Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 809
I don't remember whose signature it is, but someone floating around on these forums has a signature saying "Balance: Coming soon(tm) since Season 1.2." This is true. This game needs a HUGE balance pass (big enough to warrant it as a Season). Tactical Officers reign supreme, you get laughed at if you're not flying an Escort, and PvE is the biggest and least funny joke since "Where's Sulu." This is bad. So, let's take a look at some of the BIGGEST sticking points. I won't get to ALL of them, clearly, there are FAR too many. If there IS something I miss, feel free to speak up. Feedback on these changes is also welcome.

CONTENTS
Section 1: Space Ships
  • Subsection 1: Intro
  • Subsection 2: Cruisers
  • Subsection 3: Escorts
  • Subsection 4: Science Vessels
  • Subsection 5: General Ship Improvements
Section 2: Class Rebalance
  • Subsection 1: Intro
  • Subsection 2: Science Officers
  • Subsection 3: Engineering Officers
  • Subsection 4: Tactical Officers

SECTION ONE: SPACE SHIPS
Subsection One: Intro
There is the MASSIVE discrepancy in ship classes. Unless you can set up a build and equipment set that shatters the game, or if you're really sentimental about a specific ship class, you fly an Escort. There's two big reasons for this:
1: Cruisers and Science Vessels are incredibly underpowered because of their BOff setups, turn rate, or weapon loading capability.
2: The raw power of stacking DHCs and Cannon powers turns the game into a game of look at an enemy, blink, and wonder where they and their 20 friends had gone to.
There are a few ways this could be fixed. The summary is to either buff Cruisers and Sci Ships or nerf Escorts. But I've never seen anyone propose the smartest idea: Both. If you JUST buff Cruisers/Scis, everything in the game becomes super broken powerful and nothing has meaning. If you JUST nerf Escorts, they'll be worthless, no one will play them, and everyone will complain because there will be no fun left. So, do both, but only half as much. Cruisers and Sci Ships become more fun to play, Escorts don't break the universe, and everyone complains less. Let's dive in.
Subsection Two: Cruisers
I'll start with my personal favorite ship type: Cruisers. These have been the subject of many a speculative balance suggestion here. I'm particularly fond of the suggestion having to do with a Beam rework (which would add Heavy Beam Arrays and Dual Heavy Beam Banks - See This Thread; and its Sequel), since it ties in well with my Escort nerf. But, that wouldn't be the end of my buff schedule. There needs to be a type of beam array on par with Dual Heavy Cannons (and subject to the restrictions that I'll go into in great detain in the Escort sub-section). Since this would also benefit Science Vessels to some extent, this helps there (though not as much). Also up to bat is a simple one: A global 10% buff to the turn rate of all Cruisers. Many are too slow, and several starships (namely the Armitage and the Vesta) are just as big as some Cruisers and turn 2-3 times as well. They are simply TOO slow to be effective.
Subsection Three: Escorts
Next is the Escort nerf. I choose to write this second because my solution for Science Vessels is more complex than just Science Vessels (since the big issue with them is that Science BOff powers are underpowered as well). The big problem with Escorts is the Dual Heavy Cannons. They're way over-the-top. Escorts would not be NEARLY as broken without them. Well, that's kind of what I want. I'm not removing DHCs, mind you. But, they ARE getting hit. First, I'm proposing a 5% reduction in their damage. Doesn't sound bad,because that's not the worst one. Second, and far larger, I'm proposing a cap on the number of Dual Cannons/Dual Heavy Cannons per ship - 2 per vessel (1 DHC and 1 DC, or 2 DCs, or 2 DHCs - Quad Cannons count towards the DHC limit). This prevents ships from quadrupling DHCs (or using 3 and a torp) and ravaging ships as hard, while making Cannon powers still relevant. Note, Single Cannons and Turrets do NOT count towards that limit, as they can be mounted on any ship (I know a guy that ran a MEAN DP-Odyssey with Single Cannons). This reduces the damage on Escorts, but not so much so that they're useless while, but the same token, the aforementioned Heavy Beams (which, as I said, would be restricted to the same equip limits as the DCs/DHCs - 2 per ship) increase the other ship types' damage.
Subsection Four: Science Vessels
Third up is Science Vessels. Since the Heavy Beams and Dual Beams are non-Escort weapons (Escorts cannot use them, other classes can), their damage has been buffed by the above. Problem is, that's not the biggest issue with Science Vessels. The biggest issue is Science BOff powers (which needs a revamp - others have called for it, the devs agreed, and it goes nowhere). This sub-section is devoted to my ideas for those revamps. I'll start with the BOff power that no one knows exists (it's that useless) - Photonic Officer. Right now, it reduces BOff cooldowns. That's all. The cooldown is 3 minutes, the recharge speedup is worthless (BOff powers have low cooldowns as-is). It does NOTHING else. So, I want to buff it and make it a viable alternative. The complete rework is just that: Complete. The essence is still the same, but now it's useful. The buff duration is the same (60 seconds), but the cooldown goes down to 120 seconds (Same as RSP). It now affects ALL cooldowns (Captain and Console powers included), as well as doing a Crew (increasing base hull repair) and Crew Regen buff. The cooldown reduction would go up to 20/30/40% for I/II/III (now it's 19/24/28%) and would go up to 25/33/50% with maxed Photonic skills. This is designed to make it useful, far more than it is now, and to be viable in combat. Next is the secondleast popular Science power: Charged Particle Burst. Basically, my new version of this is a boosted damage variant with a damage resistance debuff tacked on. This change would also translate into the Antiproton Sweep power, slightly amplified (because it's all 360 in a 90-degree firing arc, and because you have to use specific equipment to get it). That's all I've thought up, but there are more that could be done.
Subsection 5: General Ship Improvements
Finally is a component that I've thrown around before: Shuttlebays. Basically, this is a hangar rework. This idea is evolved from last I put it on the forums. Now, all hangar pets can only support one wing per hangar (as opposed to two now). Current Cruisers would then get two more Hangar slots (Heavy Escort Carriers up to 3, Carriers to 4), then adding 2 for the Cruisers and 1 for the Science Vessels, allowing them to use their shuttlebays for support. As each hangar can now only use 1 wing, Carriers lose nothing, but Cruisers/Science Vessels get a bit more ability (considering they're big enough to have a full shuttelbay or two), and HECs get a small buff. This allows the non-Escorts, which would already be buffed a little, to be on-par with Escorts, albeit with a different set-up, while reducing the increase in "pet spam."

