Rihannsu
Quote:
Q: (mandoknight89) Can we get some more information about the upcoming changes to the character creation system? Will it include new free costumes or a fix to some items that have clipping issues?

Dstahl: The overhaul to character creation is coming in the May update and includes a structural redesign of the Character Creation UI. We are taking the previous workflow of creating a character and condensing it down to Race & Class, Appearance, and Background. That is a specific feature related to how you create a character and is not the same thing as an individual issue with a specific costume clipping. Many players have been emailing me with costume issues and those issues are being forwarded directly to the costume creation lead so that they can be addressed.
So, there's been some rumbling about this. I've heard someone who claims to be an investor in Cryptic say that this update is going to put a lot of the character generator options behind a paywall. You will basically pick from two genders, three classes, and six races, and have no character customization until you unlock it, possibly even through lobi.

There's more, but it's all very outlandish. However, people are telling me that this person is reliable and has been right about predicting Cryptic decisions before. And the description doesn't mention anything about traits, which I admit I find a little odd/troubling. On the other hand, it could just be a rumor or an idea that Cryptic toyed with and discarded.

What do you think? Will Cryptic limit the CC?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2013, 03:13 PM
I think they would charge their own mamas 99 cent/minute to talk to their grandchildren on the phone if she would pay... so yes.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 3
02-15-2013, 03:18 PM
At the time I am writing this, there are absolutely no plans for this at all. Of course we'll continue offering premium costumes and species (Ferasan, etc.), but what you are suggesting is not on our radar at this time.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 4
02-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
At the time I am writing this, there are absolutely no plans for this at all. Of course we'll continue offering premium costumes and species (Ferasan, etc.), but what you are suggesting is not on our radar at this time.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
That was an unusually quick response. Almost . . . too quick. *tinfoil hat*

Looking forward to hearing the real details, whatever they may be.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 5
02-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaanithegreen View Post
That was an unusually quick response. Almost . . . too quick. *tinfoil hat*

Looking forward to hearing the real details, whatever they may be.
Because rumors fester into yucky tar pits. I like to seal (I had "squash" there at first, but then I would get stuck in it Oo) them when I can

I will tell you that I was able to see some of the work on the creator recently and it is EPIC! Can't wait for you all to see it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
02-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
...investor in Cryptic...
You do realize that there is no such thing as Cryptic is a private company owned entirely by Perfect World Entertainment.

@greendragoon
Republic Veteran
# 7
02-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
And the description doesn't mention anything about traits, which I admit I find a little odd/troubling
There is another question relating to traits, so they're not being removed.
Rihannsu
# 8
02-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
You do realize that there is no such thing as Cryptic is a private company owned entirely by Perfect World Entertainment.
I didn't say I believed it myself. Just stating that the rumor exists.
Captain
# 9
02-15-2013, 03:27 PM
I trust Brandon more than some friend, of a friends, cousins next door neighbors brother
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc
Career Officer
# 10
02-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
Yes, but you CAN buy stock in PWE. Just sayin'.