Rihannsu
# 11
02-15-2013, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
I never got anything out of it but higher level drops. I certainly didn't get more Dil or FMs. And if I did get more EC and XP it wasnt enough to be noticeable.

Regardless, I see no reason to keep it around. Replace it with an Academy event.
Ok, perhaps it was loot drops that improve? Like i said i'm not 100% sure.

yes, fine lets get rid of it for something better. i agree with that.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
02-15-2013, 08:10 AM
I think your sort of getting away from the original intent of this post, which is simply to say that if the removal of the IOR quests means that the corresponding calendar event no longer functions, than the calendar event should be removed and replaced or altered with something useful. In either case it is certainly one of those unintended consequences that will have to be looked at by Cryptic.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Rihannsu
# 13
02-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I think your sort of getting away from the original intent of this post, which is simply to say that if the removal of the IOR quests means that the corresponding calendar event no longer functions, than the calendar event should be removed and replaced or altered with something useful. In either case it is certainly one of those unintended consequences that will have to be looked at by Cryptic.
thats my point. the *if* is the key point as it does change the nature of the request. does it require the wrapper or not? is it now broken or not? i dont think it ever did require the wrapper and i dont think its technically broken.

as far as i know. you dont need the wrapper at all to play the hour. just select a random foundry mission and get better rewards , EC, loot, drops whatever than you would outside the wrapper.

if it is broken then of course its pointless. even if its not broken, then it either needs a buff or replaced for something better. so either way action should be taken, the only question is does it require a buff or a total change to something new?

Starfleet Veteran
# 14
02-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Quote:
That's what I was trying to say. Thanks for summing it up concisely.
Career Officer
# 15
02-15-2013, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Regardless, I see no reason to keep it around. Replace it with an Academy event.

LOL whut??? Forget the academy. Extend the Reputation event to two hours.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
02-15-2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
thats my point. the *if* is the key point as it does change the nature of the request. does it require the wrapper or not? is it now broken or not? i dont think it ever did require the wrapper and i dont think its technically broken.
Exactly, we don't really know, so someone go test it. When's the next one coming up?
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Rihannsu
# 17
02-15-2013, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Exactly, we don't really know, so someone go test it. When's the next one coming up?
not sure. there was one about 2 hours ago, i know that much.

Republic Veteran
# 18
02-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Replace it with Fleet event, I hear we are in short supply.

Survivor of Romulus
# 19
02-15-2013, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Replace it with Fleet event, I hear we are in short supply.
If it needs to be replaced, my vote would also go to some sort of fleet mark event. Maybe reward FMs for something that has never rewarded it in the past like exploration. Rational could be your fleet is sending its members out into the unknown reaches of the quadrant to bring back needed resources.
Empire Veteran
# 20
02-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
If it needs to be replaced, my vote would also go to some sort of fleet mark event. Maybe reward FMs for something that has never rewarded it in the past like exploration. Rational could be your fleet is sending its members out into the unknown reaches of the quadrant to bring back needed resources.
Yes, but since we already have multiple 2-hour fleet mark bonus event windows daily, those could simply be further fleshed out with better rewards and more missions to participate in while at the same time expanding the reputation bonus windows by dropping officer reports.