Survivor of Romulus
# 2491
02-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Read what you wrote:

Therefore: painful, not excruciating.
I assume that you assume that all players are made equal and that they all have equal ability and equal time to invest into the game?

page 250 btw. Post #2500 is on it's way I think.

As soon as I say that, it goes dead. Sods law! xD
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}

Last edited by captainoblivous; 02-20-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Ending.
Lt. Commander
# 2492
02-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
So you are quick to pass judgement but won't even read one post. And we are supposed to give a darn about whatever you have to say if you can't even be bothered to read one simple post?

And exactly how good do we have it here? I wasn't aware forking over money for new shinnies with no new content to use them on and the same bugs that have been around for years constitutes a good arangement.
i read it. i got to like page 100 and got sleepy. it'll be my one year anniversary on the game as a free-to-play player. instead of contributing to a thread that should've been locked many many pages ago, i'll probably make a video review about my opinion of the game since i started playing 12 months ago. here's a preview: the biggest detriment to the game is not cryptic. it's the community.
twitter - tehjonel
Career Officer
# 2493
02-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Read what you wrote:
Now tell me what in that statement is correct.
Okay let me re-phrase

This thread is no longer about Fleet Marks but the underlying reasons for the issues.

Is that more accurate?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2494
02-20-2013, 01:11 PM
It's not the give or even the take (though obviously more the latter than the former), it's the give THEN take.

Yep, IF the update to Tribble makes it in the same form to Holodeck, who's to say how long Marks will be there before being nerfed, or whether costs in the SB system get increased to "balance" things? And, there will be even MORE incentive for the AFKers to exploit Fleet Events...

I mean, honestly, thanks for the gesture (if it happens outside of the test server); it at least shows some concession and that the players are being heard(-ish);this might even give small fleets a bit more of a chance (and yes, we DO know 10 players take longer than 100 to do anything - that's academic and is NOT the issue...). But, this seems a little like overcompensation, which will come with its own consequences down the line, if track record serves.

Again, though, the heart is being missed: Fleet Marks are and were a side-effect and a more insignificant part of all of this. The issues of trust; having faith in the places we put our money; worry that any "fix" is temporary; wondering what will get cut/changed/etc. next and how soon; the concern regarding small fleets having to go "Collective" or disappear entirely, rather than remaining family-/friend-based and individual; the list goes on; these are at the heart of the matter, and are, once again, being sidestepped.

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Career Officer
# 2495
02-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehjonel View Post
i read it. i got to like page 100 and got sleepy. it'll be my one year anniversary on the game as a free-to-play player. instead of contributing to a thread that should've been locked many many pages ago, i'll probably make a video review about my opinion of the game since i started playing 12 months ago. here's a preview: the biggest detriment to the game is not cryptic. it's the community.
Lol must be a troll.

I look forward to your video
Survivor of Romulus
# 2496
02-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Lol must be a troll.

I look forward to your video
What did I say?
Career Officer
# 2497
02-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
i read it. i got to like page 100.
Than you didn't read post 2311.

Quote:
the biggest detriment to the game is not cryptic. it's the community.
Yup, it is the communities fault that bugs go unfixed, that no new content is added, that braindead after braindead development decisions are made. Great logic there!

Although I will agree that people paying money for mediocrity is the reason this has gone on for as long as it has, so in that case it is partly the community's fault that STO is in this state.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Career Officer
# 2498
02-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clannmac View Post
It's not the give or even the take (though obviously more the latter than the former), it's the give THEN take.

Yep, IF the update to Tribble makes it in the same form to Holodeck, who's to say how long Marks will be there before being nerfed, or whether costs in the SB system get increased to "balance" things? And, there will be even MORE incentive for the AFKers to exploit Fleet Events...

I mean, honestly, thanks for the gesture (if it happens outside of the test server); it at least shows some concession and that the players are being heard(-ish);this might even give small fleets a bit more of a chance (and yes, we DO know 10 players take longer than 100 to do anything - that's academic and is NOT the issue...). But, this seems a little like overcompensation, which will come with its own consequences down the line, if track record serves.

Again, though, the heart is being missed: Fleet Marks are and were a side-effect and a more insignificant part of all of this. The issues of trust; having faith in the places we put our money; worry that any "fix" is temporary; wondering what will get cut/changed/etc. next and how soon; the concern regarding small fleets having to go "Collective" or disappear entirely, rather than remaining family-/friend-based and individual; the list goes on; these are at the heart of the matter, and are, once again, being sidestepped.
Indeed lets not forget the issues with FM's in the foundry stem from the removal of Clickies and Season 7 input costs which in return forced Cryptic to shore up the dam with a new IOR wrapper.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2499
02-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
Than you didn't read post 2311.

Yup, it is the communities fault that bugs go unfixed, that no new content is added, that braindead after braindead development decisions are made. Great logic there!

Although I will agree that people paying money for mediocrity is the reason this has gone on for as long as it has, so in that case it is partly the community's fault that STO is in this state.
*cough* feeding *cough*
Career Officer
# 2500
02-20-2013, 01:15 PM
So for the 2500 post I'd like to talk about Stahl's statement that Small Fleets should go whistle...

I find the policy they have about small groups to be a total anathema to MMORPG gaming.

MMORPG's are about communities in game of players who are friends who work together.

Most if not all of us who are actually interested in the social aspect of MMO's don't want to be in a Mega fleet where we are a faceless unit amongst hundreds.

So much of enjoyment in any MMO and especially one as unbalanced and over grindy as this is the fun you can have with a group of friends playing teamwork based missions. This is why small fleets, communities of friends are so integral to keeping the game enjoyable especially when we have so many other issues. The discrimination against small fleets is actually a terrible idea if anything they should be promoting smaller fleets with tighter-knit friendly communities.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 02-20-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Closed Thread