Career Officer
# 2641
02-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehavraha View Post
I think very little has gone wrong in the past week, and the people freaking out over the Fleet Mark removal (who are not exploiters), are people who don't have an interest in several of the more gaping problems that remain in Star Trek Online, including PVP and Foundry limitations.

Fleet Marks are minor deals in comparison to these features, and I hope the Cryptic team doesn't get too self-conscious due to the large amount of whining we see here in the forums.
I have two reason for this post first one to the person above if you had taken the time to read the forum you would have seen this was more than just about fleet marks being removed it also was about the many bugs that have been in game since beta that have not been fixed or patches that are posted live with out bug being checked for or being ignored so to label everyone in this forum as possible exploiters or whines is in correct and this is all I have to say about this issue.

Number two I would like to thank Dan for his post on this matter and the action taken to resolve some of the issues presented here. It takes a big man to come on and say they are sorry with everything that has happen. I have kinda of become disheartened at the game I have been play off and on since beta and I can agree over the last year or so the game has went through a lot of changes both good and bad. I hope from here we can take further steps in a more positive direction and as both the devs and the community can come together to work and make this game great I understand it will take awhile to work on the bugs here I believe as long as we are at least seeing progress this is a show of good faith. Again I want to say thank you for coming forward and let us try to move forward together for the betterment of the game as a whole. P.S. One minor issue a little less grind I understand mmo do have grind in them but a little less would be nice just a thought. Thank you for l reading this.

Last edited by ramarblackhand; 02-20-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Career Officer
# 2642
02-20-2013, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehavraha View Post
I think very little has gone wrong in the past week, and the people freaking out over the Fleet Mark removal (who are not exploiters), are people who don't have an interest in several of the more gaping problems that remain in Star Trek Online, including PVP and Foundry limitations.

Fleet Marks are minor deals in comparison to these features, and I hope the Cryptic team doesn't get too self-conscious due to the large amount of whining we see here in the forums.
Sorry wrong Quote used this is the Quote above I was referring to.
Career Officer
# 2643
02-20-2013, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Yes - everytime we shut down exploitative behavior in the game, the people that were exploiting it get really mad, and the people caught in the middle get annoyed.

We are working on the "people caught in the middle" part. There is nothing we can do about exploiters being mad other than continue to do our best to prevent exploits.
The way I see it the game is better without exploits and I was glad to see the foundry changed to give out fair rewards based on average gameplay time, like I suggested on the forums over a year ago. At the same time, I had no compunction about getting the easy dilithium and energy credits while they were available.
Career Officer
# 2644
02-20-2013, 09:58 PM
Quote:
An apology is due, and while I've admitted fault in previous posts about this , I'll do so again in this one.

<snip>

And now... back to work.
Thank you, Dan. I'm sure that if the principles you mentioned are taken to heart, it'll go a long way with the community. Tomorrow's patch is definitely a step in the right direction.

I understand the dev team is very passionate about the game, and this thread demonstrates that the players are very much interested in the fun, success, and longevity of the game as well.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Rihannsu
# 2645
02-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Yes - everytime we shut down exploitative behavior in the game, the people that were exploiting it get really mad, and the people caught in the middle get annoyed.
Ah, yes ... "exploitable".

I am sitting on 300k Dilithium, cannot use it for anything really (not selling it) so if are after the old excuse of Dilithium you are not getting anything from me because I long stop caring, in fact I stop caring the moment I opened my wallet.

But it was not to buy Zen to trade to Dilithium ... not that it matters anymore

What I seen was a return to Pre-Season 7 Fleet Marks generation but with a even WORST queue system, the exploit not only was allowed to go around for months but also became the main line of Fleet Marks generations and why was that?

I could understand 2 weeks or even a month because clearly it was the superior method since about everything else have 1 hour cooldowns and invisible queues leading me use it.

Of course it was too good, not because it was too good but because the entire Fleet System is a complete and utter mess requiring millions of everything so we can pay again.

I suppose 200k Dilithium for Provisions is not enough as I have to pay even MORE Dilithium for them .... funny how THAT works and lets not about the rest, like the Fleet Tailor.

