Lt. Commander
# 21 started download
01-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Just started the client download from fileplanet. 7.65 gb in 5 minutes according to the time left.....lol.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-11-2010, 04:51 PM
I am getting about 275kb per sec average from fileplanet so thats good enough for me

8 hours ish and counting.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogedei
... so when does the open beta begin? and by open. i mean open to the ones who were not chosen and cryptic's discretion or the ones that didn't pay money first. (if you don't get the angry sarcasm check your frakkin pulse.)

thats bullchit.
I haven't been chosen by anyone and haven't paid a single penny for this game yet - nor shall I until it is shipped to me at the start of February.

It's been stated multiple times that this open beta is open because it is:

A) Not covered by an NDA
B) Not limited to a selection of Cryptic's choosing - anyone can get a key - just not everyone.

If you couldn't/wouldn't put down a pre-order for it (though, that's not really an option any more), you can try your luck at getting in line in time when Cryptic starts handing them out on the website. But, the fact that pre-ordering got you an open beta key has been general knowledge for months - you really don't have the room to complain about the fact of it now, hours prior to it beginning.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-11-2010, 04:54 PM
I'm patching right now but it's a 10 gig patch. Should I just download the most recent client from Fileplant instead of the one I downloaded from Fileplanet a few days ago or is it the same thing?
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blixt
so in short i starts 1800:20100112 ? for the britts=)
You mean 12.01.2010
Thats how we "Britts" tell date.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel_Chekout
I am getting about 275kb per sec average from fileplanet so thats good enough for me

8 hours ish and counting.
i started at 450 kb average and now it is at about 240ish kb/sec
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Okay, it starts up at 10am PST. Here's a screenshot btw.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...1at35712PM.jpg

It's funny, I'm using the "0" build of the client and it says I don't need to patch and ready to play?
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogedei
... do you have to pre-order to get into the open beta?
For most, yes. But there were previously some other chances that I would assume are all used up now. I got mine by being a member of STARFLEET International, and I know some of the big MMO news sites had a few to give away. But you're most likely too late.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Can't realy call this an open beta....
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOak View Post
I haven't been chosen by anyone and haven't paid a single penny for this game yet - nor shall I until it is shipped to me at the start of February.

It's been stated multiple times that this open beta is open because it is:

A) Not covered by an NDA
B) Not limited to a selection of Cryptic's choosing - anyone can get a key - just not everyone.

If you couldn't/wouldn't put down a pre-order for it (though, that's not really an option any more), you can try your luck at getting in line in time when Cryptic starts handing them out on the website. But, the fact that pre-ordering got you an open beta key has been general knowledge for months - you really don't have the room to complain about the fact of it now, hours prior to it beginning.
In my past experience with beta-ing mmo's has been that open beta was open to everyone. The fact that you have to pretty much pay for a pre-order, or pay for a fileplanet account, or what not to get into an "open" beta is what might have the other poster upset.

I look forward to the game as well and I too will not be touching it unfortunately until its actual release, but I think that calling it an "open" beta is a bit misleading as having to pay money does not make it open, it just lets you play it a bit sooner than others.