Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 41
02-17-2013, 07:18 AM
Thank you purvee and lordagamemnon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purvee1 View Post
Yeah sure, why not.

How are we going to get the word out there to wider KDF? And how are we going to use it to drive home the point?
A little at a time if we can get some of the larger fleets on board that'll help but in the meantime, talk to your fellow KDF! If you run an STF with a fellow Klingon, tell them why you're using that title and point them to this thread.

If you PvP, talk to your fellow PvP'ers too - we're doing this for them (Fed and KDF) too

Please don't spam things like Zone chat though - we don't want to annoy our fellow players, just solicit their support through conversation, through the forums and soon, through Facebook and Twitter etc.

More info to follow - I'm preparing a draft manifesto which will be available on the Wordpress and Facebook pages - I'll then be looking for feedback from the community so we can shape it into something realistic and reasonable that benefits us all
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 42
02-17-2013, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstorion View Post
Okay...I did the barge of the dead and the gates mission...yet I got no Disenchanted..did I miss something?
Hmm... it's been a while since I've done the Fek'lhri missions so perhaps you have to complete them all? Hopefully someone else reading this thread can help?
Lieutenant
# 43
02-17-2013, 07:50 AM
done! dont amtter though, cryptic dont care, they wouldnt even care if the whole KDF player base left :S
Career Officer
# 44
02-17-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roelandm View Post
done! dont amtter though, cryptic dont care, they wouldnt even care if the whole KDF player base left :S
Don't be so sure - for one thing, the KDF is the opposition - imagine a STO where as a Fed you never fought alongside KDF in STFs or against them in PvP.

Imagine a STO where travelling through sector space all you encountered was other Federation ships - the KDF add contrast and character to a game that would be sterile and bland without them.

Cryptic says that we're 16% of the player base as if that's a small, irrelevant number - but I wonder how small and irrelevant 16% would feel to them if it was a cut in their salaries? Or an increase in their working hours?

And by their own admission, if STO has '2 million Captains' then surely that's 320,000 KDF Captains? Does that sound small?

But irrespective of how they try to spin the figures and justify a lack of attention to the KDF, remember that our money is just as good as our Federation counterparts
Commander
# 45
02-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Had an idea.

You can set your display to permantly show the title.

Arange as many captains as you can to be on at one time and get a photogrpah of all these Disenchanted types sanding in the great hall.
Career Officer
# 46
02-17-2013, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purvee1 View Post
Had an idea.

You can set your display to permantly show the title.

Arange as many captains as you can to be on at one time and get a photogrpah of all these Disenchanted types sanding in the great hall.
lol! you read my mind not yet though - when we go to the gaming press
Career Officer
# 47
02-17-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
Btw Kaz, apparently crosslinking is against the rules
Cross-linking means (and says, actually) to other PWE sites; cross-linking to other relevant threads within STO's forums is perfectly OK, if it's not done in such a manner as to violate other forum rules (such as spamming, flaming/trolling, etc).

Discussing moderator action, however is, not.

I personally think this link from the other convo was fine, and I also think this is a wonderful method of showing PWE how you feel about the changes.
Career Officer
# 48
02-17-2013, 08:21 AM
Thank you so much for the clarification and your kind comments syberghost - both are greatly appreciated
Starfleet Veteran
# 49
02-17-2013, 08:44 AM
It is done! For I certainly am disenchanted.
Captain
# 50
02-17-2013, 08:47 AM
What exactly are your goals and/or intentions? i had a quick read but not entirely sure. Wish there was more opinion polls on forums for certain player bases so we can see exactly what their beef is with this game.

I know my top two are "no PvP rewards or as mainstay" and "Fed players" But only one Cryptic can sort out, by fixing other stuff they can sort of help with the other situation.

Forgot to add, peaceful protests aren't my thing personally. I'm quite apathetic towards the idea of Cryptic "listening" when we're being reasonable.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.

Last edited by vitzh; 02-17-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Closed Thread