Lt. Commander
# 1 Steam Pre-Order
01-11-2010, 05:15 PM
i just bought it from steam but i can't download the beta client to play tomorrow 12th... and i didn't get a cd-key via email, just the confirmation email that i bought it.

do i have to wait for the beta to open to download the game via Steam or there something wrong? Without the cd-key i can't create a account on the site.

Plz i need some help.

thank you in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-11-2010, 05:19 PM
I've got to admit, I'm a little irked by the fact I get no headway as far as the download is concerned.

I'm hoping they don't screw up when it comes to the headstart and leave me watching a download progress bar instead of playing the game come launch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Steam will be handling distribution of the client to their pre-roder customers themselves. It should be available by tomorrow we are told, and you will get your key at the same time as the download unlocks. Sorry we can't be more specific!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-11-2010, 07:23 PM
I know it is late at night (10pm here) but .... the steam distro is up and while you navigate the screens to install it it gives you a link to connect your steam account to your cryptic account or to make a new one etc. clicking the link takes you to the appropriate page and auto enters your preorder key into the appropriate box, all you have to do is follow on screen instructions from there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-11-2010, 08:03 PM
when you try to launch the download through steam a screen pops up with your cd key. If you missed that you can always right cllick on the game and then click View Game CD Key. This is all assumming that Star Trek Online - Beta shows in your steams game list.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-11-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm stuck...

1. Clicked STO Beta Client to install.
2. Clicked "Next" to proceed with the install.
3. Told it to make shortcuts for me, then clicked "Next".
4. Clicked "Go to Star Trek Online - Beta web site now" button to register my key.
5. Clicked "Submit" and saw that STO beta on my account dashboard.
6. Went back to the Steam installer and clicked "Finish" to start the download and install...

And nothing happened. STO is still sitting in the not installed list and trying to get the install to start just takes me back to #1 on the list.

This effecting anybody else? I mean, is it a time zone issue, because It's the 12th where I live...
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnin View Post
I'm stuck...

1. Clicked STO Beta Client to install.
2. Clicked "Next" to proceed with the install.
3. Told it to make shortcuts for me, then clicked "Next".
4. Clicked "Go to Star Trek Online - Beta web site now" button to register my key.
5. Clicked "Submit" and saw that STO beta on my account dashboard.
6. Went back to the Steam installer and clicked "Finish" to start the download and install...

And nothing happened. STO is still sitting in the not installed list and trying to get the install to start just takes me back to #1 on the list.

This effecting anybody else? I mean, is it a time zone issue, because It's the 12th where I live...
Hope it is working for you now..

but DO you have a steam game alt-tabbed,, windowed or running at all? steam doesn't download anything when you have an active game...

aside from that, have you used steam in the past? maybe just the windows firewall is blocking the steam distro server...

my 2cents.