Career Officer
# 1 Abramsprise in new movie
03-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Looks like she get's beat up pretty good in the new movie.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eUbr2EQ_iY...se+damaged.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oaCZ0lSsnN...+damaged+2.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IIg5vU3lOy...ucer+crash.jpg

So what do you think, refit, or a new ship for upcoming movies?

I always loved the refit constitution class Enterprise for The Motion picture. I'm leaning that way.
PLEASE fix the Dauntless. See suggestion below
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
how to make it too good (10/10)- if the LT tac was uni, it would probably be a 9/10, an extra LT eng or sci would have wonderful usefulness. this actually sorta, kinda, NEEDS to happen. 10/10 would make the LTC universal instead.

Last edited by vengefuldjinn; 03-22-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
03-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Same ship for the next movie. Not as bad as it looks, little lens flare will cover that right up.
Captain
# 3
03-22-2013, 10:21 AM
If the Abramsprise gets blown up and replaced with a ship like the Connie refit, I will be over the moon with joy.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 4
03-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Same ship for the next movie. Not as bad as it looks, little lens flare will cover that right up.
LOL, I know right ?
PLEASE fix the Dauntless. See suggestion below
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
how to make it too good (10/10)- if the LT tac was uni, it would probably be a 9/10, an extra LT eng or sci would have wonderful usefulness. this actually sorta, kinda, NEEDS to happen. 10/10 would make the LTC universal instead.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Die, stupid ship! D I E!
Captain
# 6
03-22-2013, 10:32 AM
One of the earlier trailers shows what appears to be the Enterprise intact and rising out of the water. Based on that I doubt we see a different Enterprise by the end of the movie.
A Refit Conny which is a much smaller ship is unlikely to make an appearance in these movies.
Career Officer
# 7
03-22-2013, 10:37 AM
The ship that crashes into Alcatraz and then the buildings IS NOT the NCC-1701.

I know the newest trailer makes it seem that way, but if you take a good look at the ship, the Nacelles are different and the sensor dish is not the Radar-like Dish of the JJ-prise, it's more like the glowing dish from TMP Enterprise.

Granted the 1701 takes a beating in this movie, but the trailers are quite deceiving.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 03-22-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Career Officer
# 8
03-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
One of the earlier trailers shows what appears to be the Enterprise intact and rising out of the water. Based on that I doubt we see a different Enterprise by the end of the movie.
A Refit Conny which is a much smaller ship is unlikely to make an appearance in these movies.
That scene is from quite early in the movie, it has been seen since the first nine minutes of the movie were released back a few months ago.

It's also been posted about the internetz that this time around, the size of the 1701 is defined a lot better in this movie...

It's being likened to a size much closer to the versions seen before.

There's a whole bunch of speculation going on over at the Trek BBS with a lot of pictorial info being posted.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 03-22-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Captain
# 9
03-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Jeez, crashed it again. They should jusr rename poor old Enterprise something fitting, like 'Toast' or crash-and-burn.

N.C.C.1701, USS ToastE
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 10
03-22-2013, 10:58 AM
As others have said the rising out of the water is from the beginning. I'm pretty sure that the trailer is showing the JJprise getting curb stomped. At least I hope it does. I'd pay money to see that. Maybe it got shredded because it has a brewery instead of an engine room.

If that's the case maybe for the third film we'll have an Enterprise that looks- and is sized- the way the Enterprise should be. You know, with an actual engine room and a bridge that doesn't look like they looted an apple store.

"NCC-1701 no bloody A, B, C or D"