Lieutenant
# 11
02-16-2013, 07:59 PM
I liked the episode where me and my murderous crew, hoses that entire Ferengi bar! Totally Trek.
Captain
# 12
02-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Given the scale of the grind (that's all STO is let's face it) any decision they make such as the complete removal of Fleet Marks from specific aspects of the game is Star Trek (if you're a masochist). The devs view the playerbase much in the same way the writers did O'Brien. "O'Brien must suffer."
All cloaks should be canon.
Captain
# 13
02-16-2013, 11:17 PM
The thing you must understand is that it's not a "Star Trek experience". It is however, the perfect "Make your own Star Trek experience". You can customize your Captain and Crew down to the colour of their eyeballs, your Ship, equip them with whatever you want, fill your Doff roster full of strange and wonderful creatures, send them off on missions to get you stuff, give backstories for them all, and then write adventures for them in the foundry.

Sometimes it's easy to miss the Trekness of this game, but it's there.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 14
02-17-2013, 02:01 AM
Your probably forgetting a very early quest that involved a klingon federation peace talk, it was the first time you meet miral Paris and those talk are interrupted by Bavat.

Then there's the Romulan quest chain where you start out fighting remans but have a chance to help them. (very much like the xindi in Enterprise they all start out as your enemy but u can make peace)

Yes there's a lot of war and fighting but in the end i believe that the federation council is the one who is attempting to end the fighting and our job as starfleet is to protect the Federation.