Lt. Commander
Now that the Assimilated Module has been removed from the mission rewards, I no longer see the need to play through any of the storyline missions once I hit level 50.

I would like at least some incentive to play the final missions, other than regular old items I could just get off the exchange. What I would really like to see is the mk XI Borg set added to the mission rewards for the Undine Series. Either that or some new unique items that can only be obtained from those missions. Even a liberated Borg boff would be better than nothing (yes, I know you can get one through the STF achievement but I would rather get it this way so the final missions at least have some unique reward).

Even a little dilithium would give me a reason to play the final missions. As it stands now, the end missions are just a waste of time. Why bother with them now?
Captain
# 2
01-05-2013, 01:28 AM
Personally I'm a proponent of giving dil for episode runs. Though: it would have to be ones selected by Cryptic or randomly picked, to prevent people just running the really simple ones over and over.

It would also be cool if they gave fleet marks if you run the missions with a team composed of fleet members.
Captain
# 3
01-05-2013, 01:49 AM
Make each storyline mission give 100 fleet marks for the initial run (non-repeatable reward) and I'd actually care to level up my alts that way.
Captain
# 4
01-05-2013, 01:53 AM
If you need a reward to run decent story content, then chances are you will miss out on the story. A good story is its own reward and the rewards are just the icing on the cake.
Captain
# 5
01-05-2013, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
If you need a reward to run decent story content, then chances are you will miss out on the story. A good story is its own reward and the rewards are just the icing on the cake.
Fortunately for the OP, the Undine missions AFTER "Assimilated" don't qualify as "Good" storyline work.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.
Captain
# 6
01-05-2013, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
Make each storyline mission give 100 fleet marks for the initial run (non-repeatable reward) and I'd actually care to level up my alts that way.
yeah something like that...maybe even choose between FM, RM, OM.

storymode has beendead for me long before season 7...just a joke that you hit max lvl before you do any romulan mission.
Go pro or go home
Lieutenant
# 7
01-05-2013, 11:11 AM
I made a klingon, going thru the episodes, Boldly They Rode bugs out, I finished the episode, the rewards are not showing at all. the hail the Enterprise and then the Dominion ships control table is flashing fine, but the Captain for DS9 is useless, I'm in it with guildmates, they got the rewards. I send a GM request in, 4 days later they respond to drop the episode and restart it, I do, one of my guildmates goes thru it with me, it bugs again, we do it 2 more times, same result.
Captain
# 8
01-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper1187 View Post
I made a klingon, going thru the episodes, Boldly They Rode bugs out, I finished the episode, the rewards are not showing at all. the hail the Enterprise and then the Dominion ships control table is flashing fine, but the Captain for DS9 is useless, I'm in it with guildmates, they got the rewards. I send a GM request in, 4 days later they respond to drop the episode and restart it, I do, one of my guildmates goes thru it with me, it bugs again, we do it 2 more times, same result.
Try it solo.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
01-05-2013, 12:06 PM
I came to STO from Star Wars the old republic and im considering going back over there now that they are F2P. I enjoy story and combat and it seems that the story episodes here are on the boring side, they are not adding anything new and they are taking rewards away and placing them into this reputation system that already sucks as it is..

If they reverted back to season 6 I may consider staying, but as long as this reputation system lives , im done.. I dont need any more time/resource gates...thanks
Captain
# 10
01-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natejam101 View Post
If they reverted back to season 6 I may consider staying, but as long as this reputation system lives , im done.. I dont need any more time/resource gates...thanks
Why? its just extra powers that you would never get otherwise without some kind of progression system and with some stuff you may or not want to buy, I see no real point on the Romulan store.

Revert back to what? Random STF drops that EVERYONE bitched and moaned at Elite? not there are problems as everyone just runs ISE, ground STFs need to have double rewards at least as KAS and CS at perhaps not as bad but that is because people will run space if ISE is in cooldown.

The Reputation system is optional, the only concern comes with STF and Omega because Cryptic made it end game and refuses to do anything beyond pushing their precious STF gear from Uber-Set end game status, even group activities is not centered about STFs as we have Mine Trap and other stuff, even the lousy Reman set was made available instead of the idiocy that was The Vault.

Problems? Sure ... there is a EC cost that can get to be annoying as I rather they ditched it but I am not going to say "well pre-season 7 was better" when to me the worst come with season 6, at least A LOT of what to come out in season 7 was toned down before and after release.
Closed Thread