Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 11
02-16-2013, 02:00 PM
Helpful..but still a bug that should be quashed. Ten bucks says we get another lockbox header before we get a bug report.
Join Date. Dec 2007
The Original Novastar
Career Officer
# 12
02-17-2013, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelley View Post
Then wait until you queue patiently for an STF and have a "bug" kick you out during the loading screen when server times out on you.

Or have to start a mission over again 3 or 4 times due to the same load screen timeout.

Or in fact get kicked at random anytime a load screen appears then have to restart the game just to log back in.

Bugs are not endearing, they are costing the game players, and therefore income.

And just like an old car, when it starts costing too much, you scrap it at the junkyard and get something else.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

notice the wink at the end of what I said
Career Officer
# 13
02-18-2013, 12:46 AM
Still nothing...and no updates from cryptic. Go figure.
Join Date. Dec 2007
The Original Novastar
Ensign
# 14
02-18-2013, 09:01 AM
I have been getting the no turn after dying as well, I thought it was something i was doing.
Career Officer
# 15
02-18-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
I know what causes this. It happens when you die and have an enemy targeted. If you don't untarget the enemy while you are dead, when you respawn your ship will home in on the target like its some kind of heat-seaking missile. You can't turn the ship and it will just fly straight towards that target. You can regain control by un-targeting whatever you were fighting.

I want you to know this bug really frustrated me for the longest time. There was this one time in a Fleet Alert when a Recluse blew me up and when I respawned I tried to gain control by using evasive maneuvers. My ship shot right into the recluse and stuck to it like we were attached with glue. I died again when the Recluse blew up and I'm like "WTF!?"

I was so happy to figure out how to stop it. lol
Tapping the escape button once or twice normally unlocks this problem but Yes these should be fixable
Commander
# 16
02-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Don't forget that more than 1/2 of the ship shields in game are broke and don't regen as they should. Only the "regenerative shield" and plain Jane "Shield" types actually regen correctly.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Well, I asked my wife why she's looking for a new game, after I just got her to try this one with me. Her answer was not focused as much on the boff bug making her unable to play (which did piss her off, don't get me wrong) but more the complete lack of anything resembling a good customer service experience when she tried to get support for it and the fact that there has been nothing other than a "we'll see what we can do" and useless popup with bad information (No guys, changing sectors does NOT always work, stop making it look like a minor bug with a simple workaround...we're not as stupid as you seem to think we are.).

Good job.
Ensign
# 18
02-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiplyrustic View Post
Well, I asked my wife why she's looking for a new game, after I just got her to try this one with me. Her answer was not focused as much on the boff bug making her unable to play (which did piss her off, don't get me wrong) but more the complete lack of anything resembling a good customer service experience when she tried to get support for it and the fact that there has been nothing other than a "we'll see what we can do" and useless popup with bad information (No guys, changing sectors does NOT always work, stop making it look like a minor bug with a simple workaround...we're not as stupid as you seem to think we are.).

Good job.
If your wife finds a new game I'd appreciate a heads up as I am just about ready to abandon ship myself. I am really disgusted with Cryptic's lack of any real response over this issue. Indeed, they fail to respond satisfactorily to any issue that impacts their players' enjoyment of the game. I despise the fact that they are happy to respond to issues that they believe are favorable to them, and do so with a smile, but anything that makes a game unplayable they just don't care.
Career Officer
# 19
02-19-2013, 07:18 PM
I've had almost every bug from that initial list happen to me and then some. the major two for me currently are that my as said before fleet chat is repeatedly going missing, but add on top of that for me it's not just my fleet chat. I could lose up to 4-5 of my channels, maybe have zone or local left. I basically lose all ability to communicate in game which is extremely frustrating.

and the other is this bloody 2 min cool down on all abilities including weapons. this has cost me and 4 other unfortunate people to be teamed with me to lose several STFs due to me not being able to do a dam thing at critical moments where I'd otherwise have been able to.

these are only a small few to the list of problems I've been having but of course the other big one is every time I submit an in game support ticket it says submitted then seems to disappear instantly as if I never made one.

Cryptic or PWE whoever the hell handles the game at this point you need to stop focusing on these bloody lock boxes and FIX the things that players desperately need to have a good and enjoyable *playable* experience. it's both disgusting and disturbing the lack of attention to mechanics and the players themselves this game has received in recent months and more appalling that the staff of this game feel that's acceptable.

I've tried very hard over these last few months not to complain about the state but it's just hit that point where I don't even do anything active in the game any more. just try and help my fleet mates with workarounds to problems when I am able to speak in game.

and should an admin or staff see this and I'm not trying to sound like an elitist when I say this but I'm a lifetime subscriber. How in the hell have I been booted as a silver player for "priority login"? please explain.
Formerly:
Jagged_Jade on the forums
Career Officer
occasionally when fighting in STOs lately i have been getting a 2 min timers on all my ability's, this is aggravating when trying to fight in any mission.

also when this happens i have no use of the impulse engines.

so i am forced to do nothing ,no way to help for 2 min.

today this happened in STO Kitohmer elite more than 6 times.

Can anyone explain this problem.

or if anyone else is having same issues.

Almost unplayable...............