Empire Veteran
# 251
05-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istvaanshogaatsu View Post
Well, I encountered something unusual in Kerrat today: a sourpuss Klingon! He accused me of exploits after I nuked him and his friends a few times using my now-legendary torpedo death ship. Here's to you, KB5000!

(Just because you've been using DHCs for so long, you've convinced yourself no other weapon can work... doesn't mean it's actually true
Thank Kahless he didnt come to the forum to cry about it like a beaten targ.
Ego erupts in kerrat chat as it happens, I just hate the forum whine.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lt. Commander
# 252
05-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by litchy74 View Post
Playing kerrat last night just getting my fed 10 had this one fed player in a lifer ship which I killed 6 times, pretty much one shooting on the alpha decloak.

He/she starts saying that I'm the problem with the game and the klinks make it no fun.
At which point I pm him/her saying its nothing personal but the ship he's in has weak shield and he's/she's slow to react to my bop doing an alpha strike on him.

Just wondering if anyone else is getting stick from the Feds in kerrat when they go boom!
Nope when I have pissed of a FED and made them cry I know my ancestors are singing tales of my daring do in Sto'Vo'Kor. I'm a Klink its what we do.

CAPTAIN! I'm picking up a Golden Age Supervillian on long range sensors. She appears to be mooning us U_U"
Ensign
# 253
05-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
If that ever happened, kerrat would die out very quickly. First of all, cryptic would be forced to implement it as a queue mission. Why? Well for the simple reason that feds outnumber the kdf like what... 1000 to 1? If left as is currently, kdf will be spawn camped to death, doesn't matter how bad fed fail builds are.
As I said, I recall it used to be like that (with the dilihtium rewards, 1440 for every 3 runs, plus a piece of ship equipment) from what I recall. Especially since Kerrat had no cool down time that I can recall. After they mostly removed the large dilihtium rewards with the exception of the one that shows up every now and then, it largely gotten back to being balanced.
Empire Veteran
# 254
10-14-2013, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
it's just BOP jelousy...

You see, your average fed see's a Bird of Prey and thier mind goes "wow, what a kool looking ship.." then they realize that the BOP is not a fed ship.

and when they realize that a well handled BOP is every bit as deadly as it is visually stunning, with... they turn into 9 year olds having a bad day. 9 year olds, with overly indulgent parents. Unfortunatly Daddy Stahl, and Moma "Geko" Rivera just refuse to make the BOP any easier of an opponent for them. They have to dig into the data base of exploits cheats and hacks to win.. or learn the games combat systems... and... how to fight thier ships. And they have to learn the ships...

When ever I feel I need to be entertained I go read the fed ship forums and such with the constant threads of This ship is OP, or that ship is OP, buff/nerf some particular class of ship, and my favorite "WHAT SHIP IS BEST?" (now personally I have a thing for KDF battlecruisers, but thats just me.)

Eventually they either learn, or go find another game to play.

Khemaraa sends
I'd never been to ke'rrat until i got dragged there by a fleet mate, and i could feel the Fed chat suck several IQ points from my brain, they're just little kids in there. So i was in my oddy, playing the objective when out of no where a transphasic torp boat kept on attacking me, and for some odd reason, it could cloak in battle *shrug* I'm at 30 HP, and he comes over my stern for another pass, i activate ramming speed and destroyed his little flimsy BOP, (for the record it was the default ship) and then he rages at me for killing him and leaves. I just avoid kerrat period unless i'm on my klingon now. The klink IQ is generally higher than feds.
Captain
# 255
10-14-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
I'd never been to ke'rrat until i got dragged there by a fleet mate, and i could feel the Fed chat suck several IQ points from my brain, they're just little kids in there. So i was in my oddy, playing the objective when out of no where a transphasic torp boat kept on attacking me, and for some odd reason, it could cloak in battle *shrug* I'm at 30 HP, and he comes over my stern for another pass, i activate ramming speed and destroyed his little flimsy BOP, (for the record it was the default ship) and then he rages at me for killing him and leaves. I just avoid kerrat period unless i'm on my klingon now. The klink IQ is generally higher than feds.
It is astounding how most of the Fed' players do not even try to use teamwork, and I am a primary Fed' player!
Captain
# 256
10-14-2013, 09:01 AM
It's understandable somewhat.

Due to the KDF's smaller playerbase and the obsessiveness required to keep playing them, the average skill level skews far higher than with feds.

Also Kerrat attracts mainly Fed PvEers and KDF PvPers (since Fed PvPers have the more active FvF queues), so there's going to generally be a big difference in skill level.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Career Officer
# 257
10-14-2013, 12:07 PM
OMG! Did you guys hear? They're giving feds acton assimilators in season 8 o-o
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Survivor of Romulus
# 258
10-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talzerotwo View Post
OMG! Did you guys hear? They're giving feds acton assimilators in season 8 o-o
Hehehh

First - Where did you hear that? I kinda' hoped the Elachi lockbox started a new trend of creating new universals that can be used by everyone.

Second - If true, can't say I'm really suprised.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 259
10-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Hehehh

First - Where did you hear that? I kinda' hoped the Elachi lockbox started a new trend of creating new universals that can be used by everyone.

Second - If true, can't say I'm really suprised.
Can I just add that I was told by a little tribble, who heard from someone else long ago that the devs once said that c store consoles would eventually go to the other faction?

But seriously, I did once see a vet player say that the devs once said that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Empire Veteran
# 260
10-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Even if Feds ever DO get AAs in a lockbox, 95% of em won't know how to use it properly irregardless, then probably complain about it being 'underpowered'.

Especially if the devs fix it's CD to be 3 minutes like other stuff.