Lieutenant
# 1 Jupiter class & Typhoon
02-16-2013, 09:41 PM
I saw these ships today and went to look for them to see how much they'd cost, only to find out we couldn't fly them. Why is that?
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
02-16-2013, 10:36 PM
because they arent available for players......why people would even want the Jupiter is beyond me as that thing is a VERY slow mobile base....from what ive seen lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Lieutenant
# 3
02-16-2013, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
because they arent available for players......why people would even want the Jupiter is beyond me as that thing is a VERY slow mobile base....from what ive seen lol
Looks like a beast, hopefully we get it as a C store item or something. With more weapon slots than the NPC versions do.
Career Officer
# 4
02-17-2013, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
Do not want.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Commander
# 5
02-17-2013, 01:02 AM
Geko said in his interview they are not going to be playabale. So don't expect them either. The Jupiter Class was also apparently made to get a fast dreadnaught out there, so thats why it looks like a bathtub with nacelles :p
T5 Ship Comparison Spreadsheet
Play my missions on Holodeck!
Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
02-17-2013, 02:03 AM
hahaha thats what i see the jupiter as also lol

as for the typhoon....seems more like an oddessy (or other equivalent) would be a better choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 7
02-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Q: (cylon74656) Will the Steamrunner Class be available for those of us who don?t play through Steam? And also, when will we see the Typhoon Class playable in-game?

Dstahl: The Steamrunner Class is a Steam exclusive, so it will not be available in the C-Store. However, you do not need to play through Steam in order to purchase this item. If you have a Steam Account you can purchase the item through Steam and claim it in game without needing to play STO through the Steam client.

The Typhoon Class is a dreadnaught that will most likely not appear as a playable ship until we increase the skill point cap to full Admiral. Even then, we haven?t yet decided if this will be a player ship, but we can be convinced to make it so if there is enough support for it.

From Ask Cryptic, December 14th, 2012
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.

Lieutenant
# 8
02-17-2013, 02:21 PM
In the interview with Al Riviera he essentially said the Typhoon and Jupiter were quickied. They were never and still not in consideration for player use. That's from the homepage.
Captain
# 9
02-17-2013, 04:07 PM
I would love to see the Typhoon Class. That is one ship I would love to buy and use.
Lieutenant
# 10
02-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Well I support the Jupiter class seems the only other ship I really want is a 1000 day veteran or life time subscription.