Lieutenant
# 1 Is this game finally dead?
02-14-2013, 06:24 PM
I do not know much about Neverwinter and so forth, but with this coming out and the sheer dissatisfaction of the gaming audience I must ask, is this game finally dead. I pose this because people may be thinking of spending money on the game and if this is the case they should avoid doing so.
The only new experience material that has come out for ages was a very short side mission with a brief gimmick voice over. Everything seems to be a waste of money in this game, or time if you grind, because theres nothing to actually aim for. I wouldnt mind making my ship great if there was some point, some enemy or so on, but theres nothing save the abyss of grind.
I base this mostly on my own sentiments, but also on the constant dissatisfaction and disappointment voiced by so many in the game.
Rihannsu
# 2
02-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Yes, they're taking the servers down tomorrow.
Lieutenant
# 3
02-14-2013, 06:36 PM
I do not think this is a stupid question by the way and as such..... whatever I guess, errmmm yeah blah blah blah......
Captain
# 4
02-14-2013, 06:39 PM
If the game was dead, they probably wouldn't be hyping Season 8 (or whatever they're calling it) so much. Through the various dev tweets and such we know there are dozens of new ships and plenty of new content stuff coming out. I don't think they'd go to all that trouble unless they intended to follow through on at least some of it.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Lieutenant
# 5
02-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Perhaps you are right....but in my opinion ofcourse they will hype it if it means people will buy pointless stuff.
Captain
# 6
02-14-2013, 06:41 PM
This game has a huge fanbase, I think there are more satified customers then dissatisfied ones. Forum members only make up a small % of the player base. If you listen to half the naysayers on this forum they would give you the impression this game is crumbling and the proles are breaking down the doors.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Lieutenant
# 7
02-14-2013, 06:43 PM
Its about time we did bring those doors down!!! lol
Commander
# 8
02-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakie79 View Post
I wouldnt mind making my ship great if there was some point
STO is not dead, but is just not aimed for gamers at all, and you've hit the point with that. This "game" is getting into a collectionism hobby, aiming for 40-50 trek audience fanbase with no clue about videogames. PWE gets tons of money selling Ambassadors, Constitution Bridges, uniforms. You can't imagine.

In the last year, at least as for gaming experiencie, the only mentionable thing has been Mine Trap and some other Rep or Fleet mission, but without being something from another world...

So STO as a product is not dieing, but as a game, for sooo many reasons that aren't worht to mention again and over and over, yes, I would say so.

May "Expansion" its seem for some people with certain hopes. Let's see what happen then.
[That's it, Spanish and/or Hispanic Fleet]
L'Ter@lotherus - Alien Sci Officer - Wells/Destroyer
(No quiero mas reputaciones - No more rep!)
Captain
# 9
02-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaanithegreen View Post
Yes, they're taking the servers down tomorrow.
I love deadpan snark.
# 10
02-14-2013, 06:55 PM
I just started playing and I enjoy it, but for a 2-3 year old MMO its still raw. I feel I can never lose...which is wrong? It gets boring due to the fact that a challenge is not present in this game. There is no REAL strategy for any encounters even elites (1-2 guard random stuff trying to escape and mess up an objective, rest face roll stuff). We have 3 defining roles, but I feel these roles are pointless and encounters are not tuned to make these roles necessary. Thus, taking away any social aspect because its possible to accomplish everything in the entire game alone except achieving fleet ships( but thats not a challenge, just a time sink.) Also, all three classes have the option of putting points into the same tree, only leaving abilities specific to that class different. I can ramble on for hours about whats wrong with this game, but yeah. It entertains me for the moment...