Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lieutenant
Following Season 6, the Transphasic Cluster Torpedo Launcher from the breen missions still has 20% shield penetration, due to what I believe to be an oversight that happened while changing the transphasic weaponry from 20% to 40% shield penetration, can we expect a hotfix?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-13-2012, 05:47 AM
It might just be a text description that?s wrong. With normal transphasic mines it appears as though 40% is working but the description says 20%.
Captain
# 3
07-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Since S6 update mine doesn't 'bloom' into minelets nor produce any kind of damage.

Do I need to replay the breen mission to get the updated one ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?

Last edited by lordmalak1; 07-13-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
07-13-2012, 09:24 AM
I started the Breen episodes last night with my KDF character and the Transphasic Cluster Torpedo it gave me said 40%. Whichever mission it was, it didn't take long. I would go knock it out and see what happens.
Captain
# 5
07-13-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorstella View Post
I started the Breen episodes last night with my KDF character and the Transphasic Cluster Torpedo it gave me said 40%. Whichever mission it was, it didn't take long. I would go knock it out and see what happens.
I'll give it a shot- been waiting for weeks for the buff to make that torp really useful so a replay of a mission is a small price to pay for that weapon.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Ensign
# 6
07-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Is this weapon really working for you all?

I have fired this weapon at ALL kinds of things, and the result is the same-- a harmless POOF at the enemy without dispersing any mines. EVERY SINGLE TIME, every single enemy I fire it at. Zero damage inflicted.

I think Season 6 broke this weapon and needs a bug fix.

I have the old one from before Season 6 and it does say 20% still. Is that my problem and should I try and get a new one? Maybe the old ones have broken but if you get a new one it won't be broken?
Captain
# 7
07-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by modaflanker View Post
Is this weapon really working for you all?

I have fired this weapon at ALL kinds of things, and the result is the same-- a harmless POOF at the enemy without dispersing any mines. EVERY SINGLE TIME, every single enemy I fire it at. Zero damage inflicted.

I think Season 6 broke this weapon and needs a bug fix.
EXACTLY what I've been experiencing since S6 launch. S6 seems to have broken it. Used to be a pretty cool torpedo (but weak), now it's completely useless. Will try reacquiring it to see if it will start working (per above posts) but I'm not particularly optimistic.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Last edited by lordmalak1; 07-13-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Ensign
# 8
07-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Just redid the mission to get a new Breen Transphasic Cluster Torpedo.

Stats are the same.

While redoing the mission, I noticed that it doesnt fail every time-- before you would see the white boxes around the mines, now you don't so it may look like it didn't work...

However, it has "poof"ed way too often compared to before, so I still think something is wrong because a lot of times there are no mines.

Updated:

Yes, it fails to release the mines way too many times. I had to give up using this torpedo.

Last edited by modaflanker; 07-13-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Captain
# 9
07-13-2012, 04:04 PM
According to the release notes:
Quote:
It's now possible to toggle the visibility of reticles for mines and small craft.
By default, the reticles will appear only when the ship or mine is selected.
This can be adjusted in the Options menu.
...I'd assume that means the torpedo will appear on it's trajectory until the minelets deploy, and the explosion seen as showing no damage inflicted is the one deploying the minelets. Strange I see NO explosions when the mines are detonating on the target.

Hmmmmm......
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Captain
# 10
07-16-2012, 10:08 AM
Tried reacquiring the torp and the new one works like the old one- as useful as a party popper.

S6 has broken one of my favorite weapons.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead