Captain
# 51
02-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
Couldn't you have at least kept the look of the Enterprise one? Was it really that hard to leave it well enough alone? I mean, you did that for the vulcan ship for the most part. I've waited since I signed up for this ship it seems like. Looks like it got dipped in plastic and held over a flame...

This forum will not let me say a word that expresses my feelings at this moment, but its four letters long.
I am hoping this is a different skin option or something, and we will have the option to get a proper canon skin as well. Since we aren't going to know the details until next week, I am not getting my pitchfork and torches out until I know it will not be so.

Same for the Unique bridge, since I am pretty sure we saw the Andorian bridge in Enterprise. Then again, I remember so little about that series, I could be wrong. Again, holding off on the pitch forks and torches till next week.
Rihannsu
# 52
02-15-2013, 12:22 PM
So, is this the long-promised 'Broadside Battlecruiser'?
Captain
# 53
02-15-2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Thank god If they did make a KDF ship, I rather have a new design than a overgrown BOP.
So uh... you still say that after their new design with the Kamarag?
Career Officer
# 54
02-15-2013, 12:23 PM
If only I weren't such a stickler for Starfleet officers flying Starfleet ships...

I wouldn't have to roll a new Andorian to fly this ship. Cause it needs to be flown!

Anyway, I seem to recall them having already created the model for the original Kumari at a point quite a long time ago in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the original look included in the package. It's a pretty sweet ship either way, but I prefer the new hotness to old and busted. At least it shows the Andorians are still serious on defense. Unlike some people I could name. I won't point ears.
Reave
Captain
# 55
02-15-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Same for the Unique bridge, since I am pretty sure we saw the Andorian bridge in Enterprise. Then again, I remember so little about that series, I could be wrong.
I've actually been re-watching ST: ENT over the last several weeks (great special effects, so-so writing) and yeah there was a custom Kumari bridge. It had the standard "captain's chair, with two dudes sitting in front of a viewscreen in front of him" Star Trek setup, but it also had four other stations pretty close around the captain's chair where an officer would stand instead of sit.

THE ANDORIAN MINING CONSORTIUM RUNS FROM NO ONE.

Man, Shran ruled a lot.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 02-15-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 56
02-15-2013, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by direphoenix View Post
gah... and I *just* spent all my Zen on the Vesta 3-pack on Monday...
Same here, but I don't regret it. I need the vesta for zoom zoom around the galaxy and especially to make people jelly as I fly past them during tour the universe

Edit: Lol, I feel like like Dan and Brandon hit the emergency button yesterday (shortly after the fleet marks mob grew in size) that triggered a hole underneath their office chairs to open up which then shoots them down a tube into an emergency command center hooked up to computers ready to release sweet pics of new ships like the kumari.

Last edited by knuhteb5; 02-15-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 57
02-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
So uh... you still say that after their new design with the Kamarag?
Yep the Kamarag especially the fleet version is nice but that's my opinion and you're entiled to yours.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Rihannsu
# 58
02-15-2013, 12:32 PM
Given what Dan said a few Ask Cryptics ago, that Cryptic lost money on some of the KDF C-Store content they released because not enough people bought it, I don't think you're gonna see new KDF stuff in the c-store anytime soon.

KDF items will be relegated to the Kickstarter store. That way they can guage interest and do the costing math before going too far into production.

On the subject of the Andorian ship, she looks nice, would have bee better without the 'wings' though.
MikeWard1701 (Special Envoy)

facebook twitter Steam STOwiki Raptr - feel free to follow/friend me : )
Republic Veteran
# 59
02-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
I've actually been re-watching ST: ENT over the last several weeks (great special effects, so-so writing) and yeah there was a custom Kumari bridge. It had the standard "captain's chair, with two dudes sitting in front of a viewscreen in front of him" Star Trek setup, but it also had four other stations pretty close around the captain's chair where an officer would stand instead of sit.
http://www.ussgalaxy.net/Images/data...ian_Bridge.jpg

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Captain
# 60
02-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Are those DUAL HEAVY CANNONS/BEAMS pointed to port and starboard - near the front of the ship?