Rihannsu
One thing I've been starting to wonder while using my Feedback Pulse build, is would Hull resists actually "dampen" the incoming damage. And if so, would that mean Feedback pulse is actually Reflecting damage based on the hull resisted damage, or does it always work vs. the Base damage incoming..?

I suspect it's the latter, where it figures the reflected damage based on the incoming fire first, and doesn't take into account your personal hull resists. But I've never really had the chance to test it to be sure.

And on a second thought... If it doesn't consider Hull resists on yourself before damage Is reflected... should it? Would that be a way to balance how powerful a Tactical Officer can make Feedback Pulse? Especially a 125 Aux Feedback Pulse 3?

Thought I'd bring this up incase anyone has done extensive testing on FBP 3. Sure it's not the most used skill in PVP because you need some one to shoot at you. But Needless to say, it does get used. So.. leave the Floor open to the crowd I guess..
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 2
02-16-2013, 11:15 PM
Idk what FBP damage type is, but I always seem to take more w/a debuff hull. It feels like I take less when I use H.E., but that could be the repairs or a poorly buffed FBP. I haven't done any hard tests on it though.

I don't know if the target of the normal attack's resists matter, I don't think it does from the post Bort clarified the mechanics. But, it's been awhile and I haven't tested that either.

Thinking about it more, I seem to recall the FBP damage type isn't one covered by most if not all resists buffs, but debuffs will help it.
Captain
# 3
02-17-2013, 06:52 AM
Protip: Vesta + 5 Particle Generators + 125 Aux + APA/GDF/TacFleet + APDelta 2 = lololol.

Add in the Vesta AoE heal for moar lulz. It's got a +PartGen buff and you don't have to worry about incoming damage as much. If you can get a Sci to throw in Sensor Scan...

I used to run APDelta 3 + Aux Batt + FBP 2 + 3 PartGens + whatever Tac buffs in my MVAE for a while. Good times

-DmgRes debuffs on your target DO boost FBP's damage. Considerably.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?

Last edited by praxi5; 02-17-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Captain
# 4
02-17-2013, 06:53 AM
From this thread:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=286971
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I believe that the chart above may be referencing only Tooltip information, and not actual parsed data. Particle Generators does increase FBP's damage, but not by increasing the % that is reflected. Instead, it applies a skill-based increase to the damage after the % is determined.

In other words, if you're hit for 1000 damage and your FBP will reflect 20%, that 200 damage becomes the base that is subsequently modified by your Particle Generator skill.

We plan to look into the mechanics of the power when there's time, and see if we can streamline that into directly modifying the % reflected, without modifying the overall effectiveness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard88 View Post
thx for passing by borticus.

When u take a look into feedback pulse, please check that tactical buffs (GDF, APA, etc) are buffing the damage of feedback pulse, and the result is a tactical capitan doing more damage with a sci skill than a sci capitan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
This is a system-wide issue that doesn't have an easy fix, but it's on our radar to see if we can address it.
Couldn't find anything on the rest, but that could be buried in Archived Post Land...
Rihannsu
# 5
02-17-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
Protip: Vesta + 5 Particle Generators + 125 Aux + APA/GDF/TacFleet + APDelta 2 = lololol.

Add in the Vesta AoE heal for moar lulz. It's got a +PartGen buff and you don't have to worry about incoming damage as much. If you can get a Sci to throw in Sensor Scan...

I used to run APDelta 3 + Aux Batt + FBP 2 + 3 PartGens + whatever Tac buffs in my MVAE for a while. Good times

-DmgRes debuffs on your target DO boost FBP's damage. Considerably.
Add in being a Joined Trill (Joined Symbiote +6.7 to Particle Gen, Decompiler, Graviton, and +3.3 to Warp Core, Starship Weapons, Shield emitters, and hull repair) and Astrophysicist +10 Particle Generators
Think about this:
Rihannsu
# 6
02-17-2013, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
From this thread:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=286971

Couldn't find anything on the rest, but that could be buried in Archived Post Land...
Hmm.. Yeah I didn't think that Hull Resists played any parts in the incoming damage FPB.

Think about this:
Captain
# 7
02-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Idk, i just now that yesterday i was killed by my own weapons cause of an enemy feedback pulse iii in 2-3 seconds
| CSI - Confederazione Stellare Italiana | @NandoPC |
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
02-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandospc View Post
Idk, i just now that yesterday i was killed by my own weapons cause of an enemy feedback pulse iii in 2-3 seconds
That would have to have been a Feedback Pulse buffed by a Tactical Captain then. I wish they'd fix that stuff so Science Powers aren't buffed by Tactical Captain abilities anymore.
Captain
# 9
02-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Since things have a history of working their way back into the game after they've been fixed I guess I'll mention this. At one point FBP was using the tier modifier twice to calculate the damage returned and was putting out insta-pop numbers. If you see something you think is out of line grab some combat log and give it to bort. He figured out the problem pretty quickly when he saw the log last time.

On a semi-related note, does anybody use the PH doff with the FBP effect? It's such a good idea I've been wondering if it puts out any useful returns.
Rihannsu
# 10
02-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
Since things have a history of working their way back into the game after they've been fixed I guess I'll mention this. At one point FBP was using the tier modifier twice to calculate the damage returned and was putting out insta-pop numbers. If you see something you think is out of line grab some combat log and give it to bort. He figured out the problem pretty quickly when he saw the log last time.

On a semi-related note, does anybody use the PH doff with the FBP effect? It's such a good idea I've been wondering if it puts out any useful returns.
No it doesn't.. It only has a chance to reflect 25% damage.. and it's usually only one shot and not the full duration of Polarized Hull.
Think about this: