Rihannsu
# 141
04-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
But I am not completely unfair, when in my B'rel I will say...

"I can see you <playername>, can you see me?"

If you ever hear this from me you know I am watching you at that very moment preparing to strike.
as nice as that may be, it also ruins any chance of you pulling a successful alpha, because if the player in question wasn't already cycling buffs, they certainly will be after that
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Empire Veteran
# 142
04-17-2013, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
as nice as that may be, it also ruins any chance of you pulling a successful alpha, because if the player in question wasn't already cycling buffs, they certainly will be after that
Never had it prevent their demise before. They either just keep doing what they are doing or start panicking while I sit and watch, eventually they calm down and then they die. Besides I enjoy a challenge. That's one of the reasons I don't play with my Tac toons very often, there is no thought involved, just need to make sure you stay calm and have all your abilities slotted so you can go 1, 2, 3.....etc.

Not saying I am that good though, I have run into more then one problem when I hit someone who knows what they are doing, but that just keeps it interesting. Is my next target going to die screaming, or will he just laugh and wave as I plink away at his shields.
"We are the United Federation of Planets and we come in peace....unless you have something we want, or refuse to join us, then you have no choice."
Better dead then Fed!
Captain
# 143
04-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Ker'rat is fun, was in there for 2 hours last night in a Defiant giving the Klingons a taste of their own medicine .

To give credit where credit is due, there are some very good players there, so Ker'rat is good for the PVP practice.
I blew up on more than one occasion but got some nice kills with decloaking alpha strikes, fighting another player is better than fighting AI, because you have to keep on your toes to survive

Right, first I'll take those teef out for yer, dat should help ease da pain in yer leg. Grokkit, hand me that wrench. Now then... Open wide, and say... AAARGH!

Last edited by theraven2378; 04-20-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 144
04-20-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
Never had it prevent their demise before. They either just keep doing what they are doing or start panicking while I sit and watch, eventually they calm down and then they die. Besides I enjoy a challenge. That's one of the reasons I don't play with my Tac toons very often, there is no thought involved, just need to make sure you stay calm and have all your abilities slotted so you can go 1, 2, 3.....etc.

Not saying I am that good though, I have run into more then one problem when I hit someone who knows what they are doing, but that just keeps it interesting. Is my next target going to die screaming, or will he just laugh and wave as I plink away at his shields.
I had someone try something like that on me but I used an antiproton sweep to decloak them and proceeded to annihilate them.
The Emperor

Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose... against statistically long odds.
Ensign
# 145
04-21-2013, 04:44 AM
The overpowered Klingon ships take all the fun out of this map. The setup for PvP is totally different than PvE against Borg ships, so Feds are onto a loser straight off.

I'm especially wondering if there's cheating going on, as my assault cruiser dies in literally 3 seconds flat after a tractor beam+ disruptor salvo.

In fact, there's one particular a*s*shole, "Grdi", who I'd cheerfully infect his PC with a virus and melt his hard drive. I don't think what he's doing is fair or possible.

We're not there for PvP so F*CK OFF and leave us to it. The sooner Cryptic fix this the better.
Lieutenant
# 146
04-21-2013, 05:25 AM
Someone's Grumpy!!
Ensign
# 147
04-21-2013, 06:22 AM
Someone's fed up of broken mechanics and possible cheaters. It's as bad as the dipsh*t call of duty players.

If cryptic don't want to scrap PvP altogether (if its entirely optional, why should they?) they should eliminate it from this system. Why be forced into PvP for a PvE farming system?
Rihannsu
# 148
04-21-2013, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danturner View Post
Why be forced into PvP for a PvE farming system?
because it's not a PvE farming system; it's a WARZONE, which means a WAR is taking place there, so if you go in there, you ARE going to get shot at by the faction you are at war with
Quote:
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Ensign
# 149
04-21-2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
because it's not a PvE farming system; it's a WARZONE, which means a WAR is taking place there, so if you go in there, you ARE going to get shot at by the faction you are at war with
It needs to go. It's pi$$ing a lot of players off, and taking the fun out things with it's overpowered rubbish. PvE does NOT mix with PvP. Against the Ai is too different than against other players.

Or, make another system an equivalent anti-Borg but purely PvE. Simple.
Rihannsu
# 150
04-21-2013, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danturner View Post
PvE does NOT mix with PvP.
truer words have never been spoken...that's why i can't stand all the whiny PvPers crying nerf on everything in sight, because something balanced for PvP usage often winds up useless for PvE

case in point being the recent nerfs to tricobalt mines/torps and tachyon mines
Quote:
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic