Captain
# 811
02-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
It's friday. Expect an answer next week after the holiday. If we get one at all.

Don't hold your breath. We are STRONGLY DISAPPOINTING them by not meeting internal metrics and projections. Solution is to get new players.

If it was my call, I'd have turned the wrapper mission back on and also rolled back the patch that broke everything. Simple solution to simple problem.
rofl... Cryptic will have some sort of zen sale, so that everyone's anger will somehow subside. "If you give us more money, your anger will eventually go away." rofl...

What I find insulting is being called a statistic. Instead of Cryptic treating us as customers, they are publicly degrading everyone as numbers, statistics, and percentages.

Fun cannot be formulated with mathematical formulas.

Last edited by linyive; 02-15-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Career Officer
# 812
02-15-2013, 02:30 PM
I know people love numbers so lets put some to the test.

Quote:
Above a fleet size of about 25 active player accounts playing 2-3 times a week, the expectation is that these fleets will fill up project requirements quickly but be gated by the time it takes for the upgrade projects to complete.
That is what they said when they released the content. So lets look at a Tier 2 fleet project.

A Tier 2 project takes 600 fleet marks. They can have 3 projects running at once so that is 1,800 FM. 1,800 divided by 25 is 72. So each day a person needs to make 72 fleet marks to keep a 25 man fleet going and only be gated by the time factor.

72 FM each day now lets multiple it out to 7 days is 504. Now lets go down to 3 days a week, is 168 per day they login to the game. At 50 FM per hour that is over 3 hours of grinding just FM to fill up tier 2 projects.

A Tier 3 project takes 900 fleet marks. So that is 2,700 FM each day. So then each player is responsible for 108 FM per day. And to break it down to playing 3 days a week 252 each day they play. Again that is over 5 hours of grinding FM to make it work.

So they have lied outright when they said that the 25 active players playing 2-3 times a week would be gated by time. Even if I jump it to 50 active players it only cuts those numbers in half and that still requires everyone to jump on and contribute the FM when they need them.
Survivor of Romulus
# 813
02-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
According to the patch notes. Heh, what am I thinking. We actually get something promised to us? I must need my Latuda again.
We're all going slightly mad!
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, sultan of stun, captain of things obvious and people oblivious.
The only one who dislikes the oddy outfit. Would love a t5 TMP Constitution class or a Fleet K'tinga revamp!
In memoriam, exploration clusters, a victim of the great content massacre. 2010-2014.
Career Officer
# 814
02-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
You maybe, it started with the launch of S7 for me so I'm well past slightly mad
Lt. Commander
# 815
02-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
I will have you know I am completely insane. I'm a healer~!
Survivor of Romulus
# 816
02-15-2013, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4v1t4r View Post
You maybe, it started with the launch of S7 for me so I'm well past slightly mad

I was here when S5 went live
The madness started well before then I assure you!
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, sultan of stun, captain of things obvious and people oblivious.
The only one who dislikes the oddy outfit. Would love a t5 TMP Constitution class or a Fleet K'tinga revamp!
In memoriam, exploration clusters, a victim of the great content massacre. 2010-2014.
Career Officer
# 817
02-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Here are plenty of great reasons not to be in a large "faceless" fleet!

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=703

PWE/Cryptic you would do well to read this long, but very good, post. It states most all the reasons why people don't want to be in the mega-sized pryamid style of fleet!

Smaller fleets spread the benefits of the fleet better to all members than the mega-sized "pyramid" Fleets where only the top few get the best rewards!

PWE/Cryptic Stop the "farm", bring back the fun!

Zeus
Creator of Olympus - Home of the Gods
"I don't test my code often, but when I do I test it in Production"The most interesting dev in the world

I rather be a fence post in Texas than the King of PWE

Last edited by zeus16nbs; 02-15-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Career Officer
# 818
02-15-2013, 02:43 PM
When will this game stop being stripped of all that is good?

Foundry Duty officer reports now not offering Fleet Marks? It was the only good way of gaining a small chunk of these in any time - hardly worth playing the PvE when you either get shoved into a team that has either never played or cares for following the order of the event... Half hours work for 27FMs

Romulan Distress Call: Mogai & D'deridex changed to 60 seconds but still with a 15 minute cool-down?

To be honest, I have stopped complaining about Dilithium, appears to fall on deaf ears! But at least stop taking away the other benefits. As it stand, I spend a lot of REAL money on this game a month as I like it, but sorely losing interest with the changes being made without player consideration.

Please consider better Fleet Mark Events with as SET Minimum Earn - Say, 50FMs Per PvE/30mins cool down
Captain
2 things you can do right away:

1) Add a some FM to STF - say 5 for Normal and 10 for Elite

2) Increase traffic to the starbase: Make a major increase in the "officer of the watch" daily to 50 fleet marks.

#2 is the best solution to put the 50 marks back because it will get more people to visit the starbase - now it's virtually empty even in the largest fleets.
Survivor of Romulus
# 820
02-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
2 things you can do right away:

1) Add a some FM to STF - say 5 for Normal and 10 for Elite
That would encourage STFs, but little else. Besides, they already reward omega.

Quote:
2) Increase traffic to the starbase: Make a major increase in the "officer of the watch" daily to 50 fleet marks.
50 for such a small task is far too much. It could use a bump mind you, but more than 10 or 15 is too much.

Quote:
#2 is the best solution to put the 50 marks back because it will get more people to visit the starbase - now it's virtually empty even in the largest fleets.
Best solution imo is to add an IOR style mission that rewards FM and possibly dilithium for running stuff in teams. Be it STFs, Fleet actions, foundry or even episode missions.

They apparently claimed that the IOR removal was to 'encourage team play'.
Closed Thread