions and a distinct lack of the implication that Cryptic doesn't give a damn about small/medium/KDF fleets, I think it's safe to say that people will be willing to enter into a dialogue.

A five paragraph post on how we're not going to being told anything until a change goes live and we need to trust Cryptic to fix all the ills of this game, while simultaneously telling anyone who isn't in a multi-hundred member fleet to give up on building their starbase on the other hand...
Survivor of Romulus
# 2162
02-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuui13 View Post
given how they've whined about the "exploits" so much as of late? I'm almost willing to risk watching them rage and froth at the mouth. It really couldn't be much worse, besides, in my humble opinion, they'd get what they deserve.

One "author" was whining recently that his tips have gone down drastically. They're not in it for a story at all, they're in it for money, plain and simple greed is all it is. Nothing more, nothing less. And that my dear captain, is why I don't want to have it give rewards. If they were really in it for the story then the loss of tips wouldn't matter, but it does.
That was the one thing I was only semi serious about in that post

While it would be "just deserts" for some of them, have we really become so petty?
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes

Last edited by captainoblivous; 02-19-2013 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Fixed some bad wording
Career Officer
# 2163
02-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadnax View Post
Perhaps he's getting tired of repeating himself or being insulted when he does try to give a more fully crafted response.

I see nothing arrogant or wrong with his post. It's concise and to the point.

Look up his posts in the dev tracker and you'll find some more fleshed out statements.
If he makes a fully crafted response as you call it, why not point out to that *here*, or repost it *here*. Aside from that, it only deals with one of the plethora of issues raised here. Hopefully he's preparing a complete post together with Branflakes at the moment, who could advise him on how to *not* inadvertedly enrage us, again...
Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
Survivor of Remus
# 2164
02-19-2013, 11:52 AM
the PVP community control the game and what about us people who do not like pvp i myself don't like pvp, dont care fore it, to many rules you have to follow to pvp.

here is what the pvp community would like to see from you

1. use only 1 weapon.
2. console slots must be empty.
3. no shields should be installed on your ship.
4. no targeting thwe other player let them blast you to little pieces.
5. oh yeah and make sure you thank the QQ'ing pvp'ers for being thier punching bag.

the above rules of engagement are a completely made up but i'm sure if the pvp community could some how figure out how to get STO to make us follow a set of rules like that, they would.

stop crying pvp'ers play the game it is only a game for goodness sake
Commander
# 2165
02-19-2013, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuui13 View Post
Blame shift. Blaming US even though they created the very thing that created the "exploit"
This is a total non-argument. Every game has loopholes and flaws that only come to light because of players who try to game the system to gain excessive rewards with little to no effort -- which they know is not the intent of the designers or healthy for the game.

This is not "working smarter", it is purposely attempting to find bugs to exploit. No one does this innocently, although some may find a given exploit by accident. Honest players report said exploit so the devs are aware of it and can address it.
Career Officer
# 2166
02-19-2013, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
When a "more fully crafted response" includes details, solutions and a distinct lack of the implication that Cryptic doesn't give a damn about small/medium/KDF fleets, I think it's safe to say that people will be willing to enter into a dialogue.

A five paragraph post on how we're not being told anything and we need to trust Cryptic to fix all the ills of this game, while simultaneously telling anyone who isn't in a multi-hundred member fleet to give up on building their starbase on the other hand...
It's not that they 'don't give a damn' about small fleets; they HAVE openly stated from DAY ONE of the Fleet system that they designed progression around an active 25 player fleet; and did so that if you decided to make and maintain a smaller Fleet, you had an idea of what you're in for.
^^^
They're never stated anything differently with regard to Fleets and Fleet progression, so how much more upfront or honest can they be regarding this particular design decision?
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 2167
02-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Quite disappointed by the tersness and complete lack of info in dstahl's reply.
Its taken 4 days to come up with that?!

Also... it's quite clear that you missed the point. This isn't just about FM. I kinda lost the will to care now anyway...

McCoy: It's a song, you green-blooded... Vulcan. You sing it. The words aren't important. What's important is that you have a good time singing it.
Spock: Oh, I am sorry Doctor. Were we having a good time?
McCoy: God I liked him better before he died.
Career Officer
# 2168
02-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post

Mr. Stahl, I'm sorry to hear your daughter is sick. I mean that. I hope your job allows telecommuting so you can be there now as well as last night.

If this is the case, then I sympathise.

However, it is equally clear that Mr Stahl is in no way fit at the moment to deal with this issue.

Mr Stahl should go home, do all he can for his family and delegate responsibility for fixing the horrendous valentines day massacre patch to someone with the clout to actually make changes

Waiting until thursday for an unspecified fix to unspecified issues is unacceptable.

Not apologising in the slightest for the terrible way this has been handled is also unacceptable.
Lt. Commander
# 2169
02-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
As I stated 100s of threads before, additional Fleet Marks are coming.

Will Fleet Marks be added back to Foundry missions? Nope.

Will Fleet Marks be increased on other missions? Yes.

How soon?

As I hinted at last week, you will see changes over the next several month, but the first change will be this Thursday.

We are not detailing that change until the patch notes hit.
This is your answer?

Do you think that your customers want to hear that we may have to wait SEVERAL months?

A HINT? Come on mate, most of your player base are adults, which in itself makes this very different from many other MMOs! We're not children. Don't give us hints, give us answers.

And how about all the other ISSUES that have been raised here, will you drop us any HINTS about when we can reasonably expect some CHANGE around here.

We are not metrics that you can read and "interpret" in such a way as to fit your business model.

We are actually most genuinely unhappy, this thread and its responses aren't coming from data-mining software, it's coming from living breathing PAYING customers.

Now for this ==>
Quote:
As I hinted at last week, you will see changes over the next several month, but the first change will be this Thursday.
Then after this thread has clearly shown that being kept in the dark is a huge issue on its own you post this...

Quote:
We are not detailing that change until the patch notes hit.
Really I don't have the words, or to be honest the will to give any kind of response to this.

But I'll ask this for the heck of it... Will this CHANGE be THOROUGHLY DEBUGGED and PLAYTESTED on the Tribble TEST SERVER, before releasing it for our use? Which I hope will mean Tribble patch notes, so that we can decide whether or not to patch and play?

(Just a little point, that refers to the whole time gating issue, Ok so it takes 20 yrs or more to build a starbase, but then again it also takes 25+ yrs to make Vice Admiral... [ensign to VA50 ~ 3-4 weeks in game])
HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2170
02-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
It's not that they 'don't give a damn' about small fleets; they HAVE openly stated from DAY ONE of the Fleet system that they designed progression around an active 25 player fleet; and did so that if you decided to make and maintain a smaller Fleet, you had an idea of what you're in for.
25 people. But people are not all equal as I'm sure you know already. Not all of us are the "UBERMEGAomfgWTF no life grinder" that their metric would seem to call for.

Quote:
They're never stated anything differently with regard to Fleets and Fleet progression, so how much more upfront or honest can they be regarding this particular design decision?
Well, hows about stating how the assess their metrics? How's about detailing how much play they expect those 25 "average joes" in their generic fleet to play in order to make a t5 base?

They could also cut out most of the "truuuuust meeee" stuff and tell us what is happening?
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes
Closed Thread