Career Officer
# 81
02-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lirdek View Post
small fleets will die anyway... FMs events are boring.

My fleet mates are disgusted fomr sb system. No one want to join a T2-T3 fleet. We cant make the fleet grow anymore.

I have now two options : i go back to solo mode and dont care for sb. And then dont get the 'best' that the game has to offer.

I quit.
But...but...with who am I gonna do STF's then?
Starfleet Veteran
# 82
02-14-2013, 07:02 PM
While I understand that to Cryptic, this is a business and business is often all about difficult and unpopular decisions, but to the player base this is a game. That's right, a GAME. And when a game stops being fun, people stop playing. Now if this game was MY business, I'd be very worried about that.
Career Officer
# 83
02-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Average max level player refining per day is nowhere near the cap yet. Once the average Dilithium refined per day by max level players gets closer to the cap, we'll consider it.
This is 100% total male bovine fecal matter. We're earning tons of Di, and when you EARN Di, you REFINE Di. EVERYONE does this. The "average max level player refining rate" is probably at almost 100%, if it isn't there. Raise the Di cap!
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Captain
# 84
02-14-2013, 07:03 PM
I think it may be time to remove the distinction between "Fleet Events" and "Fleet Actions". Both are activities that a single player can queue for, without having to queue with his/her Fleet Mates. As such I propose you roll both into a singular name of "Fleet Actions", having varied activities for 5/10/20 players, with Fleet Mark rewards adjusted accordingly. Larger Fleet Actions = More Fleet Marks.

And since Fleet Marks is intended for anything "Group play" related, it should most certainly get added to STFs, if not permanently, atleast during "Bonus Hour". A Bonus Hour I might add, that should be run more frequently throughout the day/night cycle.
Empire Veteran
# 85
02-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlocutusofborgx View Post
or find an executive thats going to listen to the player base instead of making bad choices..
It's a shame how few people realize that implementing most/all of player feedback is not only impossible, but counterproductive

It's impossible to please everyone, in simpler language.

They're doing what they consider best, and despite the fact that the forums are in an uproar (which isn't unusual), the game is still here and doing well... which says a lot on it's own imo.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Career Officer
# 86
Quote:
I appreciate that we don't always make good decisions. We do listen to feedback and we do adjust in order to make things better for everyone.
So, how about them JHAS pets for Dreadnought owners that don't own a JHAS? Pretty sure there's about 26 pages of feedback on that here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...527061&page=26
Captain
# 87
Quote:

They are now arguably the single best source of Dilithium per mission

If you completely ignore the Academy Events (easy 4600 per hour of play), mining (1000 for 7 minutes work during non-event periods), elite STFs (960 for roughly 15 minutes), and DOFFing (easily several thousand a day with a good crew), this might be true. Maybe.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Commander
# 88
02-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Funny how a game that took me a long time to download, only take seconds to uninstall...

My 7 toons just finished the Hegh'bat and honor has been restored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
I wonder if we can have their stuff if we ask.
I thought of you when I burnt it all. Especially my purple resources.

Qapla'
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Captain
# 89
02-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Average max level player refining per day is nowhere near the cap yet. Once the average Dilithium refined per day by max level players gets closer to the cap, we'll consider it.
I'm calling shenanigans on that one.

Quote:
There are two additional big changes coming in May that will greatly improve a Fleet's abilities to complete projects, I'm just not at liberty to talk about them yet.
That's your answer? Wait three months for a resolution, with only your word as to what it will be? Remember that dilithium you said you wouldn't remove from STFs, yet two days later ripped out without so much as a word?

Quote:
Fleet Marks will becoming common rewards for "Group Queued Gameplay" whereas Dilithium will be focused on more solo Mission Gameplay.

We appreciate that there is frustration about losing the Fleet Marks in the Foundry, but Fleet Marks were never intended for solo based gameplay.
Then why introduce it in solo gameplay in the first place?

Quote:
Balancing is no fun, but we hear the suggestions that trying to get in the groove with a standard set of content is important. That is where we are trying to go without horking the economy.
Tweaks =/= wholesale removal of entire income streams. As it stands now, the only way to get fleet marks is a very limited, repetitive series of missions that pay out ludicrously low amounts of currency for what is required. If you wanted to "balance" you would have made changes to them, either by adding new FM missions or by upping current FM payouts in existing missions.
Starfleet Veteran
# 90
02-14-2013, 07:06 PM
I think adding fleet marks to Fleet Actions would be a pretty good idea. It might also encourage more players to play those missions.
Closed Thread