SECTION TWO: CLASS REBALANCE
Subsection One: Intro
By far the most popular character class is the Tactical Officer. This, as I see it, is for a number of reasons. First, Tactical Officer powers are incredibly powerful (ground AND space). Second, Science Officers, when you see them, can't come up to par with either of the others (which saddens me, I love my Science Officers). Third is that Engineers, while fun, simply don't have the power to come up to par. However, before I cover the rebalance, I'm going to touch on a semi-related change which is simply a common sense thing: The Romulan Featured Mission "Coliseum." The career-specific objectives for Tactical and Engineering would be swapped. Engineers build the fire, Tactical officers go hunting. It makes no sense how it is now. How are Engineers better hunters and Tactical Officers better at building a fire? So, this is a simple content swap. Now that my half-tyrade on that is over, let's jump into class rebalance.
Subsection Two: Science Officers
I start with Science Officers because they are near and dear to me.My main character, my oldest character, is my Fed Science Officer (see my signature). They have the potential to be a lot of fun, but it's not there. In the current state of the game, the only kit worthwhile is the Medic kit for two reasons. First is that the other Science Kits are... well, underpowered. The debuffs aren't strong, there's no damage power, and non-Heal powers have longer cooldowns. Second, and possibly BECAUSE of the first, if you're not healer as a Sci, you get yelled at in all situations. "Why are you not healing us?" "I'm not a healer." "WHY NOT?!" "Because I don't want to be." "TOO BAD. HEAL US." It's awful. So, Science Officers need to get a buff. A big buff. With damage. I don't really know how to do this, but it needs to be done. Also, some of their Captain powers needs to be looked at (Sonic Pulse does NOTHING, I've tested it, many of the others aren't worth the time).
Subsection Three: Engineering Officers
Engineers are fun. There's no denying that. Turrets and mortars and gens oh MY! But, there's a problem with this. All of their damage is positional, and most of their support powers (Equipment Diagnostics, Quick Fix, and especially Combat Supply) are next to worthless. In PvP, it's hard to lure players. In PvE, it's next to IMPOSSIBLE. The AI is more eager to get stuck in a wall. So, I'd like some ability to take their traps on the go. In space, their powers are mostly self-support. While this is great for tanks and SOME DPS builds (Engineer Escorts are actually kinda powerful, and not as squishy). There is, however, some room for a little bit of more direct offensive power. However, at least in space, I'd have to say Engineers are probably the best balanced of them all.
Subsection Four: Tactical Officers
I like my "Tactical" Officers. I so much as look at an enemy wrong and I wonder where it went and why there'sonly a dust cloud where he had been. This is a ton of fun. But it's FAR too easy. A fully buffed Tactical DP-Escort can LITERALLY one-volley-kill NPCs (I hear players take an extra two or three volleys). Playing a Tactical Officer in this game is saying "I don't feel like having a challenge. Let's just kill stuff." That's no good. A game isn't fun if it's easy. Also, it's becoming less and less TACTICAL and more brute force smash-em-ups. Tactical Officers should be more tactical. Right now, the only tactic is "FIRE EVERYTHING." So, I say Tacs need a rework to make them live up to the namesake. They could get a BIT of a nerf, since they ARE a little too over-the-top, but mostly it's the fact that there's too much brute force. You're a Tactical Officer, not an Assault Squad Officer.

