Career Officer
# 2511
02-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
It is kind of hilarious that we are accused of exploiting something the DEVs themselves put in the game. I mean really. You have conditioned us to be grinders and farmers. What exactly did you think was going to happen?

I'm still shaking my head about this.
Like I said it was actually players fixing the imbalance in marks supply in the game. This wasn't about a few players making a Billion EC or 20,000 FM's in an hour by exploiting a loop-hole it was about players making a few extra FM's to try to get close to re-balancing a broken system.

Okay so guys I would like anyone that has constructive input about the state of the game to PM me I want to get the ball rolling on having a proper round-table discussion about the issues we all share common cause with , email address (though just realized don't need to as the forum has a BCC function) so we can discuss where to go from here would be cool (pls PM them don't put them in here it's bad mojo )

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 02-20-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2512
02-20-2013, 01:42 PM
YAY!

We can all relax and stop moaning.

Read the tribble patch notes

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=560651
Starfleet Veteran
# 2513
02-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
I have forgotten nothing. I was never concerned with how long fleet holding progression takes. They can design their systems however they will. We have a choice as to whether or not to partake in those systems' gameplay.

If they want fleet holding progression to ignore small fleets, then so be it. The small fleet has three choices:

1 - Grow their fleet with enough active members to more efficiently manage the amount of fleet marks and dilithium needed to progress.

2 - Play it as it is and keep complaining about how hard it is to progress because the Fleet Mark payouts are not good enough.

3 - Don't play it at all.
Just to point something out to you here, but when the fleet system came in it was quite clearly stated on the forums by Pakled World that small fleets would NOT be punished or penalized for being small.

THIS however was far from the truth, small fleets were very rapidly driven to financial ruin and had to either disband or merge with other fleets. Tell me how that is not punishing or penalizing?

Why should small fleets who were happy being small fleets, with a good collective of members have to follow one of your 3 RIDICULOUS suggestions just because Pakled World want's to cripple them after stating publicly and clearly they would be fine?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
YAY!

I see nowhere in the notes that it says Pakled World will leave STO to people who actually give a damn and let the game develop in a far better fashion then the usual Pakled World crapfest it's other games already are...

Last edited by wolfpacknz; 02-20-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2514
02-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
YAY!

Already been posted in here 3 or 4 times before. That and you seem to miss the point that this isn't just about FM and hasn't been for quite a few pages

See post #2311 for a good summary.
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, Sultan of Stun, Captain of the Obvious and the Oblivious.
Dies a wee bit each time he sees a dino.
Ensign
# 2515
02-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
YAY!

Funny I don't see anything in there about less grind and more fun in the game..

Another person who obviously hasn't read the majority of posts in this thread. The issue regarding Fleet Marks was merely a symptom, not the core issue so I see no point in relaxing about this, we are annoyed and rightly so. As sad as it is the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so if we don't 'moan' about it nothing will ever change.
Career Officer
# 2516
02-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpacknz View Post
Just to point something out to you here, but when the fleet system came in it was quite clearly stated on the forums by Pakled World that small fleets would NOT be punished or penalized for being small.

THIS however was far from the truth, small fleets were very rapidly driven to financial ruin and had to either disband or merge with other fleets. Tell me how that is not punishing or penalizing?

Why should small fleets who were happy being small fleets, with a good collective of members have to follow one of your 3 RIDICULOUS suggestions just because Pakled World want's to cripple them after stating publicly and clearly they would be fine?????

I see nowhere in the notes that it says Pakled World will leave STO to people who actually give a damn and let the game develop in a far better fashion then the usual Pakled World crapfest it's other games already are...
Not only that but it's counter intuitive what people actually want from a fleet is a communal social space and access to fleet items. I think if you ask most players they would say they are in mega fleets because it's the only viable choice but that they would far prefer to be in a smaller fleet where their input means something and they can group together with their friends.

Human beings in general prefer to be in tight knit friendly groups especially in MMO's where a lot of enjoyment is derived from playing with people you like.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 02-20-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Commander
# 2517
02-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Tribble patchnotes:

General:

1 "Vanity" typo fix
1 Vanity bug fix
1 Actual bug fix

Fleet Marks:

Grind my little monkeys.... Grind!(arseload of extra Fleet Marks to "compensate" but still no added Rommy Marks to the Romulan events or repeatable missions, figures)

Why in the F--K was this something that couldn't be stated TUESDAY? What secret was so secret you had to keep your trap shut till the Tribble notes Stahl?

I AM TIRED OF ALL THIS, "OOOHHH HAVE WE GOT SOMETHING FOR YOU, BUT SHHHHH YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW YET." FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP HIDING WHAT YOU'RE DOING! IT'S WORST THAN PISSING ON US AN CALLING IT RAIN!
Lt. Commander
# 2518 Improving small fleet growth
02-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Thanks to the heat that this thread has produced, I see that a number of people have posted some real constructive ideas.

For those of you that have ideas that may help smaller fleets progress, or I guess just ideas to help the fleet system in general, try this thread ==> Discuss: Alternatives to improve Small Fleet Progression
HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Career Officer
# 2519
02-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giarana View Post
Thanks to the heat that this thread has produced, I see that a number of people have posted some real constructive ideas.

For those of you that have ideas that may help smaller fleets progress, or I guess just ideas to help the fleet system in general, try this thread ==> Discuss: Alternatives to improve Small Fleet Progression
I looking to start a more general discussion about the state of the game but this looks like an excellent thread to start discussing small fleet issues.

As I said before those interested in taking the common cause beyond this thread PM me to get the ball rolling.

btw, nice result against Bristol City :p, I saw a bunch peeps on my way home from work last night getting on the train to see the match.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 02-20-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2520
02-20-2013, 02:10 PM
ok might of missed it but ive seen posts by the players saying fix to AFK faarmers must be coming next patch has there been a comment by the devs about this problem and the other players have commented on in this thread?

fleet marks was the tiping point of a long list of problems i and i hope others will keep up the fight to see them fixed!
with a heavy heart i quit on the 27/4/2014 because there dont fix things and are stealing my rep powers that ive worked hard for game uninstalled
Closed Thread