Survivor of Romulus
# 2631
02-20-2013, 09:11 PM
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2632
02-20-2013, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
...Your words of learning, on the other hand doesn't mean much, when you have made similar mistakes in the past, with the same "we will learn" mentality afterwards. Remember the whole Season 7 Dilithium rage?...
Yes - everytime we shut down exploitative behavior in the game, the people that were exploiting it get really mad, and the people caught in the middle get annoyed.

We are working on the "people caught in the middle" part. There is nothing we can do about exploiters being mad other than continue to do our best to prevent exploits.
Lt. Commander
# 2633
02-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
/agreed so long as the people earning the optional rewards are those who are involved in the optional objective completion. This is very much in line with some of the concepts we are working on for STFs and Events.
while I have no idea what you intend to do about AFK'ers in the matches, I do hope that its got some safety nets. Vote to kick can be exploited, badly. I will await the arrival to comment. I'm just hoping its more of a activity level to gain an award.
Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
Quote:
If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
Captain
# 2634
02-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrona View Post
Who wants a hug?
HUGS FOR EVERYONE!

Quote:
Yes - everytime we shut down exploitative behavior in the game, the people that were exploiting it get really mad, and the people caught in the middle get annoyed.

We are working on the "people caught in the middle" part. There is nothing we can do about exploiters being mad other than continue to do our best to prevent exploits.
I just wish there had been a way to fix the exploiters without sacrificing IOR.

Ah well, at least getting dilithium isn't hard anymore.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Republic Veteran
# 2635
02-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Fiiiine hugs, keep your hands where I can see them.

If only turning AFKers into tribbles for 24 hours was possible

Republic Veteran
# 2636
02-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Looks like we are all happy about this change. Hugs for everyone! Free beer and pizza for the crowd!
# 2637
02-20-2013, 09:20 PM
I think very little has gone wrong in the past week, and the people freaking out over the Fleet Mark removal (who are not exploiters), are people who don't have an interest in several of the more gaping problems that remain in Star Trek Online, including PVP and Foundry limitations.

Fleet Marks are minor deals in comparison to these features, and I hope the Cryptic team doesn't get too self-conscious due to the large amount of whining we see here in the forums.
I am a Cheestah.
Check out my Foundry missions
Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
Captain
# 2638
02-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Quote:

You did kinda open the door for "exploitative behavior" in the first place. It's not fair to punish players who use systems that you guys added, despite feedback saying "You know, this might be exploited..."

And rather than dealing with the exploiters, you issue a "blanket punishment" to all players, regardless of if they use the system normally, or as you say it "exploitively".

Regarding the Season 7 Dilithium rage, you must've known beforehand the kinda rage it would generate from ALL players, when you led us all to believe that Dilithium would remain in STFs, then suddenly an unannounced, yanked it from the STFs without so much as a heads-up. Naturally, people will end up being pissed off.
Captain
# 2639
02-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehavraha View Post
I think very little has gone wrong in the past week, and the people freaking out over the Fleet Mark removal (who are not exploiters), are people who don't have an interest in several of the more gaping problems that remain in Star Trek Online, including PVP and Foundry limitations.

Fleet Marks are minor deals in comparison to these features, and I hope the Cryptic team doesn't get too self-conscious due to the large amount of whining we see here in the forums.
Except that Fleet Marks had an entire season dedicated to them. I wouldn't exactly call that little... but what do I know?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 2640
02-20-2013, 09:29 PM
My biggest concern is with the tribble to holodeck conversion. Many people on the forums have accused tribble of just being a glorified publicity server, and there are recorded instances of people posting here about bugs on tribble that then make it to holodeck. That shouldn't happen.
Closed Thread