Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 31
02-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
I am sure she got close to that more than once. I think that without the help of her family, and a few supportive individuals in Starfleet, it's quite possible she would have done so. I am sure the years of her leave of absence were very touch-and-go at times.
Thinking about it, given the regenerative properties that nanoprobes give the individual ( ) would probably make suicide an impossibility... She definitely sounds like a nicely rounded character, I hope she'll find her way into a future LC at some point
Career Officer
# 32
02-20-2013, 10:47 AM
For my liberated-Borg, Klingon Captain, she was assimilated at age 20. Remaining within the Collective consciousness for 13 years before Unimatrix Zero ultimately led to her being severed from it. I don't portray her as having been liberated just yesterday. She does - from time to time - exhibit a random personality quirk during a conversation. Sort of like shadows of others from within her Collective experience. It doesn't happen in every conversation that she has. Or even every day.

From her Bio:

• Mor'ella of House Gorkon was assimilated into the Borg Collective during a coreward exploration mission for the KDF. The ship she served recorded only as missing. In the years following her assimilation, Mor'ella found herself slipping in & out of the virtual exploit known as Unimatrix Zero and managed to benefit from this resistance movement. With unexpected help from Starfleet Captain Janeway, Mor'ella found herself severed from the Collective in 2376. Afterward, she made contact with several former drones, including Klingon General Korok. She lent her sword to the continued cause of resistance against the Collective.

Mor'ellas' experiences within Unimatrix Zero offered insight into rediscovery of her 'individuality'. She would not find home until 2382. As with other liberated Klingons, finding a place amongst the Empire was arduous. Reminded by her House of the Khitomer Accords, she chose to seek out any shared science resources as a step toward staking her claim. Mor'ella was pleased to confirm that the starship Voyager had managed to return to the Federation 4 years prior.

Starfleet Medical, the Corps of Engineering and the Daystrom Institute had extensively researched and built upon Anika Hansen's successful liberation from the Borg Collective. While she admired Miss Hansen, Mor'ella declined a place within Starfleet's Borg Task Force.

She chose instead to work toward re-establishing a diplomatic foothold for the House of Gorkon within the Klingon Empire. Not an easy task with the next civil war that was around the corner. Mor'ella worked closely with Ambassador's K'mtok and Worf. The House of Gorkon would side with Martok and lose ground when J'mpok proclaimed himself Chancellor.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.

Last edited by psiameese; 02-20-2013 at 10:53 AM.