So, feedback? Questions? Comments? Speak. I listen.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)

Last edited by icegavel; 02-16-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7
# 2
02-15-2013, 10:31 PM
I agree completely! I hate that I'm in a huge ship and I can get owned by a little/medium escort...that balance is just wrong. Could the defiant destroy sulu's excelsior? NO, so why in sto is this the case?

Makes me ill when I'm in my huge carrier firing beams or cannons in short bursts at a nanite probe and along comes an escort firing what looks like a hail storm in Alaska!

As you said "the balance is all wrong"!!!!!!
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,616
# 3
02-15-2013, 10:38 PM
Ha some one liked my thread. I made another which did slightly better, links in the op.

On to your thread.

I'm not entirely convinced that simply limiting high powered weapons will have the desired effect. Firstly because pve things have enormous amounts of hp and even with all escorts it can take time, and secondly I believe that it isn't the damage an escort can do that maked is so good, its also that they are so surviveable. If the other ships were brought up to this standard it would probably go farther than reducing the escort.

I also still think that cannons are pure damage weapons, but beams should have always been a more utility weapon, axe vs sword kind of thinking. mwhile I did origionalt suggedst some heavier beam weapons I startred thinking maybe if beams did something special they could be more useful.

Hence giving them innate shield penetration.

I also think the basic boff powers need a look. at ensign level engineers really get shafter and tac doesn't come out much better in terms of choices. And that perhaps each tree should have at least one of each kind of power (heal,damage,controll).


Other than that good luck and hope you have a fire extinguisher.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 809
# 4
02-15-2013, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
Ha some one liked my thread. I made another which did slightly better, links in the op.

On to your thread.

I'm not entirely convinced that simply limiting high powered weapons will have the desired effect. Firstly because pve things have enormous amounts of hp and even with all escorts it can take time, and secondly I believe that it isn't the damage an escort can do that maked is so good, its also that they are so surviveable. If the other ships were brought up to this standard it would probably go farther than reducing the escort.

I also still think that cannons are pure damage weapons, but beams should have always been a more utility weapon, axe vs sword kind of thinking. mwhile I did origionalt suggedst some heavier beam weapons I startred thinking maybe if beams did something special they could be more useful.

Hence giving them innate shield penetration.

I also think the basic boff powers need a look. at ensign level engineers really get shafter and tac doesn't come out much better in terms of choices. And that perhaps each tree should have at least one of each kind of power (heal,damage,controll).


Other than that good luck and hope you have a fire extinguisher.
I always do, in my inventory. Good little utility item. I expect quite a bit of flame. But, some hard steps must be taken. Game imbalance is like a cancer. This cancer has been growing for too long. The only option is a harsh, surgical removal.

As for your thoughts on damage, as I said in the OP, just buffing the other ships doesn't do it. Once everything gets buffed, something even buffer comes out, and it spirals up indefinitely. That's not healthy. There needs to be a bit of a tone down, or everything goes to heck. I agree that they need the buffs (hence the special beams and the shuttlebays), but JUST buffing them is going after the cancer with a steroid injection instead of a controlled removal. Making a cancer bigger doesn't fix it.

However, you ARE right about one thing. BOff Ensign slots get shafted a lot. I have a DPS build running 3 copies of Tac Team because there are no other abilities in Ensign Tac that I want (straight cannons, so no Beams, and all of my Torp powers are higher up). So there does need to be a rework. Like I said, in the end, a genuine balance pass would probably be a Season-level release.

And one last thing, I tried the link you mentioned, the one in your OP. It doesn't work. Broken link.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)

Last edited by icegavel; 02-15-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,616
# 5
02-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
I always do, in my inventory. Good little utility item. I expect quite a bit of flame. But, some hard steps must be taken. Game imbalance is like a cancer. This cancer has been growing for too long. The only option is a harsh, surgical removal.

As for your thoughts on damage, as I said in the OP, just buffing the other ships doesn't do it. Once everything gets buffed, something even buffer comes out, and it spirals up indefinitely. That's not healthy. There needs to be a bit of a tone down, or everything goes to heck. I agree that they need the buffs (hence the special beams and the shuttlebays), but JUST buffing them is going after the cancer with a steroid injection instead of a controlled removal. Making a cancer bigger doesn't fix it.

However, you ARE right about one thing. BOff Ensign slots get shafted a lot. I have a DPS build running 3 copies of Tac Team because there are no other abilities in Ensign Tac that I want (straight cannons, so no Beams, and all of my Torp powers are higher up). So there does need to be a rework. Like I said, in the end, a genuine balance pass would probably be a Season-level release.

And one last thing, I tried the link you mentioned, the one in your OP. It doesn't work. Broken link.
Fixed that, forgot a bunch of threads got merged. And I was meaning that the escorts current balance on durability and damage should be somthing every one has, as it is lots of ships have more survivability but no one has near the same damage ability (even given cannons), and since simply surviving wont win a fight everyone needs to be able to dish it out as well as take it (with in reason).

It has also been suggested that the console boosts may be at fault, since damage boosting consoles suffer no diminishing returns but everything else does.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,691
# 6
02-15-2013, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post

Lots of well meaning but ultimately very uninformed and not well thought out ideas........
If any changes were to be made to rebalance ships or classes it would HAVE to be to make them all equal as far as damage dealing and survival were concerned. The only difference then would be their window dressing/gimmicks, ie: how they go about doing things.

But that's not what you're proposing, tbh I don't think you really understand what you're proposing. I could not get thru your entire post, after a while I just had to stop reading. Its like you just put together all the worse suggestions and made a go at it.

That said I expect a lot of "me too" and "yay, I agree!!" posts will be made by people that similarly do not understand but feel helpless to improve their game performance. People asking for a total rebalance without an idea of how the game was designed (or is currently being designed, there are some hints the game was originally designed to work a little differently in space and ground).

Makes me glad I decided to stop feeling put upon and got around to learn the basics so my builds stopped being terribad. Even my terribad builds have flair these days (I miss my Rainbow Space Whale, holding agro and loling at cubes while out-dpsing the baddie escorts FTW!)
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,184
# 7
02-15-2013, 11:56 PM
First of all, OP I don't think the state of balance in this game is quite as bad as you say. I find I have the ability with all three of my mains (Fed Tac, KDF Eng, Fed Sci) to take any ship into any situation and a) complete the mission, b) be useful to my team (if teamed) and c) have fun. My Eng and obviously the Tac both also manage to not die as often as the enemy when PvPing. This is without fleet or lockbox ships and less-then-optimal gear and builds.

That said, a little bit of balancing would go a long way toward cutting down that irritating whine that reverbrates through the forum, increasing at least the diversity of ships in PvP and STFs, and improving the overall quality of the game.

I agree with the OPs plan by and large. Its all very... logical. Comments follow on specific points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
Subsection 2: Cruisers
I'm particularly fond of the suggestion having to do with a Beam rework (which would add Heavy Beam Arrays and Dual Heavy Beam Banks - see this thread
I hadn't seen that before, but now that I have I'm fond of it too.

Quote:
Also up to bat is a simple one: A global 10% buff to the turn rate of all Cruisers.
I honestly don't think 10% is enough. Taking everyone's favorite ship-o-fail, the Galaxy Retro as an example, +10% of 6 = 6.6; that's an improvement, but it's so marginal its difficult to even notice. +25% to turn rate is more reasonable, I think.

