Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Starfleet Veteran
# 1 CPB doesn't decloak NPC's
02-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Sometimes when I fight NPC's in missions one of the NPC's will cloak. If I move into within 5km of where they were, and use Charged Particle Burst, I will see a blue smoke cloud where I know the NPC ship was (I assume it hit?) but the NPC won't decloak. I have to wait around for it to uncloak and attack me again.

I don't think CPB is working as it's supposed to be.
Career Officer
# 2
02-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Its might be a script and what you do whatever you do cant have a effekt on it ... even if it might should have one.
Level 50 Cpts: W-T-Riker; Jadzia; Sharan; K'Dhan; T-W-Riker; T'Pok; Ehrehin; Shanara; Karana; Lukara
Subscribed For: 1200 Days 23-08-2013
Captain
# 3
02-16-2013, 04:09 PM
While i havent tried using CPB in a looong time, i do know if you were trying it on donatra (Khitomer accord space boss) it likely wont work at all, just like ALL other anti-cloak abilities...

There arn't many pve enemies that do cloak from memory, only the off KDF BoPs that deloak like 3seconds after cloaking
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
02-16-2013, 08:52 PM
No it wasn't Donatra or a mission NPC. It's happened a couple times to me so far. The first was a Hirogen Apex Battleship in Battleship Royal Rumble. It cloaked and I used CPB and I saw a puff of blue smoke where I'm sure the battleship was, but it didn't decloak. It eventually did decloak about 10 or 15 seconds later in a different spot, but it had enough time to move there.

The second time was in a Fleet Alert. I think it was a Gorn ship. It cloaked, I used CPB, and all I saw was a puff of blue smoke where I'm sure the ship was. This one decloaked a few seconds later a little ways away.

I would like to point out that this is like the first time I've ever used CPB to decloak anything, but I assumed the enemy ship would be decloaked immediately on hit. Is it supposed to work like this?
Captain
# 5
02-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
No it wasn't Donatra or a mission NPC. It's happened a couple times to me so far. The first was a Hirogen Apex Battleship in Battleship Royal Rumble. It cloaked and I used CPB and I saw a puff of blue smoke where I'm sure the battleship was, but it didn't decloak. It eventually did decloak about 10 or 15 seconds later in a different spot, but it had enough time to move there.

The second time was in a Fleet Alert. I think it was a Gorn ship. It cloaked, I used CPB, and all I saw was a puff of blue smoke where I'm sure the ship was. This one decloaked a few seconds later a little ways away.

I would like to point out that this is like the first time I've ever used CPB to decloak anything, but I assumed the enemy ship would be decloaked immediately on hit. Is it supposed to work like this?
Im pretty sure the arn't cloaking, if memory serves its 'jam sensors' it makes it so you cant see them, but other players would.

Next time it happens, keep an eye on your buffs/debuffs, jam sensors with most likely pop up ^^

The only way to clear it, it with sci team, or just wait it out. The only reason CPB hits, is because its Point-blank Area of effect (PBAoE) meaning even if your sensors are jammed, it still hits if its nearby.

Hope that helps
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn