Lieutenant
# 1 B'rel pet cloak buff
02-19-2013, 06:00 PM
Hello fellow warriors ,

I've thinkin an tactic for my Mirror Vo'quv, and I wanted to know if my B'rels gain the Cloak Ambush buff when they decloak?

Q'pla!
Captain
# 2
02-19-2013, 06:08 PM
They do. The problem is cryptic devs FUBARD the AI so it decloaks way before it fires...when the ambush bonus is already lost.

Another badge to their failure scout careers.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Lieutenant
# 3
02-19-2013, 06:18 PM
cycle recall and attack. recall makes them cloak. make sure you are in range and they are as close to facing your target and hit attack.

really only practical when fighting stuff in stf's
Captain
# 4
02-20-2013, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixa1 View Post
cycle recall and attack. recall makes them cloak. make sure you are in range and they are as close to facing your target and hit attack.

really only practical when fighting stuff in stf's
That doesnt work very well since the bops will shoot off at high speed in whatever direction their nose if facing when you click attack. This usually means they will do a slow-arse half-moon curve that takes them like 8 seconds to point nose to target... and the ambush bonus only lasts 5 seconds.

Plus this technique works only in the opening attack.

The old BoP AI had them decloak at 5km range only (when their noses WERE pointed to target), fire, fly by and circle-fight. When you recalled them they used to hit FULL IMPULSE and return to your side in a second AND THEN cloak....from which you could order them to attack again.

Now though, the moment you order recall they cloak (oh hai no shields!) and crawl back to you..if they obey the order at all to begin with.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Lieutenant
# 5
02-20-2013, 02:29 PM
considering what the advanced b'rotlh do damage wise fresh out of cloak i can see why that was changed. 30k crit heavy torp x4 = hehehehehheheehehe.

but yes i did mention they need to be facing your target, and it's really only a viable tactic in stf's with huge targets.