Quote:
Subsection Three: Escorts
I'm proposing a cap on the number of Dual Cannons/Dual Heavy Cannons per ship - 2 per vessel (1 DHC and 1 DC, or 2 DCs, or 2 DHCs - Quad Cannons count towards the DHC limit). This prevents ships from quadrupling DHCs (or using 3 and a torp) and ravaging ships as hard, while making Cannon powers still relevant.
I love this idea, I really do. I never fly my escorts with all cannons in solo PvE, because I want my ships to fight like ships and not like WWII fighter planes.

This would go a very long way to bringing competitive balance to PvP, and making Space STFs actually challenging again. Also it would eliminate the truly horrifying prospect of the Andorian Kumari possibly bringing FIVE DHCs to bear...

Quote:
Subsection Four: Science Vessels
The biggest issue is Science BOff powers...
I don't know about this one. Your photonic officer proposal sounds an awful lot like Tactical Initiative with a crew buff - might be too much. Charged Particle Burst sounds good. Maybe give a little bump to Grav Well and Tychen's Rift while were at it.

Quote:
Subsection 5: General Ship Improvements
Finally is a component that I've thrown around before: Shuttlebays. Basically, this is a hangar rework. This idea is evolved from last I put it on the forums. Now, all hangar pets can only support one wing per hangar (as opposed to two now). Current Cruisers would then get two more Hangar slots (Heavy Escort Carriers up to 3, Carriers to 4), then adding 2 for the Cruisers and 1 for the Science Vessels, allowing them to use their shuttlebays for support. As each hangar can now only use 1 wing, Carriers lose nothing, but Cruisers/Science Vessels get a bit more ability (considering they're big enough to have a full shuttelbay or two), and HECs get a small buff.
My Armitage and I will thank you. And I like the idea of hangar pets for all. But could we please limit fightercraft (Peregrines, Stalkers, Scorps, To'Dujs and Orion Interceptors) to Carriers and HECs?

Also I suspect Carrier drivers won't be happy about getting no bump, but there's no pleasing some people. (Maybe the Atrox and Vo'Quv can have five hangars?)

Quote:
SECTION TWO: CLASS REBALANCE
Subsection One: Intro
I'm going to touch on a semi-related change which is simply a common sense thing: The Romulan Featured Mission "Coliseum." The career-specific objectives for Tactical and Engineering would be swapped. Engineers build the fire, Tactical officers go hunting. It makes no sense how it is now. How are Engineers better hunters and Tactical Officers better at building a fire?
It made perfect sense to me, as my Tac officer is basically a Mexican Will Riker (raised by an outdoorsy single dad, very big on survival training) and my Eng is a Gorn (who looks at every mammal and thinks "I wonder what that tastes like?") But I realize of course I'm the outlier.

It does not make sense for 99.99995% of players; they should be switched.

Quote:
Subsection One: Science Officers
the only kit worthwhile is the Medic kit for two reasons. First is that the other Science Kits are... well, underpowered. The debuffs aren't strong, there's no damage power, and non-Heal powers have longer cooldowns. Second, and possibly BECAUSE of the first, if you're not healer as a Sci, you get yelled at in all situations. "Why are you not healing us?" "I'm not a healer." "WHY NOT?!" "Because I don't want to be." "TOO BAD. HEAL US." It's awful. So, Science Officers need to get a buff. A big buff. With damage. I don't really know how to do this, but it needs to be done. Also, some of their Captain powers needs to be looked at (Sonic Pulse does NOTHING, I've tested it, many of the others aren't worth the time).
Personally I like the Analyst kit. It's sort of a jack-of-all trades kit with a nice AOE heal (Triage) a cone KB/shield drain (Tachyon Pulse) a placate grenade (Anesthezine Gas) and AOE KB/Kinetic dmg (Sonic Pulse - which works just fine for me.)

My favorite tactic for dealing with NPC mobs is to lob the gas grenade from max range (first setting my away team to passive so they don't shoot them and brieak the placate effect), rush 'em, hit them with tach pulse once I'm close enough, get in the middle of the mob and use the Ophidian cane (mostly because its hilarious watching Borg or Tholians or whatever levitate - also it takes a few seconds so I set the away team back to normal at this point) and as soon as they hit the ground send them flying with sonic pulse (also hilarious.) My away team picks off the weakest baddies very quickly, and I whip out my trusty romulan pistol or nanopulse lirpa and take out the leaders.

