Republic Veteran
# 901
02-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
I'm going with the boycott option at the moment, kinda of sad that I'm more intrigued by whats being said in here than playing the game at the moment, but that's a longer trend that started with Season 7.
Same. I'm not giving them anymore money. If they want, I am sure they can look up my account and see how much money I've dumped into the game. Just before this change I had purchased 3 months of gold time. Not renewing that. No point, really.
# 902
02-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Some really great feedback has been posted here and people who actually see what's happening to the game and what potential this game has.

Some of the content in this game is still fun to an extent, but the main things that keep me playing is that it's Star Trek and the social aspect of getting together with my fleet members, running events and having a laugh.

I wish Cryptic would open their eyes and see how much damage they've done and realise that if they thought a little outside the box there are many approaches they could have taken to the fleet advancement system as a whole. In the long run it's not just this aspect of the game, but many aspects of the game that have potential to make this game feel like a game really worthy of being called Star Trek.

It's getting to the point where I think a revamp is needed. FFXIV needed it and after doing the Alpha testing it has paid off; with STO it's getting to where I feel it may be worth closing things down for a short while and delivering something spectacular. Heck even keeping this one running till the last minute while they get ready for a big revamp on a separate server and actually investing in servers that don't bottleneck as much as these ones have.

You would think with all this feedback they get time and time again, they'd get the picture and do something, but somewhere between reading the feedback, coming up with ideas and implementing changes something goes drastically wrong. I sometimes feel like they spend more time having wild parties at Cryptic HQ and are all off their heads when in the design phase.

"We're doing it wrong, but it's working...."

Last edited by nierion; 02-15-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Commander
# 903
02-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
So no dev comment on this until Monday?
As far as I'm concerned, the original post was the dev comment. "We've listened to your feedback, and consulted our metrics, and this is how it's going to be. See you in May!"
Captain
# 904
02-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Let us look at their track record for balance.

PvP? Nope, half of the abilities are useless.
Captain Abilities? Hows that Engineer feeling.
Ships? Galaxy R says hello.
Abilities? Hello broken Sci.

Rewards? Azure Nebula vs Infected Space Elite anyone..

They can't even fix Engineering Team to clear viral matrix without breaking cloak. Or remember that the lobi torpedo uses the same system as the Tri-Co when they change it. The list of 'unbalanced' things in this game and 'misunderstood' by devs is crazy.

How about their stability? How many times have STFs been remade?

Or on their follow threw? The Omega Store Doffs that took months to be added back to the game and are bugged perhaps? KDF faction?

I have no faith, everything they touch simply gets mucked up and the only thing that really changes is what activity I do to get double the reward in half the time.

Don't throw something out until the replacement is ready to go.
STO has a diverse group of players with a wide range of expectations and playstyles. To that end the STO team should endeavor to create a variety of content with a diverse set of difficulty levels and challenges. Cake for everyone!
Career Officer
# 905
02-15-2013, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
Same. I'm not giving them anymore money. If they want, I am sure they can look up my account and see how much money I've dumped into the game. Just before this change I had purchased 3 months of gold time. Not renewing that. No point, really.
In my haste I became LTS in Season 6... but I've largely stopped playing actively and only get on when I know my friends want to do some STF's. Yeah I've also spent a fair amount on this game but very little in recent months. Real shame considering the loyal fan-base and potential a Star Trek MMO has.
Career Officer
# 906
02-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Think I'll take the weekend off and play some other betas (Firefall, Defiance) maybe some SWTOR. I'll be back bright and early Monday to ruin Cryptics first day of the week.

I'm tired of feeling this depressed, angry and generally bored, and still logging in to play. I'm a much more upbeat guy..XD
We are now in a gaming paradox created by Cryptic/PWE...

"You cannot win because you cannot get the rewards and

you cannot get the rewards because you cannot win."
Survivor of Romulus
# 907
02-15-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
In my haste I became LTS in Season 6... but I've largely stopped playing actively and only get on when I know my friends want to do some STF's. Yeah I've also spent a fair amount on this game but very little in recent months. Real shame considering the loyal fan-base and potential a Star Trek MMO has.
Oh Lowe....I pity you for buying the LTS. But I agree on the last bit. They could do so much with this franchise and yet they see us as a captive audience. Not only as Trek fans, but as gamers. There is a double draw there and as such the job of drawing us in is much easier. Pity then, that they take this opportunity and make such a poor job of it. Such potential wasted.

Sod it, I'm off to play skyrim.
Lowe? Olivia? What are your alternatives going to be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes

Last edited by captainoblivous; 02-15-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 908
02-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blebbington View Post
Hmmmm, I wonder if the Fleet Marks nerf was implemented after the 'special' fleets hit rank 5?
thats what i tried to point out earlier.

a little suspicious if you ask me
Career Officer
# 909
02-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
Oh Lowe....I pity you for buying the LTS. But I agree on the last bit. They could do so much with this franchise and yet they see us as a captive audience. Not only as Trek fans, but as gamers. There is a double draw there and as such the job of drawing us in is much easier. Pity then, that they take this opportunity and make such a poor job of it. Such potential wasted.

Sod it, I'm off to play skyrim.
Lowe? Olivia? What are your alternatives going to be?
Hehe minecraft atm :p
Captain
# 910
02-15-2013, 07:33 PM
The problem seems they think they are Blizzard and this WoW into its 5th year, reason I only tried WoW once to check out what this MMO thing was on about was because I always realized the level of commitment that was a MMO and how a subscription system was pretty much a ball-and-chain, after a while you DONT leave because you just so much money on the game it feels a waste so we keep playing and playing and playing ....

But, there is a line.

At one point people think "should I?" and look at the state of things and make the decision they had enough, this is very much the big problem of a MMO, when players decided the money they invested so far will be simply written off ... I did that with The Secret World, I brought the and one week later I regret it, considering this was the Steam version I pretty much said goodbye to the money it cost and filled that as a mistake.

That lead us to F2P, now F2P does not have a subscription ball-and-chain so people are more conformable to just leave because even if they put money on it, its still there .... its a good system to lure people but, and this is the problem, if there is nothing to keep then there they will leave.

Taking the players for granted its a HUGE mistake, BioWare did that with their chest pounding of numbers and we can see were SW:TOR currently is, WoW have slowly been bleeding subscriptions over the years and they are pretty much the most well equipped to deal with losses of subscribers.

So the "my way or the highway" approach does not work, I can just walk and come back in May, then your precious metrics will show one less player until them and you think 1 year into F2P you are really going to gain many new players?

If you want to treat me as a number then I will act as one, not queuing for anything, do what I want and ignore every single hamfisted attempt to make me play the content you want, if I cannot ... well I did sink money into the game, you might think you have a ball-and-chain on me but then again, I am still a person ... not a number.
Closed Thread