Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,223
# 91
02-15-2013, 01:10 PM
I'd much rather the game's developers were busy actually working on, you know, developing the game. As opposed to answering 65 pages of rage on a message board. I think that would be far more productive. So frankly I'd rather Dan was kept out of this.

But that's just me.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 92
# 92
02-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
It's too much of a coincidence that the screenshot was released just one day after the fleet mark issue. In a way, Cryptic is trying to draw attention away from complaints about small fleets and the need for a quick replacement for the fleet mark rewards removed from IOR's. These are very legitimate concerns that new shinies aren't going to make go away. Anyways, I'm done commenting about that.

Back on topic: I will admit the ship looks amazing, but I do wish we had some new content to try it on.
Coincidence? Because it's the FRIDAY screenshot (which looks awesome BTW). Something Brandon has actually been pretty darn reliable about maintaining every week.

Illuminati!!!

Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 139
# 93
02-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Any chance we can also get the long-promised revamped Andoria social zone to go along w/ the Kumari? Give us a reason to use all our holiday gear again, maybe create some relay ice races (for fleet marks!) and give us our ushaan matches? My Andorian captain wants to come home, but currently has no reason to.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,261
# 94
02-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiant797 View Post
Coincidence? Because it's the FRIDAY screenshot (which looks awesome BTW). Something Brandon has actually been pretty darn reliable about maintaining every week.

Illuminati!!!
it could have been any screehshot, but they chose the shiney we've been waiting for since 2010 and before. Still not convinced. Want me to pass you my tin foil hat?
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,447
# 95
02-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
Can we PLEASE keep this particular thread related to the screenshot? I understand everyone's disappointment but, this thread is about the upcoming Andorian ship. Let's please keep it that way. There are plenty other threads to complain about the FM situation.

And onto the topic. Ship looks great! I too hope that keep the original skin for one of the variants.
I do see your point and, in most circumstances, I would agree with you.

Problem is, this latest change is affecting people globally. It is not just a small part of the game, it is a huge part of the game.

We have had no reply on the other thread for some time, so it is not surprising that some people are starting to find any platform to express their displeasure.

If we feel we are not being listened to, if we feel that the change was made with zero regard for the huge impact it makes on a majority of players, it is in everybodys best interests that this get addressed sooner rather than later.

It is literally breaking the game for many, many people......a shiny new ship, even one that is just being trotted out on an established schedule, just looks like an attempt to distract.

Trust has been broken, restoring that trust must be the highest priority.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 816
# 96
02-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Not to put too fine a point on it Bran, but a large portion of your playerbase is in open revolt, in no small part because of Stahl's statements. We've effectively been told that smaller fleets have zero hope of any tangible starbase progress, and that there will be no meaningful changes to fleet mark payouts prior to May.

Do you really want your message to your players be "come back in three months"?
It also has to do with the fact we've basically been told our play-style doesn't match their internal metrics... so we are being punished.

I will call for it again -- MORE fleet-mark and omega-mark grind content RIGHT NOW. Drop what you are currently working on, and generate some more maps for us to run.

Then we won't NEED daily-exploits. People stopped grinding because they are board to tears with the same missions --- the same STFs as well.



It comes down to this: WE WANT WAYS TO EARN MARKS -- you (cryptic) withholds them simply because we're not meeting some arbitrary point on a graph generated by someone who doesn't actually play the game long-term.

Then we were told to jump in the lake in regards to small fleets.


This on top of a "long weekend" with certain key features broke due to another poorly executed patch.



I'm going to sit back and see exactly how Cryptic pulls themselves out of this one. I don't think they can. This is basically the end of STO, starting now.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,238
# 97
02-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post


I'm going to sit back and see exactly how Cryptic pulls themselves out of this one. I don't think they can. This is basically the end of STO, starting now.
If Cryptic had a dime every time someone said that the game would be Free to do everything because they just make money off the royalties.


Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 816
# 98
02-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
If Cryptic had a dime every time someone said that the game would be Free to do everything because they just make money off the royalties.
This is actually the first time that the Producer has gone on public record telling us we are being punished for not meeting internal metrics. This is the first time he's publicly announced that internal metrics and datapoints are more important than the playerbase's wishes and feedback -- and that small fleets can jump in the lake because he doesn't consider them part of the overall picture.

Sure they've stumbled before -- but this time they stepped on a landmine. Dan should have had someone else post on his behalf. Someone much more diplomatic.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 99
02-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
We knew from last week the ship was going to show up today.
To be honest, I've had this shot planned for 2 weeks to be released today.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,881
# 100
02-15-2013, 01:48 PM
The all Andorian (plus an Andorian-looking android and an Aenar) crew that I created back when this ship was first rumored thanks you. Looks fantastic.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:38 PM.