Career Officer
# 311
02-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panicswitched View Post
Get more members or just accept that you will progress slower. I am in a 250+ member fleet we have about 30 people active at a time. We LIKE that it takes us a day or 2 or a bit longer to get projects going. We are working towards something.

This would be an example of the 'I'm alright, Jack' attitude. This change doesn't disadvantage you that much, so why care about how it effects others.

Gosh, a whole day or two.

My relatively small fleet would gang together and be able to do that a while back.

Now we're looking at weeks, if not months.

This is non-trivial.

Have some empathy.
Empire Veteran
# 312
02-14-2013, 11:52 PM
Frankly I do not care about this changes...
The idea of a fleet base and the reputation system are good, but the implementation is bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Fact Check:

1. Fleets under 25 are going to have a hard time completing projects = by design.
is horrible...

Grinding fleet mark, omega mark, romulan mark, dilithium, duty officers... involves much work and is deathly repetitive. Moreover for fleets under 25 this is not hard, is frustrating, strenuous and boring. After several months the only effect it had on my old and current fleet is not inviting us to merge with other fleets but leaving the game. I lost several players in my previous fleet, all the time and resources we used to develop a tier 2 federal base and a tier 2 klingon base and after merging with a new one we are having the same problem... so I am not planning to merge again with a new fleet and loosing all the work, time and resources we used to develop ours tier 3 federal base and the klingon one, I simply have reduced the time I spend on STO, planning to stop paying a subscription and thinking about turn on my playstation again instead spending time on a boring work. My fleet's members currently are spending about the 30% of the time we spent 2-3 months ago.

I'd like a funny game, if I have to develop a base, I should do it having fun, it could keep on fo a long time but not iterating the same contents for months and even years.
Career Officer
# 313
02-14-2013, 11:54 PM
Have you looked into how much dilithium is farmed and not put into fleet holdings? How many people are active in a fleet and the % they contribute?
Captain
# 314
02-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Well...I know what I"m NOT doing now-finishing the foundry project I've been working on for weeks (between going to work and living in the real world), because even if I edited it to fit in the 15 min timeframe that would actually GET viewer/players, they have no reason to give it a try-out now, even IF it got through the initial play/comment zone AND was good enough for a spot as a featured mission.

Regardless of the quality, this is what will be.

As a player on the other end of things...time pressure determines a lot of choices in this game-that's Your choice, Cryptic-you chose time-gating as your mechanism, and if the content you were producing were "Engaging", it would probably work...

problem here, is that very, very, little of what's come after S5 is engaging-that's on Cryptic Studios, and I understand how much you folk love your Neverwinter-but people playing STO aren't playing it as a substitute for a Dungeons-and-dragons ripoff.

We're here to play STAR TREK, see? not that game you have in the ad-banner at the top of the page. STAR TREK.

y'know, the game you people only invest enough time into to pull **** like this and the non-content of Season 7 (at release).

You know, ALL the things that are BEGGING to be fixed here, the lack of PvP development, the lack of KDF development, the storyline inconsistencies that make the entire Tau Dewa sector missions a joke, the broken missions, the broken abilities, the untested procs, the untested Doffs, the untested passives, the persistent issues of game balance, STF's that short players if they have to respawn and the boss goes down (Khitomer Accord, Ground, Elite)...

all of that, and you folks chose to focus on the one thing that was WORKING for the player-base??

What, do you guys play Paranoia(c) steve jackson games and want to BE the Computer while seeing us out here in player-land as Troubleshooters?

Have you mistaken Futility and Boredom for Engagement and Fun??

'cause that's what it looks like you're doing from here.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Lieutenant
# 315
02-14-2013, 11:57 PM
The ONLY reason people are farming the crap out of Dilithium (hence your numbers) is because the Zen/Dil rate is so insanely low, people are hoarding Zen as much as possible while its still around ~1:92 ish.

If it was back up to where it was, ~1:300 or thereabouts, you would quickly find that more people would donate Dil, because it wouldnt be worth so much in this economy...!
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91869635000&dateline=  1343363475
Ninth Fleet - 13 years and still going strong...
Commander
# 316
02-15-2013, 12:09 AM
I also have closed my monthly subscription until this issues is rectified.
Starfleet Veteran
# 317
02-15-2013, 12:10 AM
In addition to my previous reply to CRYPTIC:
Just did a foundry mission, one that I've done before and I earned LESS dilithium! Over 300 less. So not only have you removed fleet marks; you've now decreased the amount of dilithium for the same mission I've done before.

As a good paying customer(57) I will say this again:
Not one more dime until you undo this bad decision(58).

You state DATA as the "reason" this was done(60) - well DATA didn't understand human emotions(75). Maybe you should base your decisions upon user input rather than a bean counter with his/her head up their aft torpedo bay.

Instead of punishing those large fleets for making it to Tier 5 already and completely obliterating all chances for small fleets to ever get there this decade; how about instead making more content that people will buy? Another company used DATA often for there really poor decision makings and completely ignored their customers... ATARI(25)

In the end, we are your customers, we pay your salaries (33, 89).

57. Good customers are as rare as latinum; treasure them.
58. There is no substitute for success.
60. Keep your lies consistent.
75. Home is where the heart is...but the stars are made of latinum.
25. You can't make a deal if you're dead.
33. It never hurts to suck up to the boss.
89. Ask not what your profits can do for you, but what you can do for your profits.
There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
Starfleet Veteran
# 318
02-15-2013, 12:15 AM
Im glad they removed it, it was to much fun and i played the foundry the whole day, now i play cod black ops 2.

2. We will be adding more Fleet Marks, just not on Foundry missions. We will be making several changes up until the May update in order to bring Fleet Mark earning back in line: including reclassifying the difference between Events and Fleet Actions, Adjusting (increasing/decreasing) Fleet Marks with a focus on giving more Fleet Marks in Fleet Based Events, Possibly merging Fleets, Possibly offering other incentives for Small Fleets.

Great why don't you think next time and make the changes 1st, then remove the old way.
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Commander
# 319
02-15-2013, 12:19 AM
fleetmarks pfft.. they should only be given when a player plays with at least one fleet mate. because of this, the amount of marks given should be increased slightly and the required amount reduced a bit. also reduce the dilithium requirements and everything will be fine as most players

a. dont want to spend their dilithium or
b. cannot spend their dilithium because they are doing reputation stuff or
c. both

i am both. i am also a casual player (before all those money-bringing-content came online, i was someone who played like 5 hours a day but now.. maybe 30 minutes to one hour maximum). its too boring to play the same content over and over again so i do not play so much = i do not earn so much and as my personal needs are more important (ship weapons, MACO/Omega stuff) than the needs of my fleet (some graphic change on the starbase), i wont spend anything for the next several month (until i [again] grinded the best stuff that is out there.. oh, wait, season 8 comes and i will start over again..)

i havent been visiting my fleets starbase for at least 1-2 months. there is no advantage of being there (except that fleet store room).
What ? Calaway.

Last edited by tebsu; 02-15-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Ensign
# 320
02-15-2013, 12:20 AM
Ok, if they say set in their ways about "small" fleets not being worth their time, at least they could allow fleet alliances, similar to other games out there.

That way fleets could pool together without having to merge.
Captain Jason A. Kendall
U.S.S. Indianapolis NCC-94668
90th Special Operations Task Force
Closed Thread