Captain
# 11
02-17-2013, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Useful special projects would be nice too
for all the dilithium that gets dumped into it.

(I.E)

Target Bouys (dump some in the Holodeck and outsode the starbase) - Let us test our ships weapons etc againts Ensign,LT,Cmdr or Captain ranked objects.

Ship Outside the Window (A ship parked outside using one of the c-store interiors.. lots of doff stuff to do inside bla bla bla)
absolutely onboard with this. Those cosmetic interior dilithium dump projects should have atleast some passive bonus for each fleet member. More fleet/omega/romulan marks per mission for instance for having 5 special projects...something like that.
Each fleet member gets 10% more EC when discarding items, when the fleet has 8 special projects
and so on...

can't be that hard to implement.
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
# 12
02-17-2013, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admgreer View Post
I was running all Fleet Advanced XII Polaron DCH's and Turretts and thought I was doing good in Kerrat, then I spent some EC in the Exchange and got ACC X2 Crth DHC's and ACC x3 Turrets and wow what an improvement. There are players out there that will tell you different but on an Tac in an Escourt in PVP ACC modifer is much detter than the DMG modifer. I noticed a large and immediate improvement in how much more damage i was doing and how much faster my targets shields were dropping. The only change I made was changing the Fleet weps for exchange weps with XII ACC x2 Crth modifers
and this is my point right here. just add up all that dilithum that you had ended up swapping out for items on the exchange.

as i see it the star base is just for bragging rights and nothing else. one huge stupid accolade that you end up investing over 400mill for. i say 400mill but trust me no one wants to know the real numbers. its much bigger then that. from start up till now you could have made a billion on 7 toons depending on how much dil you put into that base.
Captain
# 13
02-17-2013, 03:57 AM
I find it rather amusing how everyone calls the upgrade projects useless. They are useless, alright, but one the other side: You dont have to slot them and to contribute your dilithium for it.

My fleet has the habit to slot them immediately after the release, but I dont contribute to them. I contribute only to the useful projects. I would suggest, you do the same.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Captain
# 14
02-17-2013, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwhity View Post
I find it rather amusing how everyone calls the upgrade projects useless. They are useless, alright, but one the other side: You dont have to slot them and to contribute your dilithium for it.

My fleet has the habit to slot them immediately after the release, but I dont contribute to them. I contribute only to the useful projects. I would suggest, you do the same.
i agree, and i do the same. Still it wouldn't harm anybody to have some sort of return for the recources invested. Right now, you can join a random fleet, buy anything you need/want and leave after that. So there is no real benefit to being in a fleet that has all this special projects, and thats a missed opportunity from the developement side to actually generate something that is worth contributing to as a player.
Go pro or go home