Ensign
# 1 Almost Came Back To Game
02-16-2013, 09:10 AM
I played STO at the beginning, quit about 11 months ago after PW took over. I had a lot of great stuff and a character that I got a lot of compliments on. Recently I was getting emails about this event that you could get new ships so I decided to install STO again. I did, only to find that none of my characters were on my account. I have only one account and I'm certain this is the correct one because I have a ticket history with the account.

After submitting a ticket to support I received a reply about four days later. I was told to make sure I was logging into the correct account, which I had been. I replied and told support it WAS the correct account and a few days later got another response instructing me to "Ensure you are logging into the correct account". I wrote back again, not all too happy instructing support to "Ensure you are reading my email because I am logging into the correct account but my characters are missing."

Well, some days later and now too late to participate in the special event, I get yet another email telling me if I can't find my login information, I can click some links to recover the information.

So all the months of playing and the dollars I spent on this game are washed down the drain. Perfect World has ruined any chance of my playing a game they are involved in ever again. Yes, maybe this is a rant, but how you treat paying customers goes a long way in my book. Customer support has no interest whatsoever in resolving a support issue. Three times giving the exact same reply which was not the issue shows a blatant lack of care for your clientele.

So I move on, eager to embark upon new space games. I love the Star Trek universe, but sadly, this game has failed to live up to its standards. My next quest awaits the upcoming epic game Star Citizen. You still have time to put in your pledge. With the looks of it, this game should be nothing less than spectacular and the best thing about it is, it won't be run by Perfect World.
Rihannsu
# 2
02-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Did you try logging in again after that first attempt? Most of the time when returning players encounter this problem, it self-resolves on the next login. Apparently it has to do with inactive accounts being archived, and the time to retrieve an archived file exceeding the normal first-login time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emplehod View Post
I played STO at the beginning, quit about 11 months ago after PW took over. I had a lot of great stuff and a character that I got a lot of compliments on. Recently I was getting emails about this event that you could get new ships so I decided to install STO again. I did, only to find that none of my characters were on my account. I have only one account and I'm certain this is the correct one because I have a ticket history with the account.

After submitting a ticket to support I received a reply about four days later. I was told to make sure I was logging into the correct account, which I had been. I replied and told support it WAS the correct account and a few days later got another response instructing me to "Ensure you are logging into the correct account". I wrote back again, not all too happy instructing support to "Ensure you are reading my email because I am logging into the correct account but my characters are missing."

Well, some days later and now too late to participate in the special event, I get yet another email telling me if I can't find my login information, I can click some links to recover the information.

So all the months of playing and the dollars I spent on this game are washed down the drain. Perfect World has ruined any chance of my playing a game they are involved in ever again. Yes, maybe this is a rant, but how you treat paying customers goes a long way in my book. Customer support has no interest whatsoever in resolving a support issue. Three times giving the exact same reply which was not the issue shows a blatant lack of care for your clientele.

So I move on, eager to embark upon new space games. I love the Star Trek universe, but sadly, this game has failed to live up to its standards. My next quest awaits the upcoming epic game Star Citizen. You still have time to put in your pledge. With the looks of it, this game should be nothing less than spectacular and the best thing about it is, it won't be run by Perfect World.
Ensign
# 3
02-16-2013, 09:47 AM
Yes, I have tried over a dozen times over the last two weeks. I even checked on the character transfer thing in the unlikely event I had not transferred my characters but it tells me I already have.

I was an original player of the game. I left for a long time and came back the first time after it went f2p. I had an item that nobody could identify. It was a special item I had obtained early in the game. Even support didn't know what it was and told me it was a game bug. I was sure it was something and that I needed only to reach a certain level before I could use it. Turned out I was correct because when I made Admiral, this is what it became:

http://i.imgur.com/eAUBS.jpg

Last edited by emplehod; 02-16-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2013, 09:52 AM
I took a hiatus from the game and I actually lost the Account Name of my account and could not remember the e-mail. I contacted Cryptic Customer Support and sent them my payment card details, proving the account was mine and they sent back the e-mail.

I really can say that their customer support for me was nothing short of excellent. But that was just my experience, have you tried phoning them?

Last edited by warbird001; 02-16-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Ensign
# 5
02-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
I took a hiatus from the game and I actually lost the Account Name of my account and could not remember the e-mail. I contacted Cryptic Customer Support and sent them my payment card details, proving the account was mine and they sent back the e-mail.

I really can say that their customer support for me was nothing short of excellent. But that was just my experience, have you tried phoning them?
Not in my case. This is not Cryptic I'm dealing with. After my first ticket that stated specifically that I logged into the game and had no characters, they spent three replies and two weeks telling me to be sure I am using the correct account. They just don't listen as far as I can see.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
02-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emplehod View Post

I'm wondering if this was because you never linked accounts? You may be able to contact Branflakes and see if he has any ideas. Possibly?
Career Officer
# 7
02-16-2013, 10:02 AM
Make sure you're login in the correct account.
Seriously.
Not your original cryptic account from 11 months ago, the correct linked account from PWE

https://support.perfectworld.com/app...nt-linking-faq

Last edited by deyvad; 02-16-2013 at 10:03 AM. Reason: add link
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
02-16-2013, 10:06 AM
I think the OP is just trying to advertise that "crowdfunded" shenanigans, but if not welcome back.
Ensign
# 9
02-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyvad View Post
Make sure you're login in the correct account.
Seriously.
Not your original cryptic account from 11 months ago, the correct linked account from PWE

https://support.perfectworld.com/app...nt-linking-faq
I told you, I already linked accounts when I played 11 months ago. PW had already taken over the game. I know it is the correct account because my ticket history is still in this account when I played before and submitted tickets.

Wiki: "On January 17, 2012 it [STO] relaunched with a tier of free-to-play access available."

The last ticket (when I was still playing) was dated Feb. 11, 2012, so it was after the transfer. Their last response to that ticket was on Feb 26, 2012, so I was played at least up to that date.

See the pic:

http://i.imgur.com/uWLuNk1.jpg

Last edited by emplehod; 02-16-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Ensign
# 10
02-16-2013, 11:05 AM
I am now sure that my characters are gone forever because I was able to create a new character with the same name as my previous one and this should not be possible if the character exists in the database.

Oh well, it's too much work to do this all again. Peace, everyone.