Empire Veteran
Since the Officer Reports mission no longer exists, there's no point in having this event clog up multiple hours in the daily schedule of events. I'd like to respectfully request that we remove this from the calendar and use the extra time to increase the Reputation Bonus event to 2 hours.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-15-2013, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant37 View Post
Since the Officer Reports mission no longer exists, there's no point in having this event clog up multiple hours in the daily schedule of events. I'd like to respectfully request that we remove this from the calendar and use the extra time to increase the Reputation Bonus event to 2 hours.
Wow. That is sort of like a poke to a fresh wound isn't it? Hey, we killed the IOR mission..but today during hour X, complete it for bonus rewards!

D'oh!
Empire Veteran
# 3
02-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Wow. That is sort of like a poke to a fresh wound isn't it? Hey, we killed the IOR mission..but today during hour X, complete it for bonus rewards!

D'oh!
You wouldn't be implying that Cryptic implemented sweeping changes without really thinking things through would you?
Rihannsu
# 4
02-15-2013, 07:35 AM
Pretty sure the hourly event only ever increased experience and EC.

No idea if it ever worked right but it should have had no bearing on the wrapper rewards at all.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
02-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post

No idea if it ever worked right but it should have had no bearing on the wrapper rewards at all.
Either way, the wrapper no longer exists, people are mad, and the event still being on the calendar isn't going to make Cryptic look any more like the professional, well-oiled machine they apparently aren't anyway.
Captain
# 6
02-15-2013, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Wow. That is sort of like a poke to a fresh wound isn't it?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by variant37 View Post
People are upset because their exploitable source of fleet marks was taken away. Reputation has nothing to do with fleet marks except on the couple of missions that give both (Mine Trap).

It seems reasonably to me. Fleet marks time lasts 2 hours, reputation time should last 2 hours.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
02-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
People are upset because their exploitable source of fleet marks was taken away. Reputation has nothing to do with fleet marks except on the couple of missions that give both (Mine Trap).

It seems reasonably to me. Fleet marks time lasts 2 hours, reputation time should last 2 hours.
You're missing the point.

You can't do the event because the mission wrapper is no longer available. Why/how isn't really the issue. I'm saying people are mad about it regardless of their reasons and to still have it pop on the calendar makes Cryptic look silly and like they are sorta rubbing it in.

Not to mention that it once again shows how dysfunctional they are internally. One group gets rid of the IOR wrapper and apparently can't be bothered to communicate it to the calendar-minion so that the impossible-to-do event can be removed from the calendar and the time slot can be allocated to something that can be - you know - actually completed in the game.
Empire Veteran
# 8
02-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
No.

Yes, I'm aware that the fleet marks are currently what people are angry about, but now we're presented with an opportunity to dump the now mostly-useless officer reports event and expand the Rep bonus window to 2-hours, which I think lots of people would like.

I also think we should drop "Path to 2409" and find something else for people to do in that hour, but that's another discussion altogether. Does anyone really care about getting an extra datachip? I've made that suggestion in the past but was ignored.
Captain
# 9
02-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post

I never got anything out of it but higher level drops. I certainly didn't get more Dil or FMs. And if I did get more EC and XP it wasnt enough to be noticeable.

Regardless, I see no reason to keep it around. Replace it with an Academy event.
# 10
02-15-2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
You're missing the point.

You can't do the event because the mission wrapper is no longer available. Why/how isn't really the issue. I'm saying people are mad about it regardless of their reasons and to still have it pop on the calendar makes Cryptic look silly and like they are sorta rubbing it in.

Not to mention that it once again shows how dysfunctional they are internally. One group gets rid of the IOR wrapper and apparently can't be bothered to communicate it to the calendar-minion so that the impossible-to-do event can be removed from the calendar and the time slot can be allocated to something that can be - you know - actually completed in the game.
I think you are missing the point.

Maybe I am wrong here, and if i am fair enough, but you dont need the wrapper at all to do the hour. they are 100% separate of each other.

during the hour, play any foundry mission. get more experience and more EC than you would outside of the hour. that's it. they just happen to have a similar name.

now that might be a poor reward and its not going to fix the fleet mark problem and maybe it should go anyway for a more valuable event, but the hour is doing exactly what it was designed for.

if thats wrong, im happy to be told otherwise.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission