Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Ensign
Took a peak on their board and the whole first page was filled with welcoming/begging romulans to join them, & scorning the federation for not making a bunch of topics welcoming/begging them at all.

I'm gonna feel bad for any randon Romulan player who'l get spammed with propoganda as soon as it comes time to choose.
Rihannsu
# 2
04-01-2013, 11:40 AM
The excitement seems based on the delusion that the people making Romulan characters are all going to be unaffiliated with a fleet on Fed side, and willing to be recruited as if they are new players.

I'm sure that people will make some KDF and some UFP affiliated Romulans for novelty's sake, but in the end they're going to choose the side that offers them the best play experience.

KDF will probably benefit more from having a full leveling experience and players being able to customize their interface than they will from an influx of new players in the Romulan "faction."
Career Officer
# 3
04-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxinvictus View Post
The excitement seems based on the delusion that the people making Romulan characters are all going to be unaffiliated with a fleet on Fed side, and willing to be recruited as if they are new players.
Pretty much this.

The vast majority will bring their new Romulan characters over to the side where they are already the most heavily invested.

Republic Veteran
# 4
04-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Less excitement, more desperation.
# 5
04-01-2013, 01:12 PM
The KDF players are no more desperate than the Fed players. We're all running around screaming for more end-game content and more canon things to do.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Republic Veteran
# 6
04-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Pretty much this.

The vast majority will bring their new Romulan characters over to the side where they are already the most heavily invested.
unless your fleet decides "no romulans"
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 7
04-01-2013, 01:20 PM
I am more open to see new people in the faction, however many it will be. That's all there is to it. Whether it's new bonafide players because STO *finally* lets you create your first character with any faction, come May, and they want to play in the Klingon Empire. Or, if it was a predominantly Fed player that rolled a Romulan toon, went against the grain and decided to affiliate his Romulan with the Klingons for a change of scenery.

I have no doubts that the vast majority of Feds rolling Romulan toons will stay within their safe, comfy, baby blue confines of the Federation. Everything is all setup with them and their own fleets. It is something they're familiar with.

But for those few that choose to be different and play on the KDF side, then it's a different experience altogether.

Oh, and the Klingon Empire isn't desperate. Not by the general results of PVP, even with PUGs. Not when I log into my Fed alts at ESD, and see someone complaining about the Klingons in zone chat We're not desperate at all. We're angry with Cryptic, but not desperate.
Captain
# 8
04-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
I am more open to see new people in the faction, however many it will be. That's all there is to it. Whether it's new bonafide players because STO *finally* lets you create your first character with any faction, come May, and they want to play in the Klingon Empire. Or, if it was a predominantly Fed player that rolled a Romulan toon, went against the grain and decided to affiliate his Romulan with the Klingons for a change of scenery.

I have no doubts that the vast majority of Feds rolling Romulan toons will stay within their safe, comfy, baby blue confines of the Federation. Everything is all setup with them and their own fleets. It is something they're familiar with.

But for those few that choose to be different and play on the KDF side, then it's a different experience altogether.

Oh, and the Klingon Empire isn't desperate. Not by the general results of PVP, even with PUGs. Not when I log into my Fed alts at ESD, and see someone complaining about the Klingons in zone chat We're not desperate at all. We're angry with Cryptic, but not desperate.
Indeed. In all honesty, the main reason why KDF enthusiasts want more people in the KDF ranks is because that's what Cryptic apparently uses when determining whether a faction is worth giving resources to. The small population is an excuse for Cryptic to continually leave the faction behind and give all the shinies to the Federation fanboys who constantly demand them.
Captain
# 9
04-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
The small population is an excuse for Cryptic to continually leave the faction behind and give all the shinies to the Federation fanboys who constantly demand them.
In all fairness, not only do we constantly demand them, but we also back-up that demand by purchasing enough shiny trinkets to justify the time it takes to make them.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 10
04-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
And given the disparity of the allotments, the lopsided nature of the fed-kdf distribution will be even more exaggerated