Survivor of Romulus
# 531
02-15-2013, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
actually if you do pvp then you would know the best gear for ground is stf and for space is either omega with elite fleet shields or borg gear. as far as weps for space anything with a damage mod is garbage. even for pve. to be very good in space pvp you need accx2 atleast. ground would be anything with a critdx3.

also i think you need to check your star base and look at the fact advanced ground weps are better then eite. i doubt anyone in thier right mind would agree that top level gear should be better then lower level gear.......

the stuff from sb..........well lets just say most of it is crap. the mk12 fire team kit from embassy is the only good kit they came up with.

as for a rep pvp system i would love to see accx3 that i could pay dil for that bound to toon.

but i think you missed my point here. building a star base is res heavy. the gear that comes out of it is really not even worth it. i would not put on any of the space weps to go space pvping in. so again im asking why do we have such a huge dil and ec sink if what come out of the sb is not even good even for pve?

as far as not knowing how to play engy or sci class? sorry m8 but i do. im in the best pvp ground fleet atm. FES

so to even try to question me on ground is a bit stupid. im actually trying to bring up the topic to get the other kits brought inline with tact. im sure anyone who is not as dumb as a rock would have seen the example i gave and understtod very fast.

LOVE BROKEN
If I might say so myself, FES has been loosing quality in it's members, in terms of pvp gameplay, as of late. And, even if you do or do not how to pvp/run a certain type of character, the addition of a pvp reuptation system is simply absurd.
Starfleet Veteran
# 532
02-15-2013, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by petst0ne View Post
The only way the stuff from STFS are good is if you're using the omega force on a tac, which I do, infact, do. However, if I don't yet have access to the omega force on a tac character, I will most definitely use fleet equipment. not only guns, but also shields and armor.
this is untrue in regards to ground. any class fits well with full ground omega. the boost to crit is very good. not to mention the fact it give high dodge. tho maco is not bad either.

some armor is good actually from sb. but dont expect to survive if getting hit by lung or pounce.
Career Officer
# 533
02-15-2013, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedarky View Post

...Besides, if Cryptic had added a patch last week that doubled FM from PvE events and gave 10 FM for every Cryptic mission you did people would still be moaning about this patch.

This thread is all about them removing FMs without replacing them with a decent alternative. Why would we complain if they actually gave us something we needed for a change.
Click here to see the true story of the KDF and Cryptic!

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Starfleet Veteran
# 534
02-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by petst0ne View Post
If I might say so myself, FES has been loosing quality in it's members, in terms of pvp gameplay, as of late. And, even if you do or do not how to pvp/run a certain type of character, the addition of a pvp reuptation system is simply absurd.
im really not sure. as far as members go they are very high in quality. but get ready because we will have a pvp rep system and i really cant wait for it. since this game launched i cared less about pve and only wanted to pvp.

if im going to do grinding in this game it should be something i enjoy and focus 100% on
Empire Veteran
# 535
02-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugshu View Post
Its because STO doesnt care about your fun. They are full of themselves and only care about "controlling" and gating your experience.
That's not exactly the issue, even if you're rather close to it. The guys at Cryptic don't know how to move on. They look unable to work on something, think it's done and then work on something else. Instead of that they'll spend half of their development time revamping old stuff to offer it as new stuff, with a ribbon on top of that.

They should really give up about a completely balanced system. It will never happen anyway. That's the problem with people spending their days looking at metrics, they always find explanations to phenomenas and think it can be improved. But sometimes there's no need to explaint things, just let your work live its own life and move on. If they ever learn this then the game will greatly improve. Otherwise, it will keep stalling with the same overused ideas and overused concepts.

Last edited by diogene0; 02-15-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 536
02-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
im really not sure. as far as members go they are very high in quality. but get ready because we will have a pvp rep system and i really cant wait for it. since this game launched i cared less about pve and only wanted to pvp.

if im going to do grinding in this game it should be something i enjoy and focus 100% on
I'm sad to say, but the needs of one are NOT as important as the need of the many. While this quote not only applies to you, but also to the whining foundry authors .
Most PvP'ers are part of small fleets that are trying to build themselves up, as are most players in this game. While most players of this game are not ground pvpers, another reputation for them to fill out for even better gear will still only just hinder their advancement, and kill all balance in the game.
Career Officer
# 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
syberghost and bluegeek are going to be working overtime for the next couple of days, lol.
BranFlakes probably had a massive coronary after seeing the 'Fleet Mark Dan' post.

I wonder how good PWEs' Health Plan is??
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Career Officer
# 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebumble View Post
This thread is all about them removing FMs without replacing them with a decent alternative. Why would we complain if they actually gave us something we needed for a change.
It is impossible to use facts and logic when talking to the CDF. The rose tinted glasses are powerful devices indeed.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Career Officer
# 539
02-15-2013, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedarky View Post
Nothing you've described is new to STO or any MMO, development teams have reduced awards in areas where people were farming said reward when they didn't want them farming it so much.
You're not thinking this through - STFs weren't being farmed because it's largely impossible to farm them - they were being played for rewards that Cryptic decided were too generous.

Cryptic's bone-headed solution to something that rewarded gear (drops and salvage), Dilithium, ECs *and* uber end-game loot was to remove all of it.

AND to add in its place a system that required you to spend Dilithium from other missions (since STFs no longer rewarded it) in order to unlock a store for you to buy (some) of that stuff from.

In what world, from what company, could that ever seem like a good idea? How, how can you look at that decision and consider that the person that made it was a) competent and b) had any respect for their customers?

Yes - they hastily hacked in some poorly thought-out fixes (which overcompensated in some ways) and the hope was that they'd learnt something from this - the Fleet Marks changes that have just been imposed indicate otherwise.

There really are lunatics running this asylum.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 540 Foundry response
02-15-2013, 07:52 AM
I was annoyed when the foundry mission was changed in December to "fix" the exploit.
But I do understand it, it was technically an exploit, although it was nice for those of us who can't play the game hours on end day after day. What Cryptic fails to take into consideration is real life, just because you guys Live, eat, and breath STO all week long, and are paid to play it and develop it, the rest of us have jobs and RL that gets in the way.
the fleet mark and Dilithium rewards were just right, for the last few weeks, months.
I ask you this, so what if someone can run the several times in a row and make several hundred marks a day?
how is this an problem it is no longer an exploit, you have to run the mission, it has to be a qualifying mission of approx 15 minutes or longer, and even auto complete missions will not allow you to go afk so you have to be there for the whole time to "finish it.
so how is this hurting the fleet mark or Dilithium economy?
Let me put it this way if I run the mission 4 times an hour, with two toons, that would have (with the system a week ago) granted me 200 fleet marks, (barely enough to start a mid tier project) it would also grant me 3,840 Dilithium, again for an hour's work in game.
the current exchange rate of about 90 Dilithium per zen makes it so I could exchange my 3,840 Dilithium for about 43 zen (if we round up)
We know that Zen is priced at 1 cent per Zen so 100 Zen have a value of $1
Therefor 43 zen = .43 cents so grinding the repeatable foundry mission with 2 toons as fast as you can each with 15 minute mission would pay you out at a rate of .43 cents an hour
But that was too much for Cryptic, so they gave us a collective decrease in payout to about 670 ish per 15 minute foundry mission, (at least that is about what the 5 I played since the change have yielded)
so since the change they took away the fleet mark bonus and reduced out equivalent of .43 cents an hour down to about .30 cents an hour.
Thank You ever so much Cryptic Studios, I'm certain it was a necessary move on your part. I am sure the whole economy of the game was in jeopardy of collapsing, due to the massive amount of Dilithium being earned at apparent unreasonable rates.
Oh and that Million+ Dilithium requirement for the Embassy upgrades, 1 million 900k upgrade for the star base will be ever so much easier to complete now.

Here is an idea, weather or not it is a fleet based mission any teamed mission should grant fleet marks, this includes all the daily fleet missions. Big Dig, breaking the planet, etc...
how about giving us Fleet marks for STF's? we have to be teamed for it and most of us team up with fleet mates to do it.

I don't expect Cryptic will listed to anything I have said here, they have always shown a disregard for good ideas, or common sense. But i felt the need to respond to Sthal's post making it sound like it was such a good idea to take away one of the few things left in here worth doing.
Dont get me wrong I LOVE STO! I been here for 3 years now and have seen the bad and the good, and I keep playing not because they make it worthwhile, but because I love STO and I love Star Trek

Admiral Wades Antut
XO Thirdfleet
Commanding Officer
U.S.S. Tesla
Closed Thread