Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,293
# 11
02-16-2013, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
Ask cryptic has confirmed that 5 fore weapons are next in the line so doesn't matter what we think

I'd rather have 10 fore weapons than more I hold you in place for 200 seconds cheese consoles for gods sake
I can tell you with all certainty - if Cryptic start dishing out 5+ tac console factional ships, and on top of that 5 fore weapon slot ships to only one faction, name the Feds - they will be grievously harming viable cross-factional PvP.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,669
# 12
02-16-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
Ask cryptic has confirmed that 5 fore weapons are next in the line so doesn't matter what we think

I'd rather have 10 fore weapons than more I hold you in place for 200 seconds cheese consoles for gods sake
They said they have a *ship* coming...doesn't mean its going to be the Andorian ship and I would say won't be or they might have said *ships*.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,005
# 13
02-16-2013, 06:12 PM
You know, judging by the window sizes, the Andorian escort looks pretty big -- maybe close in size to the Chimera, if not larger (which doesn't actually mesh well with its depiction in Enterprise, but hey...).

This could be a Broadside escort that they've talked about before. It would break the weapons rule they talked about in the Ask Cryptic without putting 5 weapons up front.
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,621
# 14
02-16-2013, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
You know, judging by the window sizes, the Andorian escort looks pretty big -- maybe close in size to the Chimera, if not larger (which doesn't actually mesh well with its depiction in Enterprise, but hey...).
It's not the actual ship from ST:ENT - that would make this boat over 250 years old for God's sake. It's a new class inspired by the ENT-era Kumari.

It will be game-breaking overpowered and I will buy the set because I feed off of hatred.

"The Snowmenz Are Coming! The Snowmenz Are Coming!!"

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,005
# 15
02-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
It's not the actual ship from ST:ENT - that would make this boat over 250 years old for God's sake. It's a new class inspired by the ENT-era Kumari.

It will be game-breaking overpowered and I will buy the set because I feed off of hatred.
Well the Vulcans have apparently been fielding the same ship for that long, at least.

It's probably not going to be a set, though. I'd wager this ship will be a singular purchase with 9 console slots, with a Fleet version coming out for Tier V shipyards about three months down the line.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 32
# 16
02-16-2013, 07:43 PM
if it has 5 forward weapon hardpoints it would automatically invalidate all previous escort ships. There's no arguing this, 1 extra DHC front = almost 3 turrets. It wouldn't even need to have any rear weapons.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,005
# 17
02-16-2013, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusima View Post
if it has 5 forward weapon hardpoints it would automatically invalidate all previous escort ships. There's no arguing this, 1 extra DHC front = almost 3 turrets. It wouldn't even need to have any rear weapons.
It may well not have any aft weapon slots, if it has high maneuverability and 5 fore weapon slots.

If it comes out with Com Tac, Lt. Com Tac, Lt. Eng, Lt. Sci, and Ens. Sci (or a universal), with 5 Tactical Console slots, it could easily be one of the most desirable ships in the game.

Unless it comes out with Fleet stats, though, it'll probably only have 4 Tac console slots.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,351
# 18
02-16-2013, 11:06 PM
I was under the impression, from previous discussions, that the game engine couldn't handle 5 weapons per arc, front or rear. Did this change all of a sudden?

If this is the case and they can expand past 4 FA and 4 RA. All of the ships before this ship would most likely be rendered ineffective, including high level Fleet Ships. I don't think that passes the smell test. Now if they introduced Tier 6 ships and started adding a 5th gun at the next rank, that would be believable. But to put out this ship with that much firepower would almost invalidate building Fleet Starbases and buying Fleet Ships.

Last edited by whamhammer1; 02-16-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 184
# 19 reply
02-17-2013, 12:25 AM
if it does come with 5 front weapons i am guessing the fith weapon slot wouldn't be a slot but a fixed weapon system like the phaser lance. my gues would be some form of advanced rapid fire or burst fire torpedo sytem shince super phasers have been done on like three different ships already but a wide beam version of the doomsday antiproton beam would be cool with 45 degree arc or dual super heavy cannon mount twice the damage of standard dhc but fires much slower with increased energy drain.
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 460
# 20
02-17-2013, 12:36 AM
This is just the first of its line it sounds like.

I'm curious how they balance it.

And look at the pic and where the weapons on,it are. Forward facing. This is not a broadside escort or if it is it will look foolish as it,doesn't fit the model.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:22 PM.