Survivor of Romulus
# 41
07-05-2013, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
By now, you've probably seen the announcement about the new expansion. The work on that is and has been taking up pretty much all of our resources.
ok its been almost 5 months since we have been told that this was going to be fixed and still nothing. you implied it would be fixed after the romulan release and its been out for several weeks. whats going on and whats the hold up? this should be fixed soon and we should not have to wait another half a year for it to be fixed!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 42
07-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitowngrizz420 View Post
ok its been almost 5 months since we have been told that this was going to be fixed and still nothing. you implied it would be fixed after the romulan release and its been out for several weeks. whats going on and whats the hold up? this should be fixed soon and we should not have to wait another half a year for it to be fixed!
If I implied a time schedule for any fix, I am sorry as I did not mean to do so. All decisions as to what gets attention and when are all way above my pay grade and I have little to no influence over them. Again, my sincere apologies.
Survivor of Romulus
# 43
07-08-2013, 02:12 PM
I totally understand and appreciate you getting back with a comment. At the very least can you put in the request again and maybe find out some new info for us on this subject? Any help or info about this you can find out is still better than us not knowing whats going on, thanks crypticfrost!

Last edited by chitowngrizz420; 07-08-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 44
02-25-2014, 12:42 AM
With the foundry payout for dil rewards now being only able to be collected one time an hour why hasn't it been changed that authors can collect dil on their own missions yet?

This has been to long of a wait for a fix!
Career Officer
# 45
02-25-2014, 10:08 AM
it's by design that authors don't get dilithium on their own missions

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Survivor of Romulus
# 46
02-25-2014, 04:47 PM
it use to payout!
if they did design it to not payout and its not just a bug then they should give the authors some dil for every time other players play our missions. because the tips are not that good so give a 25 dil reward at least.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 47
02-26-2014, 11:49 AM
This is another one of those things that will take programmer time to change, and as I've said before, programmer time is at a premium. It also falls into the category of "nice to have" rather than "need to have" so there's plenty of higher priority stuff in the queue that will need to get fixed before this.
Career Officer
# 48
02-26-2014, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
In other words, no time for fixing old problems. Busy creating new ones
That's how software development works. You have to prioritize everything, and sometimes (often) old bugs will just not generate enough business value to win over new features.

But I am getting the impression at my own work that the errors actually can shrink. There is stuff that will stay for years, everyone might know about it, but it's ultimately not important enough, especially not important as some new features that the customers want or need, new products you offer. But if you can make process improvements, or maybe just more developers, you can sometimes genuinely increase your productivity and also fit in some of the bugs that would normally be left to rot.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 49
02-27-2014, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustrumridcully0 View Post
That's how software development works. You have to prioritize everything, and sometimes (often) old bugs will just not generate enough business value to win over new features.

But I am getting the impression at my own work that the errors actually can shrink. There is stuff that will stay for years, everyone might know about it, but it's ultimately not important enough, especially not important as some new features that the customers want or need, new products you offer. But if you can make process improvements, or maybe just more developers, you can sometimes genuinely increase your productivity and also fit in some of the bugs that would normally be left to rot.
This is pretty much spot on.

That said, our new EP has made addressing existing bugs a priority but it will still take time. We have a finite number of people and a finite amount of time in any given day. So issues have to be triaged and addressed in order of severity, and those more severe issue often take more time to fix.
Survivor of Romulus
# 50
02-27-2014, 10:14 AM
I would also expect that things like this that are conscious design decisions by the devs may not be in line for a "fix" if the devs still think they made the right decision.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic