Captain
# 151
04-21-2013, 07:00 AM
There's so many things wrong with Kerrat its not even funny. I mean, just the most basic stuff, like Fed and KDF are supposed to be working together against the Borg and here they are overlooking the threat to hunt each other. Kerrat is broken in every way possible.
Captain
# 152
04-21-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
as nice as that may be, it also ruins any chance of you pulling a successful alpha, because if the player in question wasn't already cycling buffs, they certainly will be after that
Not all the time.

I think the main problem you guys have with alpha strikes is sound. If I can hear someone select many buffs in quick succession I know it's a BoP, I then time my own buffs (like brace for impact, tactical team etc) as soon as I hear the de-cloak sound.

They de-cloak, I buff up and survive, then they run off. Rinse and repeat. It's really not hard.
Lt. Commander
# 153
04-21-2013, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danturner View Post
The overpowered Klingon ships take all the fun out of this map. The setup for PvP is totally different than PvE against Borg ships, so Feds are onto a loser straight off.

I'm especially wondering if there's cheating going on, as my assault cruiser dies in literally 3 seconds flat after a tractor beam+ disruptor salvo.

In fact, there's one particular a*s*shole, "Grdi", who I'd cheerfully infect his PC with a virus and melt his hard drive. I don't think what he's doing is fair or possible.

We're not there for PvP so F*CK OFF and leave us to it. The sooner Cryptic fix this the better.
You know that it is NOT a PvE mission, right? It's part of the PvP block, along with the wrapper for Arena and Assault. If you're treating it as a PvE mission, no wonder you're so pissed.

As for Klinks being overpowered, they're not really, but the Klingons who go to Kerrat usually go there to fight Feds, so they tend to be built for PvP. If you're NOT built for PvP, you're at a serious disadvantage. Though if you were built for PvP, you'd be ripping those poor NPCs a new one too.

Kerrat does have problems, but it's not the basic format, it's more glitches and stupidness (why are we resetting on the same damn side? WHY?).
Ensign
# 154
04-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theeishtmo View Post
You know that it is NOT a PvE mission, right? It's part of the PvP block, along with the wrapper for Arena and Assault. If you're treating it as a PvE mission, no wonder you're so pissed.

-*snip*-

Kerrat does have problems, but it's not the basic format, it's more glitches and stupidness (why are we resetting on the same damn side? WHY?).
No, it IS the basic format. it's presented as a PvE mission with PvP awkwardly bolted on. To repeat myself, PvP doesn't mix with PvE at all (and as someone pointed out, in all other story instances the Feds and Klingons TEAM UP against the Borg).

This unbalanced, infuriating mess needs to go. If I want PvP, I'll hit a PvP queue. Though like Call of Duty, there's no incentive on God's Earth why I'd put myself through that.
Empire Veteran
# 155
04-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Kerrat is fine as by its desogn as a PvPE map of being a race to complete before the other faction.
Its only fault is the zone restart.
Its always been a PvP zone. Most feds may not know that at the lower levels since they dont encounter klinks until at the higher levels.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Ensign
# 156
04-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Kerrat is fine as by its desogn as a PvPE map of being a race to complete before the other faction.
Except its not played like that. Feds complete and farm resources while klingons cloak and kill players who are set up to optimally fight Borg AI.

Quote:
Its always been a PvP zone. Most feds may not know that at the lower levels since they dont encounter klinks until at the higher levels.
No, fed players are well aware of that. Roughly...5 seconds after killing a Borg repair hulk. So don't be patronizing.

You can say the design is "fine" all you want. You're ignoring the detail that PvE and PvP are very different designs, and throwing them together in such a cackhanded way is genuinely irritating a LOT of players. If we want PvP we'd join a queue, NOT a mission presented as PvE.
Lt. Commander
# 157
04-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
No, it IS the basic format. it's presented as a PvE mission with PvP awkwardly bolted on. To repeat myself, PvP doesn't mix with PvE at all (and as someone pointed out, in all other story instances the Feds and Klingons TEAM UP against the Borg).

This unbalanced, infuriating mess needs to go. If I want PvP, I'll hit a PvP queue. Though like Call of Duty, there's no incentive on God's Earth why I'd put myself through that.
A) Have you played the PvP queues? Yeah, they suck compared to Kerrat in probably every way possible.

B) It's not PvE. It never was and never will be. It is a PvP match whose terms are based on a race to capture/destroy this particular Borg facility. It's live, constantly changing, and always going. I'm sorry if you can't wrap your mind around the fact that this is a PvP WARZONE. If you're going to rage so bad about it, just don't go there. You'll be happier.
Captain
# 158
04-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Without PvP there is not much point in Ker'rat. Think about it. You can farm fleet actions and earn dilithium too. The problem is that PvP is seriously unbalanced. Cryptic should make sure that all builds / ships / gear are within 10-25%. DPS burst needs to be tuned back allowing for more strategy and less pew pew. The p2w ships and consoles needs to be nerfed so that they are only marginally better that free ships.
Career Officer
# 159
04-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Quote:

let me explains this as simply as I can IF YOU DONT WANT TO DIE OR BE ATTACKED DONT ENTER KERRAT period there are literally hundreds of other missions you can do that will let you farm gear and dil THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE MISSIONS if you are not loaded out for PVP YOU WILL DIE ....STAY OUT...now because you carebears come and do nothing as your fed mates are attacked I have rolled a Klingon now because you carebears who just do nothing when you come in there piss me off so now I will blow you up at every turn every chance I get I will even wake up out of bed early to blow you up ............you have been warned.......if you don't like it STAY OUT OF KERRAT....better yet don't.

(General Chang)
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!
Captain
# 160
04-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Without PvP there is not much point in Ker'rat. Think about it. You can farm fleet actions and earn dilithium too. The problem is that PvP is seriously unbalanced. Cryptic should make sure that all builds / ships / gear are within 10-25%. DPS burst needs to be tuned back allowing for more strategy and less pew pew. The p2w ships and consoles needs to be nerfed so that they are only marginally better that free ships.
Precisely. Ker'rat would be boring as hell if there were no PvP. Just another pointless grind/farm zone. Of course, Federation petaQ'pu might be okay with that, since their ranks are populated by weaklings and 'negotiators'.

PvEers who trash 'whiny PvPers' are probably just players who can't handle the really challenging part of this game. . .that being PvP. PvE is a friggin faceroll 95% of the time.