Republic Veteran
# 711
02-15-2013, 11:54 AM
"Knock,Knock" hello anybody there? seems marc8129 has left the building

Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS." <------> Grant Morrison
Captain
# 712
02-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
Yes, but he did eventually come up with a solution. Wasn't it that the loot drops were increased for STF's and the dilithium went up from 480 to 960 for elites? Can't remember now.
It was more than at the beginning of S7 but less than previously...overall itwas still a nerf, just done in a sneaky way.
Leave nerfing to the professionals.
Career Officer
# 713
02-15-2013, 11:57 AM
i can only say that i don't bother with that "officer of the watch" daily, because it is simply too much effort for the 5 marks to fly all the way from ESD to the base.

in fact i don't even bother doing it when i go there to do the DOff CXP 2 FM Commendation Reports.

5 marks are just... not worth bothering at all.
Not if the project you are starring at wants 20000 marks from you.

for 50 Marks... i guess i would do it every now and then... at least when i'm at the base anyway.
Empire Veteran
# 714
02-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
No. It was the wholesale reversal of his unilateral decision to entirely rip out dilithium and loot from STFs in their entirety.
Yes, true. He did entirely reverse his decision to rip it out, but the end result was 980 for elites and loot drops were increased. However, the loot droops are really bad. I only get very rare purples drops every 1 in 7 STF's, on average. Sometimes, I don't even get any loot. Maybe random fleet mark drops for perfectly done missions is what we need for STF's and rommie azure nebula and break tholian web. What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
It was more than at the beginning of S7 but less than previously...overall itwas still a nerf, just done in a sneaky way.
I feel your pain. Believe me. Does Cryptic seriously think earning some silly STF accolade for completing 100 or so STF's is gong to make up for the drop from 1440 to 960. Ha!
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Lieutenant
# 715
02-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Larger fleets have members that have less to do due to numbers in the fleet. Smaller fleets have more to deal with as each member has more to contribute. So how the hell are these players meant to now contribute FM's?

Balanced Mr Stahl? I think not. If you are expecting small fleets to merger that isn't going to happen. Please replace FM's as soon as possible, that also means not in three months time but next week will do fine thanks.

We can't continue at the moment due to the huge amounts of fleet marks required and virtually no way to earn them due to the paltry amounts you can now earn.

Want to alienate your paying customers? Keep going as this is all you're achieving
Founder of the 3rd Foot & Mouth Federation Fleet. Join today!

The Khasi of Kalabar: They will die the death of a thousand cuts!
Princess Jelhi: Oh! But that's horrible!
The Khasi of Kalabar: Not at all my little desert flower, the British are used to cuts!
Career Officer
# 716
02-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Wow what a completely asinine and insane post. No MMO in their right mind would ever restrict guilds to be that small, it is always in the hundreds. You choose to be in a small fleet and accept the challenges that come with it so you can avoid some of the challenges of being in a large fleet like politics, deciding fair way to share provisions, managing large events, and generally keeping so many members happy. You made that choice now deal with it.

Your small fleet isn't unlocking shipyard tiers fast enough, and even if it did doesn't have a lot of people that will be buying modules compared to large fleets with t4 shipyards. WHich is why large fleets are better for cryptic anyway.
Just an fyi: the first fleet in the game to hit Tier 5 shipyard did it a few weeks ago and it was a 2 man fleet.

It'd be very elitist to think you are somehow better than every other fleet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Since the average fleet size is 121, that would be rather punitive.

Pull up the infographic and do the math.
Well, 2 million players / 16500 fleets = 121. But not everyone is in a fleet, so it's actually quite a bit smaller than that
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Lt. Commander
# 717
02-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
Well, 2 million players / 16500 fleets = 121. But not everyone is in a fleet, so it's actually quite a bit smaller than that
Just to inject a wee bit of levity, actually they all are. Either starfleetor the Klingon defenseForce(its still a fleet

I know bad joke.
Captain
# 718
02-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
You're assuming 2 million captains = 2 million unique and active accounts.
Captain
# 719
02-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Which would mean if 5% of their playerbase was gold they'd be making over $1 million a month before a single Zen purchase or C-Store sale.

Like I said. Doesn't pass a giggle test.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Republic Veteran
# 720
02-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
You're assuming 2 million captains = 2 million unique and active accounts.
It's easy to say that more than half of those accounts are ftp and aren't even touched anymore. It would be like me owning a junkyard and boasting that I have 30 cars. What's the use if maybe 3 of those cars actually run? WHO CARES! I still have 30 cars!