One thing I'd like to see for Sci officers is an innate buff to energy damage resistance. Maybe a damage buff to some of the skills in the Physicist kit.


Quote:
Subsection Two: Engineering Officers
Engineers are fun. There's no denying that. Turrets and mortars and gens oh MY! But, there's a problem with this. All of their damage is positional, and most of their support powers (Equipment Diagnostics, Quick Fix, and especially Combat Supply) are next to worthless. In PvP, it's hard to lure players. In PvE, it's next to IMPOSSIBLE. The AI is more eager to get stuck in a wall. So, I'd like some ability to take their traps on the go.
Mortars are completely useless. It takes the shells so long to reach their target he's probably already dead by the time the shell arrives. At the least he's moved away. Best case scenario, someone else has wandered into the splash damage circle. I'd like mortars to have a much shorter fire-to-impact interval, more like grenade launchers.

Support powers do need to be revamped. Combat supply might as well be scrapped altogether. Even if someone on my away team does manage to burn through all 20 of their shield charges, I have a replicator button in my inventory to get them more.

And NPCs can be lured if you have a good tough Tac BOff with Draw Fire. After you've planted your mines and bombs and turrets (Cover Shield is useful here to funnel them into the kill zone) send your tac running up to the NPCs, click Draw Fire and have him high-tail it back. The NPCs will follow him right into your trap.

Quote:
Subsection Three: Tactical OfficersAlso, it's becoming less and less TACTICAL and more brute force smash-em-ups. Tactical Officers should be more tactical. Right now, the only tactic is "FIRE EVERYTHING." So, I say Tacs need a rework to make them live up to the namesake. They could get a BIT of a nerf, since they ARE a little too over-the-top, but mostly it's the fact that there's too much brute force. You're a Tactical Officer, not an Assault Squad Officer.
I don't know that there's a way to do this without making the AI much smarter. Outsmarting the enemy is even easier than outgunning them. But it takes longer.



Great suggestions overall. I just hope the powers-that-be will read this.


"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

An Introduction to the Gorn (RP guide) / Ten Forward Fanfics
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,616
# 8
02-15-2013, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
If any changes were to be made to rebalance ships or classes it would HAVE to be to make them all equal as far as damage dealing and survival were concerned. The only difference then would be their window dressing/gimmicks, ie: how they go about doing things.

But that's not what you're proposing, tbh I don't think you really understand what you're proposing. I could not get thru your entire post, after a while I just had to stop reading. Its like you just put together all the worse suggestions and made a go at it.

That said I expect a lot of "me too" and "yay, I agree!!" posts will be made by people that similarly do not understand but feel helpless to improve their game performance. People asking for a total rebalance without an idea of how the game was designed (or is currently being designed, there are some hints the game was originally designed to work a little differently in space and ground).

Makes me glad I decided to stop feeling put upon and got around to learn the basics so my builds stopped being terribad. Even my terribad builds have flair these days (I miss my Rainbow Space Whale, holding agro and loling at cubes while out-dpsing the baddie escorts FTW!)
And thus, the first flame was thrown.......


Really though your post says nothing other than "I assume you feel this way because you suck."

This is not constructive.

You could ask "why do you feel about this the way you do?" or say "I disagree because....."

And theres always keeping silent. You are bound to find those in the world you do not agree with, and if you can't pose a constructive reason why they are wrong or why you are right then you are never going to get anywhere.


And take heart! If you are right nothing would change because those with the power to change agree with you. However if things do change its because you were wrong, and I hope it doesent hurt too badly if you are.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,184
# 9
02-16-2013, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post

But that's not what you're proposing, tbh I don't think you really understand what you're proposing. I could not get thru your entire post, after a while I just had to stop reading. Its like you just put together all the worse suggestions and made a go at it.
"Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art." - disposeableh3r0


"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

An Introduction to the Gorn (RP guide) / Ten Forward Fanfics
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,705
# 10
02-16-2013, 12:06 AM
I will happily deny that Engineers are fun. I find them dull.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:43 PM.