Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9
# 291
02-24-2013, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deusemperor View Post
So help all my enemies if my jhec had 5 forward weapons. I've learned how to cap it at 179 weapon power 90% of the time. KDF side I can get it to 206 because of plasmonic leech and maco shield (when it is proced.)

Question has anyone noticed missed up timings with 5 dhc? When I'm flying my andorian in pvp or pve it seems sometimes that the 5th dhc fires late and or just gets off rhythm. Maybe I'm seeing things but it just seems because of the short cooldowns of DHC weapons they seem to mess up a bit kind of like multiple torps.
lol maco will always proc and yes the 5th dhc does actually mess up. after testing it i understood what was being told to me.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,674
# 292
02-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Thats all nice, but the test sample was only 6 cycles. Not sure that's enough to make a statement about the average numbers.
it couldn't be more clear how linear the progression was wile he was overcaping. it made little difference compared to when he fired over 1000 shots at the other energy levels.

not to mention the effects in game are impossible not to notice. i can watch my energy levels wile auto fireing, they never drop as low as they would if i just shot for 125. meaning every shot is fired at higher energy levels. 125 is the maximum damage modifier, so every shot that doesn't drain below 125 is fired at the max of that 125 modifier. but instead of the worst shot firing at about 60 power, it fires at about 90.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,365
# 293
02-24-2013, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
it couldn't be more clear how linear the progression was wile he was overcaping. it made little difference compared to when he fired over 1000 shots at the other energy levels.

not to mention the effects in game are impossible not to notice. i can watch my energy levels wile auto fireing, they never drop as low as they would if i just shot for 125. meaning every shot is fired at higher energy levels. 125 is the maximum damage modifier, so every shot that doesn't drain below 125 is fired at the max of that 125 modifier. but instead of the worst shot firing at about 60 power, it fires at about 90.
Thats not how it works.

Normally if you have two beams they will fire like this begining at 125 power.

Beam A 1st Shot is at 125 power
Beam B 1st Shot is at 115 power
All remaining beam shots from both A and B are at 115 power

If you overcapped to 135 then it would be like thus.

Beam A fires all shots at 125 power
Beam B fires all shots at 115 power

How do I know this is true?
1) Tested it and the damage from the shots matched up close enough
2) It explains why over-capping works so well with beams vs cannons and why it does nothing for DHCs
3) It makes logical sense.
http://www.helpscout.net/75-customer...es-statistics/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 135
# 294
02-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
2) It explains why over-capping works so well with beams vs cannons and why it does nothing for DHCs
It does everything for dhcs!

1) Turrets use more power than dhcs and because of that dhc's will shoot at lower power levels. Over capping basically removes turret drain from the equation. Allowing DHCs to constantly hit (with my build) at 125 power.

2) It still helps with DHC's direct use of power also but not as much as it does for beams though it still helps.

3) IF your power is being drained over capping helps dhcs and turrets aka fighting against power drain builds or against plasmonic leech.

DontDrunkImShoot's aux2bat build really performs well with the jhec. Instead of epta I use eptw along side of epts.

So does using the andorian's original wing cannon with 4 dhcs work well with the timings?
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=490421 We want this help build support!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,753
# 295
02-24-2013, 01:48 PM
So many here are looking at this like something is wrong, that is simply not the case. Barring some launch bug still being active (which is sadly not out of the question, it IS Cryptic after all), beams are working as intended, drain and all. So why not simply ask for what you really want? Ask for Beams to get a damage buff. I don't think the game would break if Beams got a 5% dps boost.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,365
# 296
02-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deusemperor View Post
It does everything for dhcs!

1) Turrets use more power than dhcs and because of that dhc's will shoot at lower power levels. Over capping basically removes turret drain from the equation. Allowing DHCs to constantly hit (with my build) at 125 power.

2) It still helps with DHC's direct use of power also but not as much as it does for beams though it still helps.

3) IF your power is being drained over capping helps dhcs and turrets aka fighting against power drain builds or against plasmonic leech.

DontDrunkImShoot's aux2bat build really performs well with the jhec. Instead of epta I use eptw along side of epts.

So does using the andorian's original wing cannon with 4 dhcs work well with the timings?
In a standard setup the turrets fire after the DHCs so they are unimportant for DHC weapon power drain. If the guns get off cycle just stop shooting for half a second to reset it. DHCs do not all fire at 125 power with over-capping. The first one does the second fires at 113, third at 101 and so on. Turrets fire twice so half of their shots will be at the lowest power and they will see limited benefit from over-capping. All weapons do benefit from power drain resistance though. Also gaining energy during the firing cycle is funky.

IF you don't believe me do a simple test. Use 4 DHCs of different energy types and parse it. You will see.
http://www.helpscout.net/75-customer...es-statistics/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 135
# 297
02-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Quote:
DHCs do not all fire at 125 power with over-capping. The first one does the second fires at 113, third at 101 and so on.
K with the over capping I do the power level doesn't drop below 100, and that only happens when using crf or csv. Regular fire my weapons stays at 125 constant when firing. So how does it fire at lower values when the subsystem shows 125 when firing regularly?

Quote:
IF you don't believe me do a simple test. Use 4 DHCs of different energy types and parse it. You will see.
What does energy types have anything to do with this? To me you're saying that 4 identical cars just painted differently would make a difference.

Now I've parsed my stfs without doing aux2 bat and eptw and get 6-8k in ise. With using those powers I get 8-12k. SO overcapping is doing something for the dhcs. Because I doubt I get 4k more dps from turrets.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=490421 We want this help build support!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 120
# 298
02-25-2013, 02:21 AM
Beam Array Tests

Test Graph

Last edited by pug02; 02-25-2013 at 04:03 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 299
02-25-2013, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug02 View Post
Beam Array Tests

Test Graph
Nice data, but I'm not much happy about the numbers. Considering the current healing per second, no wonder beams simply do not cut through shields.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 120
# 300
02-25-2013, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Nice data, but I'm not much happy about the numbers. Considering the current healing per second, no wonder beams simply do not cut through shields.
No tactical consoles were used.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:57 PM.