Quote:
We are working on the "people caught in the middle" part. There is nothing we can do about exploiters being mad other than continue to do our best to prevent exploits.
Right ....
Career Officer
# 2646
02-20-2013, 10:14 PM
All I can do now is hope the apology has cooled enough heads to make the rest of this discussion go with some semblance of civility. After all, the fleet marks were simply a single straw, but clearly it was the one that finally broke the camel's back and has sent a long pent-up torrent of dissatisfaction with the state of this game's QA process, among many other (red, Klingon-shaped) things, spilling into the streets.

We want the same thing you do, after all - we want this game to be long-lived and prosperous. Help us help you help us.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2647
02-20-2013, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Help us help you help us.
My recommended step one: Turn Tribble into an actual test server for patches and quit using it as the bug preview server for patches.

If the lead time between when a patch moves from Tribble to Holodeck is only going to be 48 hours (or less) then you really have to be willing to listen to the feedback and not be afraid to hold off pushing to live if you get a lot of negative (but constructive) pushback from the players.
Rihannsu
# 2648
02-20-2013, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
All I can do now is hope the apology has cooled enough heads to make the rest of this discussion go with some semblance of civility.
Problem is I seen no apology, I see the usual double-talk, "my words of wisdom to the masses" and "my way or the highway!

Are there exploits? Oh yes but this is simply a appeasement like right after Season-7 were IOR got the "exploit" and we had a massive reduction on costs of what in Tribble pre-release, this is bound to happen again in a vicious cycle.

Also I dont want a apology but I still call what I see and I seen plently of bad decisions and I would not be surprised in 2014 if the Fleet System gets a major rework because its dead.
Captain
# 2649
02-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiksaga View Post
You know I have been here since open beta, and I can tell you the amount of extreme nerfs to missions and rewards in game have steadily increased over the years.

Especially after dilithium became a in game currency, the nerfs and limits on so many parts of the game went into effect month after month for a while there.

Not only that the bugs keep piling up as though it means nothing to the devs yet they continue to ignore the outcry from this last terrible nerf.

The irony is I shouldn't care one way or another but I do for all the reasons that I have seen this game slow fall into this terrible restrictive grind.

Seeing as I just joined a fleet finally four days before this patch went out, I was finally trying to get a grip on the tier 3 starbase(fleet)/embasy I was in with two of my characters and how things works.

As I was already drained on doing my omega/romulan rep, I realized that I had just added a far more draining grind on top of what I had been working in my character up to that point.

While the foundry mission to get FM was mention I never even got a chance to even give it a whirl. Never releasing how easy I could of gotten some FM's for my fleet or my characters, but even cryptic can see I never even ran one foundry mission had not in ages because I was already at the point that what I was doing wasn't fun anymore.

I would just log on just to do what felt like a job to keep my characters going from day to day but not to actually have any enjoyment out of it.

Yet even though I never used it personally, I already knew from trying to get get FM on the few times i tried before the valentine day patch that it was a royal pain, and one I was most hesitant to put a lot of time in but as I keep looking I realized just how hard it was to get fleet marks.

But you know after the changes over the years I have to say its clear that the devs be it their choice or the demands higher up in PWE, I can not continue to support nor give time to STO anymore as it stands.

I love star trek, I would hate to see this game die, but you know even if the game dies there will always be another star trek game, be it 10 or 20 years from now.

But you know like a lot things that are wrong in this world today, it would be corporations not listening to the actual customers that keep them in business, sadly they are more worried about short term profits then long term stable flowing profits.

That I feel is a major problem in many industries today most have forgotten to look or care long term, especially in the gaming industry.
Don't worry Star Trek Excailibur is in the works, Think of it was Bridge Commander 2. Being created by modders and my devs of BC
Empire Veteran
# 2650
02-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
My recommended step one: Turn Tribble into an actual test server for patches and quit using it as the bug preview server for patches.

If the lead time between when a patch moves from Tribble to Holodeck is only going to be 48 hours (or less) then you really have to be willing to listen to the feedback and not be afraid to hold off pushing to live if you get a lot of negative (but constructive) pushback from the players.
You do realize that means that means they'll need better QA, right?
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Closed Thread